Dogomania

"Silly" things you do for your dogs?

BuddysMom

OK this is a lighthearted thread to share the little things (or big things) we do for our dogs that maybe some "less doggy" people snicker about.

I'll start ... When I take Buddy driving on errands I always try to park facing the store entrance with a view unobstructed so he can easily watch me go in and come out.

Ok lets see...
1)Make a small burger for Carse
2)My dad n him go out every tuesday to 7-11 and get a hot dog for them each
3) Carse lost his bone yesterday so my dad went out right away and bought another for him :roll:
4) Let him sleep on the bed w/ us (some would think its weird)
5) Let him on the couches (same as above)

Thats about all i can think of right now...

Hmmm... I noticed the other day that Hunters shampoo cost almost $9.00, I kinda giggled to myself when I thought about how mine costs under $2.00... Its funny how Ill buy him stuff and not bat an eyelash at the cost, but when I shop for me it better be on sale darn it or I dont want it!

my bedroom is a wreck. There is a special pillow for the dogs (when they sleep on the bed), there are special "body pillows" on the floor, with sponge like bed toppers under them (nice and cushy)and blankets on top (nice and warm), the new kitten wants one. I have to find a place to put one for her, so she stops stealing the dogs. They also think they own the couch....

Laurel is sleeping on my bed right now. I keep telling her "you're NOT sleeping up here!!!!" but she does anyhow...

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oh man! Where do I begin? :lol:

I do all kinds of silly things for my dog. I arrange my schedule around his. I rarely go out in the evenings because I already feel guilty being gone all day. At the vet's, they're going to have to start filing our folder in a separate drawer just for us because it's getting so thick. I have only had him for 7 months and we have been to the vet's 15 times already-and that doesn't include neutering. I take him in for any bump, lump, cough, or anything unusual I see. I have a bed or pillows set up for him to sleep on in every room I go in. I bought those sun shade things to put in the car window. Oh my gosh I could go on and on...... :roll: :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Well let's see...during the summer, the people at Dairy Queen knew who Blitz was because on hot days I would go get myself an Oreo Blizzard and a regular vanilla child size soft serve for Blitz. I cook and bake treats for Blitz more often than most people do for themselves.

Actually everything what I do for my dogs seems normal for me :wink:
They eat better than I eat, they have a lot of accesories, while I don't have any new clothes :-? , when I do shopping I always buy something for them... It's normal, isn't it?
Some time ago my Mati saw a ball. It was behind the huge fence so I could do nothing - especially that it was during the day. Mati was standing there and looking at the ball and didn't want to go. So in the evening, when it was darker, I took my dogs for a walk. Of course we went straight for this ball/ I had to climb this fence that was twice or even more as I am (I'm not good at climbing :wink: ), jump down for this ball and then get back. Unfortunately, the ball was destroyed :( , but Mati didn't care :wink:

I suppose there much more things that I do for my dogs, just have to think about it.

Sheesh I'm sure there are a million things that I do that make non-dog people think i'm nuts.

-Zebra goes to the vet twice a year for check ups. Gets new hips that costs thousands. And I don't even have medical insurance,so I can't pay for any of my meds.
-I make sure he eats the best foods....that happen to be the most expensive. But I only eat on the go and if it's cheap.
-If Zeb takes the couch, I take the floor.
-Zebra has an expensive orthopedic pillow for his hips that he rips up ever 3 months or so, so I always need to buy him a new one. My bed is broken and I can feel the springs in my back when I sleep sometimes.
:roll:

Even when I get all numb from Cosmic falling asleep in my arms, (he's a 16kg cocker spaniel :o ) I try my darnest not to move... until bf comes along and I manage to (desperately) motion him over to [i]gently extract the sweet sleeping dog[/i] from my lap and place him on his bed. :oops:

How spoilt is that?!! :roll: :lol:

geez boy -- how much time y'all got?

our whole finished basement is a dedicated romper room complete with an old couch, agility equipment for rainy days, and tons of toys and snacks!

whenever we grill outside we throw something on for the dogs (like they care if their chicken is mesquite or not haha)

they get acupuncture and chiropractic treatment if needed

i think our food bill for dogs exceeds human food bill

my truck was purchased with their utmost comfort in mind

they are spoiled rotten :D

In our house, it's my husband who is... obsessive? :-?

For someone who always bitches and moans about how many dogs we have and, by golly, that's IT, not another one, he's the one who usually can't give them up and makes special arrangements for them.

Our dogs LOVE ice, so he not only feeds them ice, but he takes a spoon and breaks it up into tiny pieces for the smaller dogs. Not me. Here it is... have fun. :o

He gets up a half hour earlier every morning, work or not (5:00 am), so that he can get the dogs up and out the door and cook breakfast for us and THEM. He cooks enough eggs to share with them (I requested he stop giving them sausage). :-?

This is the same man who initially believed that dogs do NOT belong on furniture and, oh my, especially NOT the bed. Now, if a dog is in a chair, he'll find somewhere else to sit. Also, I can think of a couple of occasions where there were so many dogs on the bed, he couldn't sleep comfortably. Instead of making someone get down, he slept in the guest bedroom to keep from having to disturb them. Of course, he bitched about it, but still... I told him he should have made the dogs get down. No, he says... they were comfy. :-?

The bad dog owner I am, these are not things I'll do. I ain't getting up at 5am, I ain't giving up my chair and I sure ain't giving up my bed. I'm more than happy to share them and rearrange so we can all sit or lay comfortably, but I'm not sleeping in the guest bed to keep from disturbing a sleeping dog on MY bed. Fortunately, though, having a lot of dogs on the bed doesn't cramp me up, so it's not an issue for me.

I do take some of my dogs to work with me each day because they love to go. I also made sure I have extra keys so that I can leave the car running (a/c) and lock it up if I need to be out of it for more than a minute. I think my biggest sacrifice is probably going to be the engine I'm ruining by letting my car sit and idle so much. :-?