Dogomania

My murderously aggressive American Pit Bull Terriers

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='newfiemom']Because Primrose, you need to learn the art of tact. You definetely lack it. I think alot of people would be more willing to accept you if you weren't so...always in attack mode. I don't think I am the only one to see this either. Also, read more of this forum and you will see threads upon threads of what makes a responsible breeder. Also, I am sure you wouldn't want anyone talking trash about your mom. My mom is a saint in my eyes and I have learned much from her.[/quote]

Why would anybody "talk trash" about your mom if she breeds only champion, health screened, performance titled Newfoundlands? Why would you THINK they would "talk trash" about her?

And if you post about your mother as a "responsible breeder" don't you think that it is fair for people to ask what you mean by that? I would think that (given the fact that she only breeds champion, performance titled, health screened dogs) you would be EAGER to elaborate.

As for you giving me lectures about the "art of tact," is your calling me a "bitch" for asking a few mild questions asking you to explain what you meant in your post a good example of what you mean by "tact"?

primrose

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='primorse'][quote name='courtnek']

and I WISH my dogs would go down a slide with a bunch of kids. It looks like great fun. Dogs were meant to be with people, children especially. If they have been socialized well enough, and trained well enough, there are usually no mishaps. we are way too much of a "lawsuit society"...and the media has helped promote that beyond what I consider reasonable. When I was a kid, if I went down a slide with a dog and got scratched, I went home, put bactine on it and a bandage, and got lectured from mom about not doing stupid things. SHE wouldnt have sued the owner, **I** made the decision. I have never been bitten. but I have been scratched by peoples cats. Her response? "Stay away from the cat then..."

The legal justice system has contributed MIGHTILY to this bullshit. NO ONE should be allowed to sue for a scratch. My mom was bitten by a pekignese. She didnt sue the owner, she just made pre-arrangements to have the dog put away if she was coming by. She DIDNT like animals, but she knew that they were animals and other people liked to have them.

If the stupid frivolous lawsuits, like being scratched on a slide by a dog, were not allowed, then maybe some real thought could go into laws about people who own aggressive dogs and dont control them, dont train them. dont socialize them.

To me, it seems that everyone here appears to understand their dogs, and what they can do. Not all Pit's are aggressive, nor or Rotts, or Dobies, or Shepherds. Not all Goldens and Labs are nice. Dogs are individuals, like people. They should never be classified as "that kind of dog". That's what I personally have been fighting. I also will NEVER give the govt any more power than they already have. They already have WAY TOO MUCH as it is.

I own guns, Prim. Will I let the govt take them away? Never. I have never broken the law with them, they are kept safely locked seperate from the ammunition, and they are also trigger locked. Pit's are the same thing basically. People have a right to own them, providing they realize their potential and act and treat accordingly.

we cant allow the govt to decide what we can and cannot do, to insure their next election or stop the law-suiting idiots from taking control.[/quote]

Can you clarify your thoughts for me, Courtnek? Because you seem to be saying some kind of contradictory things. On the one hand, you are claiming that people are lawsuit crazy and prone to filing lawsuits for nothing. On the other, you are saying you wish that your dogs would go down slides with kids they don't know and whom you don't know.

Why? At the very least, you know that the PARENTS of those kids are irresponsible if they let their kids go down a slide with your dog (whom they DON'T KNOW). Why would you subject your dog to the possibility of the problems that irresponsible parents predictably could cause if some tiny thing (even a toenail scratch, as we discussed) went wrong?

And then there is the constant mantra of pit bull people to "punish the deed, not the breed." But, hey, punishing the deed is EXACTLY what civil lawsuits are about. Of course none of us want our dogs to be accused of biting people when they really didn't, but guess what? A LOT of people whose dogs actually DO bite other people find it convenient to deny that it happened, and we have courts to sort out (to the best of their ability, which may be imperfect) what really happened. Do you have a better alternative? Do you think we shouldn't "punish the deed" unless the owner agrees that his/her dog bit somebody? Or maybe we shouldn't "punish the deed" at all?

primrose

primrose[/quote]

no in this situation we shouldnt. Running down a slide is inherent with its own dangers, Parents should all know that. If there is a dog involved, parents should accept that too. If the dgo scrathes, so be it. Shit happens on a slide, with o9r without dogs involved. PEOPLE ANEED TO GET OVER THEIR LAWSUIT MENTALITIES!!! Kids get hurt on slides, with or without dogs. GET OVER IT!!

or dont let your kids play on slides. Doesnt kill them to get hurt once in a while. ITS PART OF GROWING UP!!

