Dogomania

Another spayed dog!!

StarFox

I'm soooo happy!!! My best friend FINALLY decided to spay her female german sheaperd mix!!!!!!! :P
I've been telling my freind to get her dog spayed because it's important for behavor reasons, medical reasons and a safeguard against unwanted pregnancy. But her family never "had" the money to pay for it. The operation was 130 dollars and that included the anistesia(sp?), blood work and over night stay. But her mom said that it was too much for them to pay..even though they make 100,000 dollars a year!!!! Anways I was getting soo mad that no one cared about this poor pup that they leave outside all the time even in the 100 degree wheather. So I asked my freind if she had had her first heat yet and she was like "well how can I tell?"..... :o :x . Needless to say that I was a little peeved. So i told her if she didn't spay her dog Agatha before her first heat that her dog was going to start bleeding and everystray in the neighborhood would be in there back yard! ...and guess what?! she told her mom that and they got her spayed yesturday!!!! :D So hopefully this dog will now get some training and get to go inside the house!!! Oh I'm soo happy they got her spayed.

Oh I forgot, about 2 weeks ago my freind said that when agatha had puppies she would put them in a box and send them down the river....(joking of course!) but needless to say I was not amused! So i was sitting at there kitchen table and she askes me "well who would you rather have be pregnant, Me or the dog?"...I told her that I would rather see her get pregnant because I'm tired of having to hear about puppied being put down because of irresponsible owners....hehehehe :lol: She wansn't very happy with me at that moment in time! :wink:

Sorry about the rambling..I just needed to share the good news with someone!

GOOD JOB STARFOX!!! YOU GO GIRL!!
:D

I cant believe the reasoning power of some people - we wont spay her because it's too expensive, but we will as soon as mom finds out she is going to "make a mess...."

Mom has children - she knows that dogs have puppies - did it never occur to her that the dog would have to menstruate to do that? Maybe we should make a point when trying to convince people that the dog is "going to start having periods" instead of "going into heat"....

:evilbat:

aww thanks everyone.. :oops: :oops: . makin' me blush now.

But I should be thanking everyone of you...because if it were not for all of you always talking about the importance of spaying I wouldn't have known how important it was. So thank you all for educating me!