Dogomania

Is your heart smiling?

:D

I was wondering how everyone else felt.

I know that everyone here that is an addicted regular loves their dogs. I also have the feeling that everyone thinks of and treats their dogs as their children. What I am wondering is how many of you always feel like your heart is smiling because of them.

Sally has changed my life and how I look at the world in general. I believe that it would be almost impossible for you to feel honest love and compassion in your heart if you don't have those feelings for the animals around you, particularly your dogs. I love my cats but never felt as strong of a bond with them as I do with Sally-Rose.

:angel:

I also agree with you. It hasn't changed the way I view the world though lol I still think that animals are many times more beautiful than humans, but then I went to the dogswalk yesterday and cried. Sounds corny but I saw someone with a 3 legged dog and it made me cry because more people like that pet owner are needed in this world. I saw 2 doggies in doggy wheelchairs and it broke my heart, but I saw their owners gushing over their dogs and I thought it was beautiful. Having Elle has introduced me to the doggie mom world and I love it! I love seeing that there are more people like me out there. I actually thought I was the only one :oops:

i agree too. dogs have changed my life for the better, our whole daily routine revolves round our 4 dogs, and that`s just how we like it. I can remember saying when i was about 14 that when i left home my dream would be to own loads of land and a big house so i could rescue as many dogs as i could. unfortunatley the dream about loads of land and a big house didn`t come true but i have managed to rescue six dogs :wink:
i don`t think you can beat sharing your life with dogs....it`s the best :D

[quote name='jen']iI can remember saying when i was about 14 that when i left home my dream would be to own loads of land and a big house so i could rescue as many dogs as i could[/quote]
I have the same dream :o Good for u! :bday:

[quote name='sheltielover']Bronxie, I felt the same as you....I thought I was the only one who loved dogs so much until I found this site. It makes me feel good to know there are people out there that go crazy over their dogs like I do! :)[/quote]

ME TOO :D

i forgot to say..........YES my heart is smiling too :D

When we had our last dog (Jasmine, she was 13 when she died 4 years ago) I loved her but wasn't a real doggie lover. I think it was because she was always her dad's dog and I was younger and more intolerant than he was. I was always concerned about the dog hairs everywhere etc.

But when we lost her I was devastated and just recently a lady I know said she'll be glad when her old dog dies, I told her she would regret saying that and lo and behold she does, they had to have him put to sleep recently.

So losing Jasmine taught me a lot because I would suffer 6 feet of dog hairs etc if we could just have her back for one more day to tell her I did love her really (starting to cry now) and I'm sorry for shouting at her etc.

When we got Ruby and Rosie six months later I swore I would not make the same mistake again. So yes all my dogs have changed my life. They have never been shouted at or had a hand raised to them and they have only known love and affection and that's the way it will always be, despite double the dog hairs and let me tell you Rosie moults twice as much as Jasmine ever did but who cares, take us as you find us.

Don't get me wrong Jasmine had a lovely life but I just wish that I had been more affectionate with her, but she got double from her dad. And now I give more than double to my girls.
[img]http://uk.msnusers.com/_Secure/0SwDpAnEWbU!o*Q5ALVOQJ0TdHJ8B!Zm9MMjo6NY1ZASv1N0s66s0sd15krUZQ0vuIrMOP5uzgjxGrYEGNU2Hux8!be9F7d1qNie7leT7Rk12qpyrx1qKdQ/Picture-066.jpg?dc=4675420665567523363[/img]
:iloveyou: In Memory of Jasmine 1985-1998 :iloveyou:

oh marion, [color=violet]jasmine[/color] was beautiful. TRY NOT TO FEEL BAD AS NOW SHE`S AT THE RAINBOW BRIDGE SHE WILL KNOW EVERYTHING NOW.....SO SHE WILL NOW KNOW HOW MUCH YOU REALLY DID LOVE HER, BUT I BET SHE ALREADY KNEW THAT WHILE SHE WAS STILL HERE ANYWAY :angel:

Thanks Jen, that made me feel better. I wish I hadn't posted her pic because I keep crying now everytime I see it. I don't know why because there are photo's of her all over the house. Do we ever really get over it, look at Courtnek and Shara they have only recently lost their loved ones and here's me blubbing over Jasmine and she died 41/2 years ago. Is there any hope for us all :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh yes Jen she was beautiful but I'm biased and I didn't appreciate her enough at the time :( :( :(

i`m glad what i said helped. I can`t speak for others, but i am just the same, Bronwin and Ben went to the bridge nearly 4 yrs ago and i can`t tell you how much i miss them. I look at their pic hanging in the house and just burst into tears, or certain songs that remind me of them (as they both have special songs each) plays and i burst into tears again. :cry: :cry:
i don`t think we ever get over them Marion, we just learn to live with our broken hearts :cry:

My heart smiles for my puppy girl (and my cat) all the time. I couldnt imagine not having pets....they are so special, and bring so much joy, and ask so little in return.....If I have to cry, I cry on Freebee (or PushyCat)
I dont call my sister, I dont go to my son, I cry on them.

