Dogomania

Pit Bulls sicced on family dog

Guest Mutts4Me

Guest Mutts4Me

And you know people are going to flip out on Pit Bulls, not stupid people who have Pit Bulls...

[b]warning[/b] there is a picture the owner took of his dog being killed

[quote]
Family's dog attacked by pit bulls
Attack forces animal to be put down

(ABC12 Image)
By Taryn Asher
Flint

Why didn't he go out there and try to scare the pitbulls away that I don't understand? I would of at least tried to go out there with a stick or something. I know pitbulls can be scarey as well as any large breed, but I'd at least try to go out there and stop it. Once I got chased by a dog who was snapping at me, so I turned around and kicked the dog (otherwise i'd probably get bitten) the dog ran away crying!

I agree peoples faults not pitbulls. If people could just keep their dogs under control, and tied up , or fenced in a yard we wouldn't have that problem.

Guest Mutts4Me

I don't get it either. I've jumped into dog fights before, and I would do it again. I would go get my baseball bat if I had to, but I would not stand by for an hour [i]taking pictures of my dog being mauled.[/i]

So, the guy stood there and took pictures of his dog being killed? I can understand being afraid of getting attacked, but I'd still be there with a weapon trying to get the dogs off my dog! And did you notice:
"as two pit bulls tortured and killed his dog. " Tortured and killed? How can dogs torture other dogs? Now pit bulls not only kill but they torture too! Stupid irresponsible owners. :x

[quote name='Mei-Mei']Everything about this is so stupid:

(1). I'm not an expert, but the two dogs biting the other dog don't look like pitbulls to me.
(2). The Sharpei was chained in the backyard. Chained. [b]Chained[/b]. What's one of the reasons they tell you not to chain a dog? :-?
(3). Idiotic owners of these 'pitbulls'. Where were they?
(4). Idiotic owner of the Sharpei. Put the effen camera down and try to scare away the two dogs attacking your dog![/quote]

Yeah, what she said!

Even if you didn't want to get in the middle of a dog fight (who would!), at least throw things at the dogs or spray them with water or do SOMETHING. If you could get a car back there, drive the car up to the dogs and start honking the horn. Geez, just stand there for an hour and take pictures. :evil:

That is a tragedy for those people. It's unfortunate for their dog that they were so paralized with fear that all they could do was take pictures.

I think they were trying to help in their own way. They were obviously too scared to go out there and they were upset that the police wouldn't come. I'm sure they felt helpless. :(

[quote]And the only thing Melissa and Jonathan Cheney have been told they can do is press charges so they can be reimbursed for the cost of their dog, which they don't plan to do. [/quote]

Seems odd that they have all this evidence but don't want to press charges. I know I certainly would. I would also want those dogs put down or rehomed. I know it's not really their fault but obviously their current owners cannot handle them and they are a danger.

Take pictures? TAKE PICTURES? :evil:

Don't these people own an airhorn, pepperspray, any rocks nearby? Theres no exuse not to do anything at all. Yes, I would be scared if there were two vicious dogs in my yard too, but that would probably make me all the more likely to do something about it. I really don't think these people cared much about their dog. The poor pup had to suffer because of these people, what a shame... :cry:

Guest Mutts4Me

Okay, so I made sure to watch the 11 o'clock news in case they replayed the story. They did.

They start off with (as the story reads) "Flint 911 tapes capture the emotions of a dog owner who was forced to stand by and watch as two pit bulls tortured and killed his dog."

They again state the pit bulls "tortured" the dog. And then they play the 911 tape. Maybe the guy was stunned... It's possible, but you certainly don't hear any emotions as the guys says "Umm... these dogs are outside... and they just killed my dog... pit bulls... they're still here." The 911 operator has more emotion in her voice than that dude.

So then they show the interview. The owner is a healthy looking guy about my age (23), not some frail old man or anything. And he and his (possible) wife stand there, looking fine in front of the camera and says "it was very traumatic, like losing a child." But they certainly didn't look/sound like they'd just lost a child.

I'm sorry. I feel very bad for these people for not only having lost their pet, but having to witness something like that. And I think the idiots who dropped the dogs off in front of the Shar-Pei's house are total *&%$^#s. But I cannot, for the life of me, wrap my mind around the actions of the Pei's owners.

:o Ummmm..........sorry folks but there is no way I'd stand by while my dog (s) were being attacked. I'd go out there with a baseball bat, a machete, anything I could get my damn hands on and bludgeon those animals to death !!!!!

Sorry, just my opinion.......

I certainly wouldn't stand there and take pictures while my beloved pet was being ripped apart.......... :cry:
How can that owner sleep at night ??? :evil:

The only ones I feel sorry for are the dogs. I feel sorry for the Shar Pei that it got attacked at his owners were too busy taking pictures to even attemp to stop the attack. I feel sorry for the two "pitbulls" because now they will die because there owner was to stupid to take proper care of them.

