Dogomania

ori pei

wrinkles

Where the hell are getting all this shit that shes against peta? she never said she was or wasn't against it!

ok having a dog that came from a responsible breeder and 1 that came from a shelter I can honaslty say that even pet store dogs deserve life heck the shelter Cinco came from had a whole room full of byb puppies that they rescued from the december cold and were nursing back to health. I think if Dahlila where to have health problems due to the breeding she came from it would have happened long b4 she turned 7 yrs old. Alot of people exchange #'s numbers with the breeder incase of questions but we didn't cuz we kept the vet she had the pups registered and everything was fine then and is now.

edited to say I only read page 1 so I was responding to what was written on that page.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='CincoandDahlilasgirl']
ok having a dog that came from a responsible breeder and 1 that came from a shelter I can honaslty say that even pet store dogs deserve life heck the shelter Cinco came from had a whole room full of byb puppies that they rescued from the december cold and were nursing back to health. I think if Dahlila where to have health problems due to the breeding she came from it would have happened long b4 she turned 7 yrs old. Alot of people exchange #'s numbers with the breeder incase of questions but we didn't cuz we kept the vet she had the pups registered and everything was fine then and is now.[/quote]

Isn't your dog a jack russel/shih-tzu mix? Sorry, she is NOT from a responsible breeder. No responsible breeder will breed mutts. She's just another backyard bred dog like the ori pei.

interesting topic i say just dont go in the pet store at all and you wont feel you need to "rescue" any of those dogs. i went in a pet store a while back to get some bones for jetta and there was a fleet of puppies. one ofcoarse cought my eye a sheltie im guessing almost 6-9mo old. he wasnt as small and "cute" as the baby pups. i dont know what his fate was but im sure it may have not been so great. what did i do? i left w/o even getting my bones. its sad to see. he was almsot too big for the cage he was in but there is nothing i can do. i mean i could have waited there for days to see if he was shipped back to his mill and follow and B%$#@ slap the breeder but that isnt going to do no good. just dont buy the puppy. when i was in high school i knew a guy that broke into a pet store and steal all the animals. it was a small pet store but a pet store none the less but they shut down. it wasnt the 1st time they had been broke into. im not saying thats how to stop pet stores i just find that an amusing story..lol

I went into a pet store a few weeks ago.
I also held a very cute bullmastiff puppy.
I hugged him and kissed him and talked to him, told him i was sorry he had to be here and that i would do my best to get such places shut down.

i then handed him back to the person and walked out.

I wanted to take him home, yes, but i knew that that would only keep the puppymills in business

[quote name='Lucky Chaos'][quote name='CincoandDahlilasgirl']
ok having a dog that came from a responsible breeder and 1 that came from a shelter I can honaslty say that even pet store dogs deserve life heck the shelter Cinco came from had a whole room full of byb puppies that they rescued from the december cold and were nursing back to health. I think if Dahlila where to have health problems due to the breeding she came from it would have happened long b4 she turned 7 yrs old. Alot of people exchange #'s numbers with the breeder incase of questions but we didn't cuz we kept the vet she had the pups registered and everything was fine then and is now.[/quote]

Isn't your dog a jack russel/shih-tzu mix? Sorry, she is NOT from a responsible breeder. No responsible breeder will breed mutts. She's just another backyard bred dog like the ori pei.[/quote]

If she's a byb then how come she never planned on breeding and planned for her dog to get spayed while she was away and the dog stayed at the vets office? O and they didn't relize she was prgenant until shortly b4 the procedure. As from what the vet told us just a few yrs ago Dahlilas mother got fixed and Dahlilas litter was 1st and last. Infact Blacky(my old dog) breeder was irresponible vuz all he said was that the pups were lab/terrier and theres different terriers like pits and staffy's. Atleast the lady Dahlila came from knew all the facts like what breed she was and she also met the dad and got info on his genetics. :roll:

[quote name='CincoandDahlilasgirl'][quote name='Lucky Chaos'][quote name='CincoandDahlilasgirl']

