Dogomania

Celebrity Dogs

KookieSista18

I was watching some 'hollywood style' type show last week and they had a segment on about top 5 celebrity pets and who owns them.

Of course I sat down to watch and ridicule the program for promoting these dogs (I can't help it Im a cynic :oops: )

Anyway,the first 4 dogs were the maltese,Chihuahua,yorkie and toy poodle.And the whole time I was whinging to my sister about people buying these dogs on a whim after seeing this show and wanting to be like celebrity's.

But then I was plesently surprised when the number 1 dog was.........rescue dogs!It was really good,actually because the show ended up promoting saving a dog from a rescue :D .

It shut me up for a little bit :oops:

many celebrities not only own rescue dogs, but they volunteer a lot with the rescue oragnizations. there's a few stories i've read about it. i couldnt tell you the sites though. bad memory.
it's great though what some are doing. they're fame really helps to get the word out that many dogs are in need of a home.
these celebs who buy from bad breeders just need a good whack. but i can't condem celebs who buy from reputable breeders with good intentions.

I always get so happy when I hear about celeberties adopting. So many young people (and older people) look up to them and it's great advertisement when they rescue. :lol: Actually about a week or so ago I was volunteering and two of the stars of The OC came in to look at the animals, I don't think they adopted any but they were definitly interested in a pug mix. :D

[quote name='between the wrinkles']many celebrities not only own rescue dogs, but they volunteer a lot with the rescue oragnizations. there's a few stories i've read about it. i couldnt tell you the sites though. bad memory.
it's great though what some are doing. they're fame really helps to get the word out that many dogs are in need of a home.
these celebs who buy from bad breeders just need a good whack. but i can't condem celebs who buy from reputable breeders with good intentions.[/quote]
Cameron Diaz and Liv tyler... :wink: