Dogomania

big pei day at the beach!

I'm so excited you guys, I've gotta tell! :P
We never meet any Shar-pei (apparently they're out of fashion :D ), so it's a very big day for us when we meet one. So far, except for Hippo's parents we've only met three others, and none of them in the park, where they can play... But today we went to the beach in the evening, we had a picnic, and then walked about for about 4 hours :lol: (imagine how Hippo collapsed when she got home!). And we met THREE SHAR-PEI at the beach!!!!! With different owners. One was a chocolate Pei, another one was fawn like Hippo, but much older (9 years old) and grumpy, and the third one was... 6 month and fawn!!! And we met on the beach, so the two of them could play together :jumpie: It was amazing... the first Pei Hippo played with, and they wrestled the same way, threw their bum at each other, pulled on each other's skins (for the first time, Hippo had something to grab on, too :D ) , made devil sounds, wrinkled thier noses, ran with their tails arched backwards... It was at times hard to distinguish which is which, and that's such an unusual feeling for us :shiny:

So I'm very very happy, we had a wonderful day! And we took pictures too, which I'll post in the picture part of the forum when we develop them.

[color=red][/color][size=6][/size]Yay Great News! Really, lol, When I Read It, I Was Smiling! I Seem To Have The Exact Same Problem..Boomer Is The Only Irish Wolfhound I Have Ever Seen In Real Life (other than books,tv etc) Except ONCE, Downtown I Saw One For Like Two Seconds Cuz I Was In The Car When We Passed It! So Yah, I Know How U Felt..But Thats Great! Aww..Imagine How Happy Hippo Must've Been! Aw, I Can Picture It! Too Cute! Well I Can't WAIT To See Pics!! :wink:
:BIG: :rainbow1: :laola: :banan: :thumbs: :smilecolros: :multi: :multi: :rainbowafro: :bluepaw: :laola: :megagrin: :dog: :Dog_run: :bigok: :iloveyou: :smilecolros: :drink_2: :laola: :thumbs:

that's awesome! i sort of know how you feel because i have dresden, an acd mix which is really unusual, at least where i am. i took her to the beach and everyone thought she was a lunatic psycho dog who was going to kill them, finally this lady came down the beach with an aussie shepherd and two border collie mixes, she was awesome and gave dresden a chance to play with her dogs and they all did great, i was so excited, it was great.

Forgot to mention, Holz, that there are 2 or 3 Irish Wolfhounds who come to our park, and my husband is now dreaming of owning one one day :D (and Hippo jumped once in the face of a wolfhound--to get him to play with her, and he was a very calm gent who looked at her like she's a lunatic!)

What a lovely outing for Hippo and you! It must have been great to see other dogs of the same breed that you have! The fun you had shines through in your post!

The Shar-Pei is rare to see out and about where I live! Hippo would be lonely... :( No cute wrinkles for her to pull on.... :wink:

Oh Pei, I know exactly how you feel! :D

Before I got Rowie, I DID see Goldens, but not alot. NEVER where I live, only when on vacation and such. Actually, it's rare for me to see DOGS where I live! :(

Anyway, one day Rowie managed to escape and go outside and start eating the garbage outside ( :roll:), when a car stopped right next to where she was. I was really scared that this person would steal her, so I went over there, and Rowie actually WENT to this person and gave this person her paw! (Typical! :roll:) I ran over there, when I was met by the face of a women. She greeted me (she was french) and said:"Is this a Golden Retriever?" Imagine my surprise, somebody who knew the Golden! I answered "Yes" and she said:"I have one at home, Cookie, whos also a female. You should come over sometime and bring your Golden to play!" I was so happy! Turns out, she was my nieghbor! So we sat there in the middle of the road just chatting for a long time. Then she went back home and so did I, and after about a week I went over to her house to ask if I could bring Rowie to play, only to find out she was out of the country. Then the next time I went over, I found out she had moved! :cry: I was devestated.... :cry:

But anyway, I am so happy you found some Shar-Pei owners! I can imagine Hippo grabbing another Pei's wrinkles! It's too cute! :D your happiness shines through your post! LOL! :D Can you e-mail some Golden owners over here? :wink: I know how happy Hippo must have been! :D

The pulling on skins part is something she never gets to do--all the dogs who play with her pull on her skin and strech it out :lol: And because she can never get grab of anything in return, she's now going for their collars, which she can use tu pull the dogs around :D But with Alza (the Shar-pei) it was just skin pulling on both parts....

Rowie, if you could only see how many goldens and labs are around here... Rowie and you would be in heaven... although my experience with them is that only very few play (Hippo has 2 golden friends, but most of them seem to want to retrieve balls for fun, not play with other dogs)

and yes, everybody, we had LOTS of fun at the beach, and I bet by the end, Hippo even forgave me for keeping her on a leash and ruining her chance at licking the faces of all the easy targets laying on the beach, and her chance at finding any dead fish to eat and/or roll in :evilbat:

[quote]Rowie, if you could only see how many goldens and labs are around here... Rowie and you would be in heaven... although my experience with them is that only very few play (Hippo has 2 golden friends, but most of them seem to want to retrieve balls for fun, not play with other dogs) [/quote]
IT IS THE SAME WHERE I LIVE TOO HUNDEREDS

Guest Anonymous

Ya I would be really excited to see another Carolina Dog, mine seem to be the only ones in my neighborhood. :cry: Theyre the only ones I've seen besides ones in pictures.

Wow, you have a Carolina Dog, guest? I hear they are very rare! :o I'm guessing you won't see alot... :( Can we see pics? He/She...details? :lol:

Oh pei and mouse! :cry: I wish I could live closer to a DOG country! :x I mean, yeah, we do have SOME Goldens, but I don't know any owners!! :cry: Except that French lady... :cry: Sigh.....

I'll live, hopefully I'll meet some!! :D Bahrain may be a small country, but the population is like 400,000! :o Or more....