Dogomania

Scared me to near to death...

OK, so go out to the store for awhile, the dogs are home alone seeing as how my fiance is out of town with the baby. Well I get home and am getting my keys out to unlock the door when I take notice that there is no barking. I can see Zoey through the window hopping around like a maniac, but there's no sign of China anywhere- this isn't really terribley unusal so I didn't think too much about it and went inside.

I spent a few minutes talking to Zoey when I look into the kitchen and see China laying there, covered in- BLOOD! It's all over her head and muzzle, it's down the front of her and on her legs. Now panick is beginning to set in as I'm thinking about what- or who- she killed, and when I go over to her to see if she's alright...well it was paint. PAINT!

Well, I went over the rest of the house like it was a crime scene, apparently someone had managed to open a closet door (I'm suspecting Zoey), and once the door was ajar everything in the was fair game. The only missing items were a shoe, that I later found intact on the bedroom floor, and of course a tube of red paint, which I also found on the bedrrom floor laying in a smear of it's own pigment.

Now I'm afraid that China might now be deemed a 'vicious' animal, I haven't seen any evidence that the tube of paint would have provoked her in any way, and it certainly didn't stand a chance once she decided to attack. Oh well, I guess I'm glad that she isn't hurt (though I might send her to Hollywood to begin a career as a makeup artist). I do beleive I'll be spending the next couple of days getting the 'crime scene' out of the carpet before my fiance gets back home...

Heh, my very first thought when I saw her was that she'd killed Zoey (even though I was sitting there petting Zoey at the time), this was about as close to hysterical as I've ever come :oops: .

After I'd scrubbed the carpet with turpentine, I turned my attention to China. By this time however, the situation had finally become funny in my eyes. So before cleaning her up, I called someone over to help take some mug shots because my fiance will never believe that her sweet, well-behaved puppy could have done such a horrible thing.

And I've decided against capital punishment, instead China has been condemned to live the rest of her life with us. Which really is punishment, I'm certain that she thinks we're idiots.

OK, I went and took the pictures to the one-hour today. They're really not very good and I only three shots left on the roll to try to get a decent picture. It's kinda funny, last night I could've sworn there was at least three times as much paint, doesn't really look so bad now I've seen it again.

Oh well, now for the disclaimer *For anybody who hasn't read any of the above posts- THIS IS PAINT- not blood. There was no injury to any people or animals involved here, unless you count the loss of life of one tube of vermillion red. It will be missed dearly by us all*

Caught red-... errr, handed
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v149/JTI_77/Convicted01.jpg[/img]

The guilty pleading her case
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v149/JTI_77/Convicted02.jpg[/img]

I can see how if you looked at the dog that way and never dreamed it was paint you would be scared. It really does look like blood. You did a good job with suspense I was really frightened about what happened to your dogs. Your a good storyteller. I am glad you took pictures and extremely glad it was just red paint.