Dogomania

My murderously aggressive American Pit Bull Terriers

Guest Anonymous

I can't believe you people are still arguing..don't you have anything better to do after 29 pages of crap? You're like ranting grandmothers sitting around during tea time with nothing better to do... :agrue:

Obviously you all hate and disagree with each other..so what's the point of trying to convince each other of your beliefs/comments/rationale/whatever?!!!!

MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='pitbulletta']I can't believe you people are still arguing..don't you have anything better to do after 29 pages of crap? You're like ranting grandmothers sitting around during tea time with nothing better to do... :agrue:

Obviously you all hate and disagree with each other..so what's the point of trying to convince each other of your beliefs/comments/rationale/whatever?!!!!

MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!! :x[/quote]

If it bothers you so much why did you just add to it? It was 1/2 way down the page until YOU brought it back up.

Debby

Aw, man! Don't end this thread! I have been enjoying reading it every day!!! There has been a lot of good posts and a lot of hilarious ones, too!!! Plus, I learn something new every day... and I'm sure the others who read it are enjoying it all, too!!!

I was actually disappointed when the thread dropped down on the list.

Please, let it continue!!! It isn't all that bad.

:hand:

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='pitbullEmily']

When she happens to hit YOUR particular hotbutton, you'll find yourself unable to ignore her.

Really the only solution if you want peace on this board is to ban her.[/quote]

She has - multiple times on another board, but she is so predictable. At the end of it all - after all that messaging, she has the same few topics and the same few answers that NEVER EVER change. I never knew what she did on the wolf dog forum that's been referred to, but I imagine it's the same thing - just subsitute "wolf dog" for "Pitbull" I don't think anyone denies that the pitbull, as a breed, is in deep trouble but Primrose is deeply afflicted by severe tunnel vision that prevents her from seeing any other solutions but those that she herself proposes. Primrose enjoys a good agurment and a stimulating discussion - which she does indeed provide, and she does make some good points at times. However, she is more interested in arguement then she in helping Pitbulls (if she were, she wouldn't have all this time to spend typing on these varied forums). Without even knowing what breeds of dogs she works with - it is hard to take her opinions without a grain of salt. I'd have a lot more respect for her opinions if she were a pitbull owner herself.

Guest Anonymous

Cheeky...in hopes of some people finally having some SHAME and stopping themselves from arguing about pointless junk..that's why :P
gotta problem? too bad :)

I doubt any of us have anything to be ashamed about. I certainly don't. You got a problem with it? Stop reading the thread if it bothers you, TRUE pit bull owners & lovers (unlike people who take their pit bulls to dog parks and then want to argue the point with experienced owners) will defend the breed to the end. :roll:

Debby

Yes, that was a good post Passing Through, except for one part:

[quote]Primrose enjoys a good agurment and a stimulating discussion[/quote]

It's very difficult to have an intelligent discussion with someone who twists, misquotes, deliberately misinterperates and lies about the words of others. It's also hard to be rational with someone whose hatred and fear of a breed is so pathological that anyone who disagrees is labeled an "idiot", a"lunatic", or "unbelievably stupid." It's like trying to discuss something calmly with a rabid racist.

Her behavior is atrocious and that is why she was put on notice at Patty's Dog Park, and banned from every board she tried to join.

Oh, and she is full of crap too! :lol:

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='pLaurent']Yes, that was a good post Passing Through, except for one part:

[quote]Primrose enjoys a good agurment and a stimulating discussion[/quote]

It's very difficult to have an intelligent discussion with someone who twists, misquotes, deliberately misinterperates and lies about the words of others. It's also hard to be rational with someone whose hatred and fear of a breed is so pathological that anyone who disagrees is labeled an "idiot", a"lunatic", or "unbelievably stupid." It's like trying to discuss something calmly with a rabid racist.

Her behavior is atrocious and that is why she was put on notice at Patty's Dog Park, and banned from every board she tried to join.

Oh, and she is full of crap too! :lol:[/quote]

Yes - you are right about that, she is a master of distortion, taking things out of context and remembering everything you ever said....I love a good discussion, but, only with someone who is willing to listen as well as talk. Rabid is right....I guess she's going to run out of boards soon though.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='newfiemom']Primrose, please stop acting like a victim here. You are the one who started the whole responsible breeder issue in the first place.

