Dogomania

Jackie and Maya are not feeling too well :(

JackieMaya

I got home from work about an hour late tonight, and when I walked in there were a few little barf puddles in the hallway. I figured it was Maya because she acted like she REALLY wanted to go outside. And Jackie and Pooh Bear were acting normal.

But just now Jackie threw up her whole dinner (I fed them about an hour and a half ago). The barf puddles didn't have food in them, but just now it was all dog food. I'm going to keep an eye on her and if she still doesn't feel well in the morning I'll take her to the vet. Hopefully it's nothing.

And when I was cleaning up her food barf with paper towels, Pooh Bear grabbed one of the barf-filled paper towels out of the wastebasket and I had to pry his mouth open to release it. He likes eating green poop too (after Greenies). Goofball!

aww poor jackie! i hope she is feeling better this morning.

aspen hardly ever throws up -- seriously i think he has barfed 3 times ever and 2 of those times were induced. BUT the times he did puke we discovered he is possessive about the vomitus! even when i was sick after my spinal tap he was guarding my puke! everything's a food source i guess!

Okay, now I'm getting worried.

When I came downstairs after doing my morning weigh-in, I rubbed Maya's side with my foot like I always do when she's at the bottom of the steps, and she started doing the pre-barf heaving. Then she went up the stairs and threw up. And it was the liquidy barf that was in the hallway last night. So I think it WAS her that threw up in the hallway last night.

I put some Panalog on Jackie's nose owies last night shortly before she threw up, so I think that maybe she licked that and it made her sick? But I've been putting it on her nose every day and this is the first time she's thrown up.

I think I'm going to call in sick today so I can keep an eye on the kids and be able to take them in to my vet if they get sick any more.

No barfing from Pooh Bear.

I just hate it when my babies are sick!

I just talked with my vet, and he thinks that maybe it's from the antibiotics (that they're both on) and the pain pills (that Maya's on) from their scuffle last week. I didn't give meds to either of them last night or this morning, and my vet said to stop the meds and if they're not better in two days to bring them in.

I called in to work and am talking 1/2 day off so I can keep an eye on them. I really don't like to have to leave my dogs for 9 hours when they're sick. My supervisor has 3 Goldens, so she understands dogs and dog people.

It's real hot and humid again today, so we'll spend most of the day in the air conditioning, and I'll fill up their pool for them later so they can soak in that.

I also need to go to the weight clinic, get my nails done and get the oil changed in my truck.

Well, it's been five hours with no barfing, so hopefully Maya got it all out of her system. I didn't feed them this morning either with touchy stomachs, so I'm sure they'll be ready to eat tonight when I get home from work. Her face is telling me she's feeling good now too.

I have two big-a$$ water bowls in the house and one big-a$$ water bowl outside, so as long as I'm here they're all drinking enough water. When I'm gone, they don't drink, but at least I'll only be gone for about 5-1/2 hours tonight instead of my normal 9 hours.

I think we're in the clear!

Here's hoping they're feeling better.

It's kind of interesting, really. A couple of my dogs were sick last week, and one of my best friend's dogs was sick like that. Our dogs did a good bit of puking, but it evolved into diarrhea. It seems to have cleared up, though.

Maybe it's just some bug. I swear that when one of my dogs gets sick, the others have a sympathy illness for them. Maybe your guys are doing it, too.

Maya is a traveling barfer too. When Jackie barfs, she does it all in one spot. But Maya will barf a little, then walk forward a few steps, then barf a little more. I usually have about 3 barf puddles each time Maya barfs. Pooh Bear has only barfed once since I've had him, and that was on the way home from the vet clinic after his hip surgery. It was a nice big pile on the floor mat.