Dogomania

Puppy TERROR!!!!!!

Ok, now that I have your attention ( shameless ploy, I know) what is the oddest thing that your dog had destroyed? ( Also may serve as a things to look out for puppy proofing guide :wink: )

Ivan was the only dog that we got as a puppy ( Well Cindy was a pup when we got her, but I was too young to remember anything she did)

and he destroyed, in no particular order:
-the corner off of the garage
-the "Nightmare Before Christmas" ( BEFORE I got to watch it)
-one cushion off the couch ( the cushionless place he then declared his)

This is going to sound weird, but from the time we brought Buck home (maybe 6 months old?) he never chewed anything that wasn't his! I don't know if it's because he just didn't want to, or because he never had the opportunity, but he's always been really wonderful about leaving things that aren't his alone :D

Learning not to jump was another story... :roll: :lol:

I don't know about odd but we have lost two remote controls.

Indy chewed ours and then I realised that we had the same video at work that no one was using so I took the remote control home... we had it for about 6 months and then Kira chewed it. I hope they never ask for it back :oops:

Guest Anonymous

HaHa good topic! i remeber having this topic after i posted pictures of WHAT MINE did!!lol
anyone remeber my kitchen table and chairs? that they both decided to chew until they were unsafe to u se/sit in.. lol ( it's only funny now, back then,. not so funny )

Jesse has always been good about not chewing stuff.
Brittany more than made up for his lack of hooliganism.
I came home for lunch one day to find what looked like a paper snowstorm in my living room. She had destroyed books, magazines, newspaper, a sewing kit, broken a large glass ashtray and I can't remeber what else.
My remote for my vcr has teeth marks on it but it survived.
She also ripped an electrical faceplate right off the wall and chewed into tiny bits.
One evening, getting ready for bed, I went searching for my alarm clock. Finally I took a flashlight outside, there it was, never to wake me again.
I stupidly once left a 40lb bag of dirt in the house, why I don't know.
Came home to a hazy, filthy mess, all over the carpet, furniture, walls, etc. Took me awhile to clean that up. Candy probably helped her big 'sister' out on that one.

errr where do I even start with Zoe :roll: Zoe destroyed a whole table and 6 chairs by incessant chewing, 2 rooms of lino and a rather expensive Steiff teddy bear that was worth quite a few hundred. She got herself into trouble with stealing and chewing when she was 7 months old and jumped up on the table after dinner one friday night and stole a corn on the cob with the prongs still attached. With my Dads pocket significantly lighter she was a lucky puppy to have survived her operation... and still at the age of 13 years old, she still finds it great fun to steal and chew :o

As a young puppy, Kyra wasn't all that bad! I had a previously horrible experience with puppy teething with Max, my old Chesapeake Bay Retriever. That dog would have chewed me out of house and home if I hadn't used the spray. :o

I think Kyra chewed my favorite slippers, her bed, our cat's bed, and Kevin's most expensive pair of shoes. Kevin was pretty pissed. :-?

Max chewed anything he laid his eyes on. Table and chair legs, phones, the TV stand, tried to chew paint cans but we took them away, a fancy dress of mine (he got mud all over it first though) and he got hold of my portfolio and tore it to pieces. :(

He was a very naughty puppy! Odd thing is, we have no idea how he got that stuff. We were home most of the time. The few times we weren't, he was babygated in a certain area and would just DESTROY it. He was a titan.

this made me think of something ironic/funny. when Jarvis was a puppy he was gated in the kitchen until housebroken, and chewed up a whole side of a cabinet. but that was it, until I got married. he then proceeded to destroy my wedding shoes. only those. never chewed up a shoe before or after.......think he was trying to tell me something?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Newfiemom, Indy did the same thing to my Dad. He was over at thier place being puppysat while I was away. Dad got a new shed and was about to start constructing it and Indy ran off with and ate the instructions. Luckily his neighbour had the same shed and he kept going over to look how his was put together. :lol: :lol:

Banzai was a destroyer extreme as a youth. One night I had to be rushed to the hospital and he wasn't put in the crate. So in about 12 hours time, he destroyed two couches and a loveseat. He managed to move them halfway across the room, and believe me, they weren't small. Countless books, papers, shoes, a futon, a chair, hockey card collection, ate some hair, learned how to open the fridge and ate the contents of that, tried to eat a couple of cats, a blanket, my homework, a bottle of Tums, some My Little Ponies (I collect them grrrr) and a few boxes. GSD youth typically are great at destroying things and going through severe enough seperation anxiety that would make even the worse PMS look like hiccup!

Shenanigans in contrast was a good pup. The only thing he did of serious consequence is that he dug a hole in the drywall in two rooms. One has since been patched and painted over. I have to do the next one after I strip the wallpaper from it. Shenanigans has always preferred to eat tissues as his troublemaking item.

Oh, I could go on for pages about the things BK has destroyed or tried to destroy. How about we start with my antique (1920s) watch that I stupidly left on the coffee table while I had a shower? I was gone for about 5 minutes and when I emerged he had it on the couch. I snatched it off him rather quickly and it's still got puppy tooth marks in the back of it (and it still works).
Other things he has destroyed (mostly in puppyhood) include the entire contents of the old garage (books, clothes, assorted junk), the most "precious" things being my Mr Men Picture Dictionary my grandpa gave me when I was 5 and my blue and orange pogo-ball. :oops: :-? He also managed to knock over the 240L bin a few times and redistribute the rubbish inside it. He chewed up the garden hose, his bed, blankets, clothes, he used to steal charcoal from the fireplace, he used to steal pens and things off the coffee table too. He's pulled down a couple of fences and chewed the back architrave thing off the back door. He used to play with the axe and would bring it up onto the outside table and sunbake while chewing on the handle. :o He ate all my sister's really nice Easter chocolates when he was about 8 months old (he left the crappy ones :roll: :lol: ). He chewed up my doona once while I was asleep under it and I woke up witha room full of feathers. He could dig under and *move* bluestone blocks to escape, thereby leaving huge gaping holes in the ground. Most of this he did as a puppy/young adult and in hindsight I believe most of it he did out of boredom and probably separation anxiety. (I wish I knew then what I know now about dogs and their behaviour.)

A good thing is he doesn't do any of this stuff anymore. And despite all of it he's still the best dog in the world! :wink:

Well just yesturday Zebra chewed my fave pair of sandals!!!!! Agh! Now I can't wear them anymore! :cry:

Ok, lets see
4 of the 6 kitchen chair are chewed.
My fave pair of sunglasses, I was only able to find half of it. :o
4 pairs of my underwheare.
Full soda cans.
Juce packets.
A monty python Killer Rabbit stuffed toy.

Guest Anonymous

We have had our Jack Russell for 2 months now and she has already destroyed:
1. xbox controler
2. 2 rugs
3. Phone cord
4. My friend's Bible
5. The covering for our boxspring mattress under our bed
6. a pair of thongs

Despite all of these, we love her to pieces!

Abby got into my boyfriend's wallet and ate some money...he would never tell me how much. I don't think it agreed with her stomach, and the evidence came out the next day (use your imagination).

This isn't something she eats, but she loves to sit and lick the electronic stuff...the VCR, Receiver, DVD player. Just sits and licks...happy as can be.