Primrose said:

Well, I don't know whether I am the epitome of irresponsibility here. Let's find out. Everybody here who has a dog whom you purchased (other than from a rescue or a shelter), tell us exactly what the breeder did to warrant your giving them money and encouraging further breeding. My guess is that we won't hear from many pit bull people with answers to that question, because most of the ones who bought dogs know, in their heart of hearts, that the breeder wasn't quite up to snuff, responsibilitywise. Of course, there are a lot of irresponsible breeders in other breeds

So I replied:

Even thought mine are not pitbulls, I got my first two newfs from my mom who was a responsible breeder. They were from her last litter ever. I didn't pay a dime for them. They are both spayed and neutered as neither my mom or I wanted to have either one bred. My middle male and my youngest male I got from two breeders my mom highly recommended. They are purchased with limited registration so they are both neutered. I paid a good amount for the two of them but I couldn't have asked for two harder workers (water workers).

This is quoted from what you had to say:

So what, exactly, did your mom do to qualify as a "responsible breeder" in your book? And your comments about your two dogs that you purchased are interesting, because you are saying that they were responsibly bred because you like the way that they work.

The problem with evaluating the responsibility of a particular breeding retrospectively is that it is already done. This is not to say that your dogs were necessarily irresponsibly bred, just that saying that they turned out well doesn't make the breeding responsible. For a breeding to be responsible it has to be justifiable BEFORE the dogs breed, not in retrospect. So what, exactly, were the standards of the breeder of your dogs that made him/her responsible enough for you to give him/her "a good amount" of money?

You assumed that my dogs were irresponsibly bred before you even found out what I was about. This is where you could have looked back at the threads we have about responsible breeding. In fact, we have a sticky on responsible breeding. We have a debate about AKC standards and breeding, h*ll, we have several threads on breeding. Take the time to read before speaking. Knowledge is power.

Then when I gave my answer:

Boy, you are a b**ch aren't you?!? Let's see, my mom did all health testing and OFA certification, she also required this of all studs, she also did temperment testing. All of her breeding dogs had working and conformation titles. My mom was also not sway by the current trends that you see happening with newfs these days. She stuck to what was true and how the breed should look with good working coats and not the big pumpkin heads that you see today. ALL of my dogs are healthy and free from genetic disorders. My last two males came from kennels that followed the same practices as my mom. I have no complaints. I love being questioned by a psueodintellectual!

All of a sudden, you act as if you are victim in all of this:

Well, I am not sure what a "psueodintellectual" is (sorry, but it was too tempting to pass up), but you are a good example of how quickly people get defensive when discussing breeding practices. Why does my mildly asking you what, exactly your mother and the breeder of your other dogs did to be considered responsible make me a "bitch?" Wouldn't you WANT to say that they had championships and "working" titles on all breeding stock as well as being OFAed? Isn't it important to tell people that is what responsible breeders do, so they don't patronize the irresponsible ones? Why are you so defensive about it?

I believe I have a right to be defensive. I have followed your posts and have noticed one thing: you goad people into taking a defensive stance with you. This is where you do lack tact. You need to learn how to write things without sounding so snotty and as if you are talking down to people. Learn from this and maybe you could become a true contributing member of this forum...Then again, maybe I am giving you too much credit...a leopard never changes his spots.[/quote]

I don't know what I wrote that caused you to think I am "acting like a victim." I thought it was [b]curious[/b] that you immediately started calling me a "bitch", but I don't feel victimized by it. I figure most folks here are probably smart enough to recognize name calling and, if it affects them at all, to wonder about the name caller, not the name callee, as it were. As to the ones who think calling names is the height of cleverness in a discussion, I am pretty I can't persuade them to my side of many issues, and I probably don't want to.

But I am VERY curious about your assertion that I "assumed that [your] dogs were irresponsibly bred before [I] even found out what [you] were about." Huh? In fact what I explicitly SAID in my first post was

[b]"This is not to say that your dogs were necessarily irresponsibly bred..." [/b] Right? That's putting it in pretty plain English saying that I DIDN'T necessarily assume that your dogs were irresponsibly bred. My point in that paragraph was that the evidence you had thus far produced (that you liked the working ability of two of the dogs) wasn't good evidence that they WERE responsibly bred. I have two shelter rescues who both have obedience and agility titles. One is an excellent working (tracking) dog. Neither is remotely responsibly bred.

So, no, I don't quite get your immediate name calling and hostility. Can you QUOTE for me what I said that you claim shows that I "assumed" your dogs were irresponsibly bred? I ASKED THE QUESTION, and since your mother (and the kennel you purchased from) bred only champion, performance titled, health screened newfoundlands, I would think you would be happy to answer it with the kind of factual information that can help other puppy buyers.