Isn't your dog a jack russel/shih-tzu mix? Sorry, she is NOT from a responsible breeder. No responsible breeder will breed mutts. She's just another backyard bred dog like the ori pei.[/quote]

If she's a byb then how come she never planned on breeding and planned for her dog to get spayed while she was away and the dog stayed at the vets office? O and they didn't relize she was prgenant until shortly b4 the procedure. As from what the vet told us just a few yrs ago Dahlilas mother got fixed and Dahlilas litter was 1st and last. Infact Blacky(my old dog) breeder was irresponible vuz all he said was that the pups were lab/terrier and theres different terriers like pits and staffy's. Atleast the lady Dahlila came from knew all the facts like what breed she was and she also met the dad and got info on his genetics. :roll:[/quote]

An accidental litter isn't a responsible breeder. Its an accident. If the breeder had purposly bred her, then yes she would have been a byb. A person can still be a byb and know about both parents and genetics. :roll:

[quote name='Lucky Chaos'][quote name='CincoandDahlilasgirl'][quote name='Lucky Chaos'][quote name='CincoandDahlilasgirl']

If she's a byb then how come she never planned on breeding and planned for her dog to get spayed while she was away and the dog stayed at the vets office? O and they didn't relize she was prgenant until shortly b4 the procedure. As from what the vet told us just a few yrs ago Dahlilas mother got fixed and Dahlilas litter was 1st and last. Infact Blacky(my old dog) breeder was irresponible vuz all he said was that the pups were lab/terrier and theres different terriers like pits and staffy's. Atleast the lady Dahlila came from knew all the facts like what breed she was and she also met the dad and got info on his genetics. :roll:[/quote]

An accidental litter isn't a responsible breeder. Its an accident. If the breeder had purposly bred her, then yes she would have been a byb. A person can still be a byb and know about both parents and genetics. :roll:[/quote]

She had no control over what happened though since she was on vacation. Thats just my opinion cuz I've seen and heard of some pretty bad mills and breeders. theres a mill around here that had cages sitting on top of heaters and the barn with the pups in it caught on fire cuz one of the heaters exploded. I wouldn't get my own dog from a breeder. Yes Dahlila is mine but she's the family dog and I was about 8 when we got her so I couldn't tell mom and dad where to go to get a dog at that time. Sorry if this sounds harsh I'm po'd about something that happened at home today.

Good idea, lets remember we are all friends here.
Even a responsible breeder can have an oops litter. Ya know, stuff happens. A RESPONSIBLE breeder then makes sure that each and every puppy from that oops litter is given the same consideration as pups from a carefully researched litter.
I know of a person I consider very responsible who had such an oops litter a couple of years ago, she's been breeding for 35 years and this was the first time it had come around to bite her. She was mortified. Said that would teach her to judge others for the very same thing.
Some females have silent heats, there is no indication at all that they are in season. My friend had no reason to suspect that her girl was even close to coming in season.
I have made MANY mistakes with my dogs, things I look back on and scratch my head at my stupidity. Does that make me irresponsible? For the rest of my life? Surely I was irresponsible for a moment, or naive or just hard headed. Overall, I think I'm fairly responsible and try to learn a bit from each knuckleheaded mistep I have taken.

well said Carol. I know a woman who has bred Golden retrievers for around 30 years and one of her bitches escaped. she knew the bitch was in heat and she injected her with Delvosteron as soon as she got her back to prevent anything. It wasn't successful and the bitch became pregnant with a lovely litter of Golden ret x rough collie courtesy of the dog living down the road :P I still think she is an ace breeder and she found good homes for all the puppies too. It was simply an accident and shouldn't have happened but dwelling on the "what ifs" is just a waste of time. You can't change the past afterall!

Another scene that has just sprang to mind was actually at Crufts. The Gundog group were collecting in the collecting ring and two handlers ( 1 with a weim and one with a Hungarian vizsla ) were chittering away. Meanwhile their dogs were getting frisky :lol: . It was an ironic place to happen and hopefully the vizsla bitch wasn't in season as that would be breaking the laws of dog showing, but its another example of where even the top handlers can sometimes have oopsies!