GET OVER IT!!!

Guest Anonymous

no in this situation we shouldnt. Running down a slide is inherent with its own dangers, Parents should all know that. If there is a dog involved, parents should accept that too. If the dgo scrathes, so be it. sh*t happens on a slide, with o9r without dogs involved. PEOPLE ANEED TO GET OVER THEIR LAWSUIT MENTALITIES!!! Kids get hurt on slides, with or without dogs. GET OVER IT!!

or dont let your kids play on slides. Doesnt kill them to get hurt once in a while. ITS PART OF GROWING UP!!

GET OVER IT!!![/quote]

I think you are still misunderstanding. It is a pretty undeniable FACT that the parents of the kids who let their kids go down slides with a dog THEY DIDN'T KNOW A THING ABOUT were irresponsible parents. Right? You can hardly be suggesting that it is okay for parents to let their children roughhouse with strange dogs just because the owner thinks it is okay, right? Shouldn't the parents, themselves know that the dog is completely safe before they let that happen? After all, we know so many dog owners are clueless and not responsible.

So since this is the case, The Sarah had absolutely irrefutable evidence that these parents were irresponsible and therefore untrustworthy people. Exactly the kind of people who might take a small scratch and blow it all out of proportion. So even assuming that The Sarah knew that no matter how many kids fell on poor Elmo's aging and aching joints, he would never snap ("he never did that before" is the constant refrain we hear from dog owners the first time they bite, but of course The Sarah is certain she is immune from that) she also knew (or should have known) that she was needlessly exposing him to potential liability.

Is a scratch every misidentified as a bite? All the time. You can get all irate about it and say that the civil justice system should work perfectly, and that people shouldn't file frivolous lawsuits, but guess what? Reality says that it doesn't work perfectly and people do file frivolous lawsuits. Responsible dog owners protect their dogs from irresponsible people.

Right?

primrose

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='__crazy_canine__']Primrose MUST you start things up here AGAIN?????

Ive tried to have a sense of humor about you like everyone else but I just cant... please leave dogo in peace so that we may once again be happy![/quote]

Gee...does the fact that I am posting on this thread mean that you can't be[b] happy[/b]? Why not? Isn't that a bit excessive? Have you tried just not reading the thread?

primrose

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='courtnek']

no in this situation we shouldnt. Running down a slide is inherent with its own dangers, Parents should all know that. If there is a dog involved, parents should accept that too. If the dgo scrathes, so be it. sh*t happens on a slide, with o9r without dogs involved. PEOPLE ANEED TO GET OVER THEIR LAWSUIT MENTALITIES!!! Kids get hurt on slides, with or without dogs. GET OVER IT!![/quote]

My son broke his finger in three different places going down a slide by himself! I was a bit amazed by it but some how he did it. Even the ER Doctor was scratching his head a bit because of it.

He still tells me he's going to take a saw and cut down the slide but I don't think he's going to sue anyone. :D

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='primorse']

I think you are still misunderstanding. It is a pretty undeniable FACT that the parents of the kids who let their kids go down slides with a dog THEY DIDN'T KNOW A THING ABOUT were irresponsible parents. Right? You can hardly be suggesting that it is okay for parents to let their children roughhouse with strange dogs just because the owner thinks it is okay, right? Shouldn't the parents, themselves know that the dog is completely safe before they let that happen? After all, we know so many dog owners are clueless and not responsible.