Factual information beats name calling any day of the week. Really.

primrose

Guest Anonymous

Cheekymunkey...see..this is why I think you need to go to hell :)

I came into this forum because I love my dog...and I admitted I take her to a dog park..mind you this is like 4 weeks old and SOOOO dead..but since you bring it up again..yes I did take her to an offleash park...and I thought she was ok because I was trying to train her to be cooperative and behave properly with other dogs...

Alot of NICE AND FRIENDLY PEOPLE (definately not including you)...gave me useful links and books I should check out on pit bulls to make me realize that they do not belong in off leash parks..however..you were the only B I T C H that decided to throw a fit and tell me how immature, stupid and amateur I am when it comes to pit bulls...definately not encouraging when you want to educate someone on a certain issue...dumb ass...well I AM SO SORRY PIT BULL GODDESS...

And YES I was trying to get people to stop arguing on here...They take their hate to other posts and rant...ex: primrose and others...yes they take it to other posts that have nothing to do with this one and start freaking out on each other and saying "you're stupid" or "oh its you again"..personally I don't think any of us need that in here so yes I came out and said that this argument is absolutely stupid and useless....

And then you decided to start something else by saying that I'm adding to it and out of nowhere, that people who love their pit bulls don't take them to dog parks, specifically refering to me...I don't know where you are coming from, but you must be one of those people that is either really depressed about life and hates everybody, or is just a really annoying and b i t c h y person in general...anywho...good luck to you in life if you're not gonna change your attitude anytime soon :) YOU'LL need it!

:roll:

Guest Anonymous

Oh really???

And just who do you thing gave you these links to read??? Who'se name do you see on your thread providing link after link for you to read since you so obnoxiously refused to listen to the advice of EXPERIENCED pit bull owners. Who asked people on the thread to give you a break and let you learn? AND just in case you have forgotten what day is it, the date on your thread is [b]JUNE 21st 2004[/b], it is [b]NOW June 24, 2004[/b]. Don't know what planet YOU are from but on earth that would only be 3 - 24 hour days. 4 weeks would be 28-24 hour days. Big differnece there. Here is the link for you, in case you can't look it up for yourself. Moron

[url]http://forum.dogomania.com/viewtopic.php?p=169066&highlight=#169066[/url]

YOU posted on MY thread ONLY to bitch about it. YOU moved it p from 1/2 way down the page to top of the page. You did it, had you kept your big mouth SHUT it may have fallen off of the page. As it is we are "arguing" on ONE thread, not all of them as you seem to think we should be. Don't like the topic, close it & go on. No one here gives a damn what YOU think about anything.

You have NO idea what you are talking about, you even claim that pit bull owners DO NOT NEED BREAKING STICKS!!! Sure you may have been corrected but if you had any sense you would have kept your very unknowledagble mouth SHUT & possible learned something.

Hate everybody? No, I only hate MORON pit bull owners. You only know what I have told people on this board about myself. When & IF I need a CHILD"S view of my life I will be sure ot ask YOU about it.
Now, go away little girl big people are talking here.

Oh amd name calling?? So mature. I'll be sure to let K know what I think about it. Grow up & shut up.

Debby

Oh and in case you are too stupid to figure it out, the above post is mine.
Oh and your cute little smilies?? Ya know that thing ya sit on? If there is room in there since you have you head crammed so far up it, stick them there too.

Ooops, MY BAD, wrong link, here is the correct one

[url]http://forum.dogomania.com/viewtopic.php?t=13338&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60[/url][url]

The date is June 10, 2004 STILL not 4 weeks.

Debby

[quote name='Dog Lover'][img]http://www.minibite.com/passion/images2/hottitle.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Intermission:
DL, isn't it you who likes Nelly? If so, click on "Snot In Here." Turn speakers up. Enjoy. 8)
[url]http://www.bobrivers.com/show/vault/alpha.asp?Var=S&Page=2&[/url]

Ok, back on topic. Pit Bulls... hey, what a dog, aye? 8)

[quote name='Horsefeathers!'][quote name='Dog Lover'][img]http://www.minibite.com/passion/images2/hottitle.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Intermission:
DL, isn't it you who likes Nelly? If so, click on "Snot In Here." Turn speakers up. Enjoy. 8)
[url]http://www.bobrivers.com/show/vault/alpha.asp?Var=S&Page=2&[/url]

Ok, back on topic. Pit Bulls... hey, what a dog, aye? 8)[/quote]

I LOVE that site & all the parodys! Too funny!

