Dogomania

They are doing good...

Guest Anonymous

[quote]I dont like smart alek remarks from people about my opinons or feelings (HF is excluded from this)
[/quote]

uh oh.....I think I'm in trouble then.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have said my piece and I'm done. I am willing to trust until you prove you cant be trusted. Then that trust is very very hard to regain. Once burned, twice cautious.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading many things that happened since I left.

As an overall assessment (not just this issue but many), it seems to me that some can be very quick to assume ones guilt. It appears to me that some seem to be blinded by their cause. It is great to have a cause and fight for something/someone but it is important to remain grounded and keep perspective. It seems many have become jaded.

I do not believe that it is your right or duty to go around trying to convince everyone how terrible someone/something is. I believe everyone has a right to their own opinion and opportunity to create their own opinion.

I dont believe you all are wrong. I know my post thanking him was what started this. A long time ago we had intelligent conversations about pits and he changed my views on them. That has nothing to do with what he does with his dogs. I dont know what he does or doesn't do with his dogs, but I do know its not my business. And even if it were, the internet is not the place to do anything about it.

So you can all take comfort that you are "right" and you can continue your sarcasm and rudeness. Or you can choose to take this opportunity to listen to an outside perspective about what is really going on here and take a little personal inventory.

[quote]3ofakind wrote:

I do not believe that it is your right or duty to go around trying to convince everyone how terrible someone/something is. I believe everyone has a right to their own opinion and opportunity to create their own opinion.

[/quote]

opinions are formed (I would hope) on the basis of the facts presented.
My opinion at the very very beginning of this debate was that RNP was NOT the person the facts ended up proving he was. Myself, and many others, chose to trust him, and ended up being hurt by it. Now let me ask you something....

If someone told you your "significant other" was cheating on you, and had pictures, recorded conversations, proof of all kinds, even though you had tried to trust the whole time, how would you feel? Cheated? Let down?
yes, you would and you know it. Tell me you wouldnt want to tell everyone you know how untrustworthy he was. To many of us here, the care and treatment of animals is a life-love. Rott did offer some good information, and appeared to be a caring dog owner. Until it was proved otherwise, and as I said, I was one of his staunchest defenders. It makes it especially worse that these are Pit's we are talking about - a dog already threatened
with banning and extinction. Rott knows this. We cant even fathom how he could want to run a Pit Puppy Mill knowing how the animals fate already hangs in the balance....

Just forget I even said a word! No one is even reading my posts.

IF he is as you claim then by all means do what you must.....when warranted.

I was speaking only of the change made to my perspective about pits. Not about what he does or doesn't do with his dogs. I do not believe the need to inform me about him was necessary based on this.

Why will no one even recognize this?

3, I guess this is just a touch subject, to everyone here. Yes, he did offer excellent advice, he was very welcome here, we all enjoyed talking with him and learning from him. Maybe that's why it made the whole situation even worse for us when it all came out. I doubt most of our opinions are going to change, unless he makes the changes himself. We feel betrayed.

None of this is your fault, please dont take it that way, but this is just one of those "buttons" that I guess is best left unpressed.

Sorry. Welcome back.

:fadein:

[quote]So you can all take comfort that you are "right" and you can continue your sarcasm and rudeness. Or you can choose to take this opportunity to listen to an outside perspective about what is really going on here and take a little personal inventory.[/quote]

Could you be a little more high and mighty.
If we ALL have a right to our opinion why are you trashing folks for trying to do what they think is right and ensure all the Newbs are aware of possible pitfalls (notice that one of the original posts was directed at a GROUP of people that may not have been aware of the RnP thing not just YOU.) If we ALL have a right to our opinion why are you trashing folks for doing what they see as their duty - protecting animals, speaking out against injustices, calling a spade a spade and in general not being complacent about things they feel are important.

[quote]Why will no one even recognize this?[/quote]
Classic me-centric attitude: Why is everyone else to stupid to understand MY obviously correct point of view.

Erin,please try to understand why people here are so upset,it doesn't mean we are wrong,it means we care.........

I for one am grateful that there are people out there like K who stand up for those without a voice :(

I for one have personal reasons for hating what this guy is doing,I have had a BYB puppy,it just so happens that he was a novelty too because he was a beautiful blue,I'm not going into that now,anyone here who is important to me knows his story anyway.

You may not think it's our business to get personal but to me and many others this does feel personal.

