Dogomania

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

nadooshkinz

[img]http://lexicon.ci.anchorage.ak.us/hottopics/halloween.gif[/img][size=7][b][color=orange]H[/color][color=black]A[/color][color=orange]P[/color][color=black]P[/color][color=orange]Y[/color] [color=black]H[/color][color=orange]A[/color][color=black]L[/color][color=orange]L[/color][color=black]O[/color][color=orange]W[/color][color=black]E[/color][color=orange]E[/color][color=black]N[/color] [color=orange]E[/color][color=black]V[/color][color=orange]E[/color][color=black]R[/color][color=orange]Y[/color][color=black]B[/color][color=orange]O[/color][color=black]D[/color][color=orange]Y[/color]![/b][/size]

[i][color=orange][b][size=6]Happy Halloween to everybody![/size][/b][/color] [/i]
Keep all your furbabes safe tonight. Its one of the worst times of year for my work..and yep you've guessed it I'm working and on call tonight. :roll: Our stupid council don't pick up stray dogs after 6pm so we have to take them into the surgery. Always a fun night trying to find cage space. We don't even allow in-patients today to keep cages free unless the animal is critical but no routine spay/neuters.

[b] :lol: :o I have seen quite a lot about Halloween, I realise the kids seem to enjoy it but I am trying to work out what all the fuss is about.Its only been the last few uears that we have done any thing about it in the uk.I know I sound like a boring person but it just seems to me it's just another money making for the companys that make all the different things they put in the shops.Also I dont agree that kids should go out just to knock on doors hoping to get money.I over heard a group of kids were I live saying I love this time of year first halloween then xmas ,were they go out carol singing.If you dont give then when they come you get all sorts of abuse thrown at you.Also its not fair on the elderly having there doors knocked at night.and if your thinging I let my son do it your wrong I belive its just another form of begging.for adults they can have a party and have a good time thats not like knocking on doors.Sorry if I sound boring but I just thought it should be said.I have heared a lot of adults moan about the kids but not mant that will say so. :evilbat: :evilbat: [/b]

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='julie45']Also I dont agree that kids should go out just to knock on doors hoping to get money.[/quote]

Oh, here we just get a little candy bar, not money. I don't think I'd like it much, either, if I was supposed to give out money, lol :)

[quote]I over heard a group of kids were I live saying I love this time of year first halloween then xmas ,were they go out carol singing.If you dont give then when they come you get all sorts of abuse thrown at you.Also its not fair on the elderly having there doors knocked at night.[/quote]

They just go to everyone? I don't know if everyone does it the same way, but for us, it's always been that the people who bought candy to hand out turned their porch lights on, so the kids only go to the houses with their lights on, and no one gets bothered who doesn't want to be, so there's also no one getting verbally abused for not giving anything out.

I don't know, I guess if it's a new thing, it could be hard to get into. But for us, it's something we've done since we were tiny, and our parents did when they were little, and those of us (not me, but my friends) who have little ones get to take them out and start the cycle again :)

I love it because I love getting to see all the kids in their costumes. They're so cute :) My dog doesn't like it, lol. She barks everytime someone yells, and then she gets in trouble :( Poor Sasha. Halloween was not good to her this year ;)

[img]http://www.msu.edu/~doughe29/howloween12.jpg[/img]

ok you have all FORCED me to explain Halloween.... :lol:

Halloween actually means "All Hallows Eve"...it's a pagan ceremony (from before the time of Christ) based on the belief that ONE night a year, all of the dead souls from that year could come back ONE MORE TIME and visit earth before departing to wherever they would end up in the afterlife.
The people at the time were afraid of these spirits, and thought they would harm them, so they dressed up like dead people so that the spirits would be fooled into thinking they were one of them, and leave them alone. To
placate the spirits they would have special "treats" for them, bowls of food,
spices, etc, so that they would go away. If they came calling, they would have to do something to prove they were really a "spirit" of the dead, and then they would be given the "treat" to placate them. therefore the "trick"... The next day, Nov. 1st, which Christians designated "all saints day" was supposed to be the day that the dead souls would be dispatched to their afterlife...

:D :D :D :D

I love halloween!! I love givein candy, and makeing the the kids a little bit spooked, this year I chased them around the yard with a toy chainsaw :P 8) I just do it in the spirt of the holiday, I did remove my mask to let a few kids come get candy, but other thought it was a blast being scared :D

[b]I do admire the way you do thingsand I do agree with the way you do it.But I am sorry to say this but over here there is a lot of old people get a knock on the door and lets face it it worries them.My father is 75yrs and live's alone has my mother passed away early this year.Any way he phoned me last night to tell me is door was being knocked every few mins. THats what I dont agree with.Also some of the kids do only do it for money you give then a treat and they look at you as if you are stupid.or you just get a lot of abuse.But I am pleased that there is some out there that do things propley.[/b]