So since this is the case, The Sarah had absolutely irrefutable evidence that these parents were irresponsible and therefore untrustworthy people. Exactly the kind of people who might take a small scratch and blow it all out of proportion. So even assuming that The Sarah knew that no matter how many kids fell on poor Elmo's aging and aching joints, he would never snap ("he never did that before" is the constant refrain we hear from dog owners the first time they bite, but of course The Sarah is certain she is immune from that) she also knew (or should have known) that she was needlessly exposing him to potential liability.

Is a scratch every misidentified as a bite? All the time. You can get all irate about it and say that the civil justice system should work perfectly, and that people shouldn't file frivolous lawsuits, but guess what? Reality says that it doesn't work perfectly and people do file frivolous lawsuits. Responsible dog owners protect their dogs from irresponsible people.

Right?

primrose[/quote]

Boy you are busted in a lie (we all know you lied about the posts Primmy) so now you have to bring this crap up again.

Get over yourself and get on with your life!

Freakin DANG! She's like a [size=7]BOOGER![/size] Just sticks around no matter what... :lol: I guess that means she has about the same amount of brains. Heeeey... maybe she's even green too?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Newfiemom... how could you grace her with the title of bitch? :P You are giving her way too much credit. I feel sorry for female dogs everywhere. :cry: :( :cry: :(

I still smell $hit. :-? shoes are clean tho...and yes I know what yer thinkin primmy wimmy... already checked my pants.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='newfiemom']Like I said, read more because we have been over the responsible breeder issue a million times on this board. As for calling you what I did, sometimes you have to call a rose a rose and I think you deserved it.[/quote]

Well, gee, I'm sorry that the topic of responsible breeding is so boring to you. Maybe you shouldn't post about it if you find it boring and repetitive. However, since in this very thread we have a post by a person who within the last two years was giving money to a dog fighter for a dog because she didn't know any better, I just can't agree with you that there is no need to keep discussing it.

And, again, I think I will pass on taking lessons in tact from a person who when she is mildly and politely questioned about what she meant in a post, immediately calls me a "bitch."

primrose

[quote name='KP'][size=7]BOOGER![/size] [/quote]
[url]http://www.funsilly.com/booger.shtml[/url]

Disclaimer: I'm not jumping on the "let's kill Primrose" bandwagon. You just reminded me of one of my favorite silly songs. Since it's now stuck in my head thanks to you, I just thought I'd share. :P

[quote name='primorse...'] And, again, I think I will pass on taking lessons in tact from a person who when she is mildly and politely questioned about what she meant in a post, immediately calls me a "bitch." [/quote]

Yes... how dare you :lol: :lol: :lol: Bad girl... [size=7]BAD![/size]

(whack with the newspaper) :lol: :lol:

[quote]Then I guess she lives in a zoo or in Tasmania or has them illegally here in the States.[/quote]

Not in a zoo! That's way too dangerous because, according to Primmy, rampaging pit bulls are trapped in zoos on nearly a daily basis. Her friend the rhino keeper told her so. :roll:

As for Tasmania.... Aren't those Tasmanian Devils horribly, terribly, even MURDEROUSLY aggressive? :o Dangers abound.:(

[quote](whack with the newspaper) :lol: :lol: [/quote]

Disclaimer: That was a joke and no I would never really hit a dog with a newspaper. Although I might whack a big green [size=7]BOOGER!![/size]

[quote name='primorse...']My names Primrose? Primorse? Prime Roast... :D :D :D ([size=7]YES!!! [/size]I knew I'd figure it out eventually! :wink:) and I'm obsessed with stars.... :D :D :D See the stars?! *************************:D :D :D I love stars. ***********Stars are KEWL! **************They are my best friend. My only friend in the world. :( :( :( [/quote]

[quote name='primorse...']I love the pit bulls... Kill them all. I love them :D :D :D They should all die. :D :D :D They are the best breed ever!