Also I call bullshit. The woman said that it was like "losing a child". First if they actually cared about the dog he wouldn't have been chained up outside unsupervised. Secondly they would have tried any way they could have to stop the attack, not go find a camera and watch their dog being attacked.

My dog is like my child and if he were to ever be attacked I know I would try everything and anything to get the other dog off. I'd go threw hell and high water to keep my dog safe and it pisses me off that these people act like they cared about there dog when it is so obvious that they didn't. :evil:

Guest Anonymous

Honestly... I would really like to know what it will take to get people to be more responsible with their pets. I just dont get it! I would bet these people will get another dog and he will end up being chained up right in the same spot.

[quote]And what I don't understand is that these were two pitbulls against one shar pei attacking for an hour, and the shar pei still wasn't dead? That doesn't add up to me. [/quote]
Me neither. I doubt they were full blooded apbts (if they had any pit in them at all.)

Thats just... so...so, stupid! I mean like you all have said, why would anyone watch their dog being attacked ...unless they were in shock, but we know he wasnt because he took d*mn pictures! :evil:

Why would someone drop off their dogs to kill another dog? I dont get it. Unless they wanted theyre dogs to be PTS! :evil: There mightve been some sort of issues between these people maybe? Or maybe some sickos just wanted to watch a dog get torn up. :cry:

I feel bad for the Pei. Being bitten up for an hour and not dying... thats just awful. :( And no it doesnt make sense that the dog was still alive after an hour. :-? If a pit bull really wanted to kill a dog, it would be dead within minutes but its not like it was dog against dog, it was two to one. There is no chance those dogs were pit bulls at all unless they somehow possessed the human trait of being evil and enjoyed torturing other beings. :roll:

I think its safe to say that anyone who REALLY cared for their dog would risk their own life to save it. Based on that fact and Mutts' summary of the interview, I can pretty much say that either these people are in deep (and I mean DEEP) denial about their dog's death or they don't give a flying rat's @$$! But I'm pretty sure its answer choice B! :x

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='__crazy_canine__']If a pit bull really wanted to kill a dog, it would be dead within minutes but its not like it was dog against dog, it was two to one. There is no chance those dogs were pit bulls at all unless they somehow possessed the human trait of being evil and enjoyed torturing other beings. :roll: [/quote]

Cats play with their prey before killing it. I don't know that it's [i]evil[/i] just disturbing.

Anyway, as to whether or not they were Pit Bulls because the dog was still alive after an hour, when the guy called 911 "immediately," he said the dogs had already "killed" his dog (unless he made more than one 911 call and they played the second), although the pictures show the Pei still standing up. I honestly think he took pictures first, then called the police, since he managed to get a picture of the car that dropped the dogs off (yet police don't think the dogs were turned loose "on purpose"?).

So if he took pictures, then called 911 and reported his dog as "killed," the dog was probably down, bleeding to death. Just what I can make of this wholly screwed up story.

There has been no update on the news, and the newspaper chose not to pick it up. We may very well never know what happens next. I do know, however, that if the owners do not pick up their dogs, they will be euthanized, because Animal Control does not adopt out Pit Bulls or mixes therof.

Guest Mutts4Me

Oh, I know what you mean.

I was just saying I don't think that the Shar-pei was up and fighting the two dogs for an hour, or even a half an hour. I think, based on a choppy timeline, the Pei was down after about 10 minutes or so, dying.

And they may not be pits, I'm not saying if they are or they aren't, and I'm not going to go to AC and find out. If they aren't Pit Bulls, no one's going to actually admit to that, so we'll never know.

It's very disturbing and distressful to me, because Flint is such a Pit Bull-filled town. A lot are for immoral purposes, but just as many are pets; at the grooming salon, we probably have at least one a day come in for a bath, if not 6 or 7. And I haven't seen anything in the media suggesting or calling for a ban, but I'm very frightened everytime anything like this happens, because I can only assume that eventually, people are going to start looking to Ontario (an hour to the east of us)... And for a city overflowing with Pit Bulls, that's a lot of lives at stake.

I keep thinking about this and it just doesn't feel right. Something weird is going on here. I can't help but wonder if maybe the dogfight wasn't random. I mean by the descriptions you guys give of this guy and his lack of emotion. He took pictures and didn't do anything to save his dog, that proves what a jerk he is. I wonder if maye he didn't run his mouth to some stupid pit owner. Maybe some dumb idiot who owned a couple of pits, or whatever they really were, said his dogs were tougher than this guys pei. Maybe this guy said "my pei would rip your dogs apart." Maybe then the first guy dropped his dogs off in this guys yard to prove his stupid point.

Who knows? Just what I thought. Something is very fishy about this!!!!