Debby

[quote name='pitbulletta']Cheekymunkey...see..this is why I think you need to go to h*** :)

I came into this forum because I love my dog...and I admitted I take her to a dog park..mind you this is like 4 weeks old and SOOOO dead..but since you bring it up again..yes I did take her to an offleash park...and I thought she was ok because I was trying to train her to be cooperative and behave properly with other dogs...

Alot of NICE AND FRIENDLY PEOPLE (definately not including you)...gave me useful links and books I should check out on pit bulls to make me realize that they do not belong in off leash parks..however..you were the only B I T C H that decided to throw a fit and tell me how immature, stupid and amateur I am when it comes to pit bulls...definately not encouraging when you want to educate someone on a certain issue...dumb a**...well I AM SO SORRY PIT BULL GODDESS...

And YES I was trying to get people to stop arguing on here...They take their hate to other posts and rant...ex: primrose and others...yes they take it to other posts that have nothing to do with this one and start freaking out on each other and saying "you're stupid" or "oh its you again"..personally I don't think any of us need that in here so yes I came out and said that this argument is absolutely stupid and useless....

And then you decided to start something else by saying that I'm adding to it and out of nowhere, that people who love their pit bulls don't take them to dog parks, specifically refering to me...I don't know where you are coming from, but you must be one of those people that is either really depressed about life and hates everybody, or is just a really annoying and b i t c h y person in general...anywho...good luck to you in life if you're not gonna change your attitude anytime soon :) YOU'LL need it!

:roll:[/quote]

Here are all of my "rude" posts to you on that thread:

[quote]cheekymunkee
Addicted

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:16 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
SO I don't know where you guys are getting this "she's rude" and "if she's biting" nonsense..I simply stated that I take my dog to offleash parks to teach her how to behave properly..and its working just fine... Code:

Today, what about tomorrow? How old is she? You will NEVER find a responsible pit bull owner in a dog park. If you don't think slamming another dog to the ground is not the start of a dog fight, you are very wrong. Is this your first pit bull? How well aquainted with the breed are you?

Debby

[/quote]

[quote]Here is one of many many articles you will find about pit bulls & dog parks.

[url]http://www.badrap.org/rescue/dogpark.cfm[/url]

Your dog may be friendly to other dogs now but what if that changes? What if she meets another dog that she doesn't like? Have you ever heard the saying "Never trust a pit bull not to fight"? It is NO joke. Why take the chance not only with YOUR dog but with everyone elses? You can socialize your dog all you want ON LEASH where you can better control the situation

Debby[/quote]

[quote]Quote:
And for all of you that think I am being irresponsible and ignorant for teaching my dog....I'd like to know how you all of a sudden became the pit bull experts....Sasha..that question is all yours to answer

Uh, the fact that I have been a pit bull owner for 46 years.

Oh & I do not consider myself to be an expert, just a very experienced & responsible owner

Debby
[/quote]

[quote]Did you read any of the links provided for you? I didn't see where any one called you any names. You really need to read up on the breed some more. The people who are posting to you & the people who wrote these articles KNOW what they are talking about. Whether or not you have had problems now is not the point. The point is why take the chance??? You have already had one problem, what is going to happen if another dog attacks yours & she kills it? She may not start the fight but she WILL end it. Do you at least carry a breack stick to the park with you?

Debby

cheekymunkee
Addicted

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:04 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oops, I see that you did read them, good for you. We are not trying to be rude, just trying to let you know that it really is not a good idea.

You can socialize your dog with others ON LEASH just about any where you want. Just be aware of her body language. At least on leash you have some sort of control over your dog.

Debby

[/quote]

[quote]This is a good site to learn more about Pit Bulls,

[url]http://www.realpitbull.com/[/url]

Here's another,

[url]http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.cfm[/url]

These dogs may be more work than your average canine but they are sooo worth every bit of extra trouble.

Debby[/quote]

[quote]No problem & glad to help!! I'm sorry if I came off as rude to you but I am very passionate about the breed. As is just about every APBT owner I know.

Debby
[/quote]

[quote]I think she IS listening & seems to be very willing to learn more about the breed. I thank her for that!

Debby[/quote]

[quote]Let's just let this drop. Sure, she made a mistake but thankfully no one had to pay the price for it. She is learning & is willing to learn. We ALL make mistakes, we ALL have done things & found out later it wasn't the best thing to do. Give the chick a break, she's learning.

One reason we are so protective of this breed is that when something happens that effects ONE bully, it effects us ALL.

Debby[/quote]

See, I DEFENDED you, that won't happen again, I see the people who were jumping your sh!t knew you better than I did.

Debby