You guys all suck but why don't you like me? :D :D :D

Well, off I go on another vacation. See you in two hours !!! Don't miss me while I"m gone :D :D :D :wink: [/quote]

I don't know if you caught it or not Primmy, since you are so caught up in your own hate, but this is a site for DOGLOVERS to discuss thier dogs. So why don't you ever share any cute stories about your pooches? Contrary to what you think, people aren't going to hunt you down and stalk you if you talk about them. All you seem to care about is arguing. I have never read any post of yours that wasn't hateful, why don't you just chill the heck out and share some cuteness? That is unless your dogs, learning from your example, aren't able to show love and cuteness. From what you have shown us, I would consider you nothing but a troll. You are here only to cause trouble, no matter how much you try to disguise it. Nothing that you post will ever impact anyone who has even a 1/4 of a brain.

Sidenote.......anyone know how to get a hold of "'Jimmy"?

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='K'][quote]Maybe (as I said before), nobody DID intentionally delete my posts. My guess is that somebody did (I note that K. stops just a WEE bit short of actually denying deleting my posts, but maybe that is just careless writing on K's part) because multiple posts by me disappeared shortly after being posted. My guess is one of the "monitors" (one who apparently doesn't share mei mei's admirable dislike of censorship) was on the board when I was and was just deleting them as I posted them. [/quote]

Please note how [b]I[/b], the careless one, can use a "quote" button correctly.. :roll: are you sure you were pressing the correct button to post?

Where to begin on this ?..well..I must apologise if my writing and simultaneous translation into English appears to you,and funnily enough only to you, as careless...I am doing my best I assure you..and If there were Moderators on the board at the same time as you... you would of been able to see them named...I sincerely doubt that anyone spends time here simply and solely to delete your "spew" though Primmy... :-?[/quote]

Well, I got a message each time that the posts (that just as quickly disappeared) had been successfully entered, so I don't think it was a case of just the careless use of the quote button (although I am certainly capable of doing things like that). Indeed, the first time it happened, I blamed myself, but when I reposted and the post disappeared again (and again), I figured out that something else was going on.

And I have to say that if you are a careful writer, and if you didn't delete any of my posts, I am wondering why you don't just write a simple and straightforward declarative sentence saying that you never deleted any of my posts. Nobody suggested anybody was spending time here "simply and solely" to delete my posts. No need to deny THAT.

But I am pretty sure that the culprit (if there was one, and I certainly can't prove that it wasn't just a computer glitch, as I have said multiple times) won't confess now, since it is obvious that the sentiment of the board is pretty anti-censorship, so let's drop it.

primrose

Okay, I've been trying to stay out of the inanity, but....

[quote]So even assuming that The Sarah knew that no matter how many kids fell on poor Elmo's aging and aching joints, he would never snap [/quote]

Aging and aching joints? :question: He was [i]four years old[/i]!

[quote]Well, I don't know whether I am the epitome of irresponsibility here. Let's find out. Everybody here who has a dog whom you purchased (other than from a rescue or a shelter), tell us exactly what the breeder did to warrant your giving them money and encouraging further breeding[/quote]

Let's see, every pit bull I have ever owned with the exception of Justice came from my dad's dogs. He was an APBT lover ( and owner) almost all of his life, all that I was around for any way & years before as well. He would occasionaly breed his dogs, maybe a litter every 4 or so years, IF he wanted a new dog. Justice was purchased, however the person I bought her from is NOT a breeder. He weight pulls with his dogs, all the dogs he pulls with have been health tested or come from health tested stock so as to NOT destroy his dogs joints, have them have a heart attack at a pull, what have you. He bred ONE litter of puppies for himself. My nephew was a freind of his, saw Justice & knew I would fall for her. He talked his friend into selling her to me ( he was going to keep her as he did 4 of the 6 puppies in the litter). I also have a health guarantee on her, in writing.

Oh and my dad passed away 12 years ago at the age of 70. I don't & never have spoken for him, any questions you may have about his breeding practices I have to say, sorry you missed your chance. You should be ashamed of yourself for questioning Newfie about her mom's breeding practices. YOUR parents allowed a 14 year old to breed a litter of puppies! What does that say about THEM????

[quote]I just require some title (on either end) for other people not to be per se considered irresponsible[/quote]

Not many of us here are concerned with what YOU consider responsible.