:fadein:

Thank you everyone for sharing such dear stories and feelings. I know that no matter how hard my day has been, what kind of mood I'm in that my babies will love me and want to make whatever is wrong better, I see it in their eyes. I love all of them so much and am so glad that there are other people in the world that feel the same. I wish everyone could experience the love that there can be between a person and their pet.

i feel exactly the same coutnek, i also go to my dogs when i cry, but you can gurantee they come to me first the minute they think i`m upset, and come and lick, cuddle and comfort me....how special is that...how lucky we are...bless their little hearts :angel:

[quote name='Rosebud']:fadein:

Thank you everyone for sharing such dear stories and feelings. I know that no matter how hard my day has been, what kind of mood I'm in that my babies will love me and want to make whatever is wrong better, I see it in their eyes. I love all of them so much and am so glad that there are other people in the world that feel the same. I wish everyone could experience the love that there can be between a person and their pet.

:angel:[/quote]

never a truer word spoken rosebud :D

My heart is definitely smiling because of my puppy. I love him sooooo much. When it starts getting close to 5.00 every day I can't wait to get home and see him.

My b/f even jokingly gets jealous and says I love Indy more than him :roll:

Guest Anonymous

not too sure if my heart's smilin now. More like cryin. Yeah, I love Coal, but Hazel was everything to me.
I'd come home from horible school to my bitching mom, and lock myself in my room with Hazel and blare my music and cry, and Hazel would always wana play and make me feel better. She had such a zest for life. I guess that's why good people bond so well with dogs (and other animals) cuz they wish they could be as happy and care-free as their beloved pets.

My dogs most definitely make my heart smile!

I adopted Jackie on February 9, 2002. I had moved back home (to the house I grew up in) to take care of my dad during the final months of his battle with cancer. Jackie kept my dad company while I was working (until I stayed home full-time to take care of him), and her goofy antics made him laugh out loud several times even though he was in a deep depression.

We had also put my mom in a nursing home in January due to advanced Alzheimers. She does't know any of us any more, but she's happy. I brought Jackie to the nursing home several times, and she brightened up everyone's faces.

I know that Jackie made a big difference in my dad's final months (he passed away on April 5, 2002), and I don't know how I could have gotten through everything without her.

And the week before I had to have my beloved horse, Lena, put down last November, I adopted Maya so that Jackie could have a sister. My dogs made what was the worst year in my life bearable.

No matter how depressed or sad I might be, when Jackie and Maya meet me at the door wiggling from head to tail and showing me their goofy puppy smiles, they always make me smile. I always look so forward to getting home to them. I always wave to them when I leave and when I come home. They are my babies; they are my life!

Marion,
I certainly can empathize with you..... I was the same way.
I had my beautiful dog Nakita for 15yr. (Akita/Rott), when she got on in her old age , for some reason I became intolerant and always complained about dog hair, etc..... When she died I became a basket case.
Nakita was a loyal , faithful, protective friend to me for 15yr. , she was my constant shadow. And this is how I repaid her in her old age.
This is very upsetting to me even now..... *tears* :cry:
I have now become a much more tolerant person and a total Dog lover.
The 3 girrllzz I have now are my world , and I think Nakita has changed me and made me a better person.
I just hope when we meet again, she can forgive me. :cry:

I haven't yet had a dog that has been mine, but I've always know lots of dogs. Most of them I haven't know for long, since I've only met them in the summers, but I have loved them tremendously, and even though some of them are gone now, I'll always remember them and the wonderful times we spent together.
Even now, eight years later, I still cry because I miss Marmey, one of my guinea pigs. I don't think it matters if its a dog or a rodent, no matter what kind of animal it is they love you unconditionaly for just being you. You can be totaly honest and yourself with animals, they don't care if you are considered strange by humans.

:D

Shara - I think it's o.k. if your heart is crying over Hazel and at the same time smiling for Coal.

Nea - My heart smiles when I see the birds at my bird-feeder, the frogs playing in the garden, two deer standing in a corn field. I think it's great that you have been able to share this bond with other animals.

Exactly the same Debbie, only I was more tolerant in her old age but less so leading up. I too hope she can forgive me, because lets face it what's a few hairs compared to the love and affection they give you. A pity I didn't always think like this, but better to be late than never. :(

So it's thanks to Jasmine that Ruby and Rosie are spoiled rotten :D