3, I think the problem most have is the fact that after preaching for years about pitxmastiff dogs being passed of as purebred APBTs, about responsible breeding being so important, about people wanting badass looking dogs ruining the breed's rep, etc; then for everyone to find out he was doing all the things he carried on all that time about as being wrong. It was classic "do as I say, not as I do", and then to have him come back and act as if everything is perfectly normal and he's done nothing wrong is more than annoying to people who'd believed him and thought he actually cared for the breed. Sure, he helped enlighten some people to the breed's nuances, but he has done/will do far more damage than that by his actions, which are polar opposite of his words.

He admitted on one board that he knew his newest male dog was not a purebred APBT, and had mastiff mixed somewhere in the line, but said that he was saving it from becoming foundation stock for someone's BYB operation. Turns out he was really collecting it for his own, as a few weeks later he posted somewhere else under another name (same IP# as the first name, and past posts as himself) that he'd just bought the pup and was looking for opinions on what sort of breeding dog it'd be. When ratted out there, he first denied that he was himself, saying he'd never heard of the other dogs he owned, nor himself, then eventually caved and admitted the truth, saying that he felt his name had been tarnished, and that was why he felt compelled to use a different name to peddle his pup as a breeding dog. People here were quick to jump to his defense when they heard the accusations, and some were very reluctant to believe the things in front of them that proved he'd been lying all along, which is probably why they were quick to jump in and warn you (knowing that after being gone for so long, you wouldn't know what had happened) so as to keep you from being strung along.

[quote name='anne3149']
Ah you are all giants. I am 4'11" and slight in build......can manage two Rottweilers though. Must admit I walk them one at a time. [/quote]

Woohoo!!!! I'm not the shortest person ( or adult rather) on Dogo!!!

Thank you Anne. :lol:

[quote name='K']Ya hadta get that 1/2 an inch in there didnt ya? :lol:[/quote]

Well of course I did, that half inch is very important. Just ask "anyone".

Erin, I certainly wouldn't want to see you and your Jack pack leave Dogo. The RnP subject is extremely sensitive and somehow you have managed to be caught up in it. What comments have been said have been said after thorough research and nights of heartache praying for a "stolen" dog etc. When the truth was discovered about his irresponsible breeding with his friend and the blanket of lies was uncovered everyone was very angry and still are. This is because we dread to think of his dogs being used in such an irresponsible manner and explicitly for Back yard breeding practices.

[quote name='Dog Lover'][quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh'][size=2]DL, I'm not new![/size] :lol:[/quote]

I knew that Rowie...sorry. :oops: :P [/quote]

Quite allright sweetie :wink:

3, I guess you have to be involved with what happened to understand how much it hurt the rest of Dogo, just reading the posts made me ill. Lying is no small matter...

3, I understand where you are coming from, your only thanking some one who helped you change your view on the breed and taught you something about Pit Bulls, then people come on saying read this and do this. They are only trying to warn you or others about the true RnP, even though it may not be related to what he's done for you. Which really makes it worse, its worse when some one with knowledge, education and one who knows whats right/wrong, responsible and irresponsible to go out and be irresponsible, to lie and to do everything opposite of what they've said. It so much for compared to some moron off the street being a puppymill then some one who KNOWS completly and full well what they are doing wrong and talks bad about everyone else doing it.

Now I wasn't here for the whole RnP thing and I'm a new member, but I understand what they are trying to get across. You can lie on the net, but its still wrong. You don't really know eachother but put trust in eachother as human beings. I have a few friends I've never met face to face, but I talk to them frequently online and have built a relationship with them this way. You feel you know the people on the otherside, you know about them, their beliefs, likes and dislikes and hope they are being honest. To have some one lie to you and say a dog is stolen, for you to CARE even though you've never personally met them, to HELP try and FIND this dog that they've only lied and use for byb it does really hurt people. Its the same as a friend you have met telling you the same story, putting up lost posters, ect only to find out its all a big lie.

What this RnP person did was wrong because they lied and deceived everyone. What they are doing now is wrong BYB. Breeding those things and calling them APBTs is just ridiculous, those dogs shouldn't be bred ever. They are nothing like what an APBT should be and this person just breeds to make an income thats pretty sick. Something I'll never agree with, besides the lying and whatever else happened, I wasn't apart of that and it doesn't effect my opinion of this person. What does is the fact that i hate peddlers and want to put a stop to all bybs. I also don't like the fact that they are toting these dogs around and claiming them as APBTs. And some one didn't do a very good job cropping those dogs ears, seems they weren't done correctly, but thats just a minute point. Regardless they're a byb, with good information it seems yes, maybe they should put some of their knowledge to good use instead of doing everything opposite.