Dogomania

"Just" a Dog @#&+*%$@#!!

Daisysmom

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to you and daisy. Going to see a holistic vet sounds good. I know a couple of dog owners who swear by them. In fact one dog the vet gave up on (it had bowel problems) a holistic vet cured it completely so go for it :D This dog had the problem for 4 years) :x

Well, the holistic vet called me today at work and suggested that I look into a homeopathic treatment for her. Any ideas anybody? She did give me the name of a vet, but said she would charge me for the phone consultation, ugh! I can't even tell her what's wrong without her charging me???

Charge you for talking to her on the phone :evil:

And being able to do a consultation over the phone :oops:

Hey are you sure its not a animal phsycic :o

I am sure you could get info through the net free

Oh lame. Sounds like your area is not the best for holistic vets...
I can't believe that's all they suggested. I like holistics because they look at the whole animal and lifestyle when looking for problems.

Well there are books. Dr Pitcairn's book is awesome.
You can't really screw up homeopathic treatments in this case.

How is she doing?

The holistic vet actually recommended Dr Pitcairn's book.

She seems to be getting better. Still pooping in the house, but again, I think it is getting firmer. (Hubby "saved" it for me, so I could look at it! - Wasn't that nice of him :lol: )

I think I will keep her on this diet for a while and see how she does. I feed her a mix/alternate of rice, yams, natural yogurt and some EN with a sprinkle of slippery elm at every meal. Seems good so far. Anything else I can add excpet for the beef?

Edit: [quote]I am sure you could get info through the net free[/quote]
I looked, but really didn't find much. I have to look again.

Thanks

[color=blue][size=7]Guess what everybody?? Daisy didn't poop in the house last night (first time since getting out of the hospital) :laola:
I think she is on her way to recovery!!!!!!!!!![/size][/color]
[size=6][color=orange]Thanks everybody for all your help, especially alicat and roo!![/color][/size]

daisymom, I asked the dog owner about the homeopathic treatment that was given to her dog with the bowel problems, she said the dog was put on arsenic alb until the trouble had cleared up and then put on a special diet with no red meat for about 2 months and then gradually back to her normal diet and she's okay now. Apparently it was colitis. Her own vet just kept on giving her anti inflamitory injections with no proper examination, the homeopathic vet was more thorough going into her general health and diet etc. She now goes to the homeopathic vet every time the dog needs any treatment for any ailment and is very pleased with the way he cures her dogs. Also with homeopathic medicine there are no side effects and it is completely safe. Anyway enough of me droning on :roll: I'm really pleased Daisy is on the mend :beerchug: Hopefully it won't return :D

[quote name='daisykatep']daisymom, I asked the dog owner about the homeopathic treatment that was given to her dog with the bowel problems, she said the dog was put on arsenic alb until the trouble had cleared up and then put on a special diet with no red meat for about 2 months and then gradually back to her normal diet and she's okay now. Apparently it was colitis. Her own vet just kept on giving her anti inflamitory injections with no proper examination, the homeopathic vet was more thorough going into her general health and diet etc. She now goes to the homeopathic vet every time the dog needs any treatment for any ailment and is very pleased with the way he cures her dogs. Also with homeopathic medicine there are no side effects and it is completely safe. Anyway enough of me droning on :roll: I'm really pleased Daisy is on the mend :beerchug: Hopefully it won't return :D[/quote]

Arsenic is a heavy metal, poison and usually used for the removal of heart worms. It makes the animal very, very sick.

Why was Arsenic used? That is not a biologic, nor considered a homeopathic. Hum...can you find out why Arsenic was used?

Arsenic Alb is a homeopathic treatment for upset tummies in dogs and humans, I have used it on my dogs recently. It's not toxic, completely safe in fact, look it up in a homeopathic book or alternative medicine site. You have to understand about how it works before you comment on it. I hope you haven't scared people off of using it. The homeopathic vet in our town prescribes it all the time. I'm sure he wouldn't want to kill off all our dogs! I'd like to hear your comments on thi :roll: