Dogomania

First race of the year!

Well, this weekend is our first race of the season; a sixty mile race of two 30 mile heats for a six dog team. The truck is packed; the dogs have been training since September and have over 800 miles under their harnesses, and the weather looks like it's going to cooperate, (for a change!). I'll let you guys know how we did on Mon. See ya then! :lol:

RACING? SNOW RACING? OK, I HAVE to know all about it! I watch the
snow race they have on TV every year... Interon? Interbod? I cant remember the name, but I watch it anyway!!

I feel stupid, but I HAVE to know! That is SO phenomenal!!!
I keep thinking of the story of the Alaskan snow dogs that ran the cure
for a bacterial disease to the outposts of Alaska and saved kids lives...

PLEASE tell me what you are doing!!

Iberon? grrrrrr.... I cant remember the name!!!

Iditarod. That race is waaaaaay out of my league! Courtnek- If you want to see lots of sled dog stuff, check out a web site called Sled Dog Central- sorry, can't provide a link cause I'm a total technology nerd, but they have a load of info- links ,pics , the works. When I say snow racing i use the term loosely, cause we don't have that much, and with A 40 degree day today it's fading fast. the race we are going to is on the south shore of Lake Superior, so they probably have some lake effect snow. I hope.

Hey, we're back, a little stiff and sore, but none the worse for wear. As this was a relatively short race, there were allot of "Sprinty" dogs entered, so my Malamute/Alaskan crosses didn't exactly go out there and light the trail on fire... But we weren't last at least. We did the very hilly 30 mile trail in 3 hours and 2 minutes the first day and 2 minutes faster the second. The first day there was 4 inches of new snow, and new snow is always sticky so that made the trail a bit tougher- but the hills were the worst! Not short steep ones but long, long slopes up to 2 miles long- I did allot of running, but hey I lost 6 lbs.! Bug and Zeus ran lead and went through all the check points with out even a sideways glance and passed other teams really well. Cricket the Pom went along and was an absolute angel!! :angel: Slept all the way up and all the way home, and was good at the motel we stayed at (who incidentaly, accepted pets, but not kids!!! 8) Made my weekend! The strangest thing was that there was a girl entered from Victoria Australia. Really! It was really fun talking to her, she was staying with some Mushers in Minnesota. All in all, we had fun, but I can't post pictures as I don't own a computer.. :-?

Guest Anonymous

They should come take some of our snow! :lol: We got enough to share!

Way ta go Pumpkin! Sounds like it was some fun!

Yay! The New Calidonia Dog Sled Race will be held March 1-2!! I SO can't wait! Every year I try SO hard to get up early enough to watch them leave, and stay out late enough to watch them come back, but I NEVER succeed! LOL Well, last year I got to see the last team leave, and the first team come back! LOL

This year though... :lol: