Dogomania

paws crossed please

rotten_two

we could use some positive thoughts today as aspen is going to have a skin punch procedure. he has been fighting what we thought was a staph infection for about 6 weeks now. 3 courses of antibiotics later and it's not improving like we would hope. since he has not done well with anesthesia in the past they are just gonna dope him up good and give a local pain block in order to get the skin sample. i will keep you posted about his progress!

he loves hugs and kisses JM! i taught him to bump my lips with his nose when i say "kiss" or "i love you" so it looks like he really is kissing me. i admit i am starting to feel a little stressed because like everyone else i hate to see my babies unwell.

the worst part is that he has to be fasting in case something goes awry and they have to put him under. so he was so pitiful when he didn't get breakfast :cry:

thanks everyone! i am really starting to get uneasy because i have read about and viewed pics of the procedure. since he will not be completely out they want hunny and me to be in the room with him to kinda keep him calm. i think i will be ok but hunny is not so great with blood and guts. the lesions are along his backbone which is totally freaking me out cause threre is not a lot of skin there to begin with! ACK! one part of me hopes the vet will look at the rash and say she doesn't need to do it while the other part wants a definitive answer as to what the heck is causing the problem.

GRRRRRRR! so hunny and i arrange to take the afternoon off we get to the vet and they say um we have to reschedule for thursday. hunny went bonkers and cursed a blue streak. they say they called us several times but only left one message -- however i have yet to find the message on cell, work or home. so i immediately fed aspen. we have to do this fasting again tomorrow as the procedure is scheduled for the am. i don't need this kind of stress :evil: our normal vet is in greece on vacation and this is her business partner (who coincidentally does all surgeries anyway) we're not real impressed!