[quote]Next, is there anybody here who has owned dogs for any length of time who has NEVER had a loose dog, even for a few seconds?[/quote]

Of the 4 APBT that I have personally owned (not including dogs I grew up with) only Munkee has ever gotten loose. When he was young he liked to squeeze through the fence. I was always aware immedialty that he was out & would round him up. I fixed the fence & scolded him ( he HATES to make me upset) and he wouldn't tryi it again for a while. He got out maybe 3 times total and hasn't been out of his fence in about 4 years. Plus I moved to a different home & he cannot get out of my fence now. Justice has NEVER tried to get out of her fence. Even when my neighbors Chow mix was climbing the fence she never made a move to try it. Ruby & I lived in apartments, when I visited my parent's house she had a yard to play in but other than that she was on leash when outside, at all times, unless I had a fenced in section which at times I did, depending on where I lived. Booger lived in a condo with me that had a small enclosed yard, he never got out, he also lived in a house with me with a fenced in yard & he never got out of that either. When I open the front door to leave my house my dogs are either put in a sit-stay or they are in their bedrooms. There are MANY MANY loose dogs on my street and funny thing , not a ONE is a pit bull, makes you wonder who the responsible owners in my neighborhood really are

[quote]My third dog ([b]as you obviously know, since you seem to keep rather creepily close tabs on everything I have ever written[/b]) came from a responsible breeder who has been in my breed (and, no, I won't tell you what breed it is, since...um, you are a bit too interested in me, what with saving posts of mine from YEARS ago and stuff) for years, and has had many outstanding dogs, both in conformation and performance.
[/quote]

Pot calling the kettle black there, ey?

[quote]your old pal, pitbullEmily [/quote]

Emily!! Glad to see you!.

[quote]Kids get hurt on slides, with or without dogs. GET OVER IT!!
[/quote]

My brother fell off a slide YEARS ago & busted his head wide open, not a dog in sight.

OH, one more thing, for a while Animal Planet was airing a commercial showing an agility trial, this lady was running beside her dog when all of a sudden she falls tumbling down the course while her dog continues on his way. Was that you?? Just curious.

Debby

[quote]So even assuming that The Sarah knew that no matter how many kids fell on poor Elmo's aging and aching joints, he would never snap [/quote]

Really, primORSE, where do you get this stuff? Maybe your wombat is prematurely aged (does repeated zappings with a shock collar age dogs?) but I'm sure Elmo is not that creaky yet.

Who told you he was aged and aching?? One of the voices in your head? :drinking:

Dog lover, lmao at the wombat lover parking sign. Primrose there are a million threads that discuss responsible breeders, and what constitutes a responsible breeder.
Cant you just go away and annoy other people instead of just going round and round in circles here? Have you ever posted on a thread about anything except to knock pitbulls, their owners, or the pictures they decide to post? If you dont want to post on threads about dog farts that is fine. I have yet to see a post where you congratulate someone for doing a good job for something. Your negativity here obviously has not gone unnoticed.
WE ALL KNOW THAT THE FUTURE OF THE AMERICAN PITBULL TERRIER IS NOT LOOKING GOOD. THERE HAVE BEEN A MILLION OTHER THREADS RANTING ABOUT IRRESPONSIBLE OWNERS, BREEDERS, DOG FIGHTERS, etc.
That being said, you have def. said some things I agree with. Unfortunately your sliver of intelligence gets lost within all of your nonsensical posts.

[quote name='primorse'][quote name='__crazy_canine__']Primrose MUST you start things up here AGAIN?????

Ive tried to have a sense of humor about you like everyone else but I just cant... please leave dogo in peace so that we may once again be happy![/quote]

Gee...does the fact that I am posting on this thread mean that you can't be[b] happy[/b]? Why not? Isn't that a bit excessive? Have you tried just not reading the thread?

primrose[/quote]

Not read the thread? Gee, but if I did that I would miss people making a fool out of you! 8)

And Prim, Im not going to answer your questions because I dont want to argue with you as some people chose to. I am simply showing you that you are annoying me so you have accomplished your job. Now go back to where you came from!

...BTW K, youre always so funny. :lol: