Dogomania

Pet Store Story

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Please check out my website for our pet store story.
We bought McKay, our black lab puppy over a week and a half ago and she has been in the animal hospital ever since.
[url]http://www.angelfire.com/magic/mckay/[/url]

Oh, I am so sorry!!! She seems like a really nice puppy, and it ain't fair that she's sick. I too, have a puppy mill dog, but fortunataly their is nothing wrong with him.

I can't believe they knew that they were selling you a sick puppy!!! That's just ridiculous!!! Oh, it makes me soo mad!!!

Good luck and best of wishes to Mckay and you.

Guest Anonymous

Oh how sad! How horible that the pet shop KNEW about that, and because of their money wanting fists, three puppies died! That makes me SO mad! :evil: :evilbat:
So glad to hear she's doing okay NOW though... She looks like such a sweetie in that pic, and I'm sure she is too!

Guest Anonymous

Thanks, guys!
I'm glad that you checked out the site. Please feel free to post the web address on other message boards.
McKay is coming home today for the night and day tomorrow. Then she has to go back to the animal hospital so that they can watch her for a few more days to make sure that she is recovering. We just want to give her a chance to be at home and hopefully cheer up!
She's such a sweetie.
Thanks again for your kind words.
Alyson

Oh, I'm so happy! I'm sure takeing her home will lift her spirit! Give her a big bearhug from me aramsey, ok?
When do you think you can have her home permanently?

I'm so sad to hear about McKays siblings. :( I'll light a candle for them tonight. (My little way of respecting little lives gone to heaven)

/Crest

Guest Anonymous

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers.
McKay passed away yesterday after contracting pheumonia. She had been fighting for over two weeks so we are just thankful that she can finally be at peace.
I have created a website with her story.
Please check it out and post it on other boards to make people aware.
ALR
[url]www.angelfire.com/magic/mckay[/url]

:cry: That is so sad! :cry:
I don't really know what to say... :cry:
I really wished she would pull through!

I'm sure she is in a better place now without any problems with heath or anything else watching over you like you watched over her.

Love: Crested

Hello aramsey, I am so sorry :cry: to hear about your new baby. I too had a bad experience with a Pet Store. It was about 10 years ago and I had to have this kitten. I had a guarantee and a free vet visit :lol: . I waited until the last day to use the vet visit and when I went in the vet asked why I didn't bring the kitty in as soon I got her. He had been treating the whole litter for dystemper. I had a fit and a fight :agrue: with the store manager over my refund; :o he wanted the cat back. I eventually had to stand in the middle of the store (mall store) and scream as loud as I could about how he knew the cat was sick and didn't tell me. I got my refund and he paid for my prescriptions and I got to keep the cat.

[quote name='DogPaddle']I'm sorry too hear this. Don't be a stranger, you don't need to have a dog to come chat with us.[/quote]

Yes, exactly! And then when you feel the time is rite, and you're gonna get you a new doggie, we can help you! This time from a breeder! :D

I'm so sorry for your loss! :cry: :cry: :cry: I saw the website, forwarded it to all my friends, and showed my mom. It is horrible! If you need a shoulder to cry on...Dogomania is here for you!

I am [b]VERY [/b]sorry for your loss :cry: I know you will miss McKay! :cry:

I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers... :cry:

Fly away little :angel: and be free of pain and loss! :angel:

Guest Anonymous

Thank you all so much for your support.
I am just SO ANGRY!!
I have been very busy posting McKay's website address on boards and sending it to everyone that I know. I think that McKay was brought to us for a reason and although we will miss her terribly, it's now Mike's and my job to do our part in making sure that this does not happen again.
I am going to be planning a protest outside of the store in the near future - PETA and the SPCA are sending me handouts and that kind of thing. Please email me if you are in the New Jersey area and would be interested.
Again, thank you for your support. McKay would be just tickled!
[url]www.angelfire.com/magic/mckay[/url]
Alyson

So sorry that McKay passed. :cry:

I will not buy from Pet stores. I know pets can still get sick but if you know where they come from (breeder,parents,) and you can visually see where they are born and the circumstances that is a start.

Someone in my neighborhood had that same problem and they returned the puppy to the Pet store and got a refund. Because the Vet didn't know if the puppy would pull through even with treatment.
Well the puppy did pull through, the pet store had him treated and when the people saw that she was for sale again , they wanted to re-purchase her for the same amount they had paid before and the pet store turned them down because they wanted $200 more dollars for her. So the people had to decline.

Pet stores are definitely in it for the profit not the love of the animals.
I get very depressed when I go in for supply's and see the puppies on those hard wire bottom cages with no pad for comfort. It's soo sad :(

So sorry for your loss and the pain that McKay had to endure,
Debbie