Dogomania

morality problem...

Guest Anonymous

TDG ( and whomever else), I too, frequent a lot of message boards. Most of them are "subculture" related and a lot more aggro than dogo is. Pretty much anything goes on those boards. (Wow, was that the understatement of the year. :lol: ) The manner in which that I conduct myself on Dogo is drastically different, including switching my name to something that is appropriate for this sort of forum. (If you switch the first vowel in my name you'll have it.)

I read her posts inside and out and top to bottom before I commented. After I stopped shaking, I carefully, and ardously typed out my responses. ( Which I additionally ran by a couple people to see if I was out of line at all.) I kept any personal feelings I had about SRC from any other thread out of that discussion. I agree with what Kiwi wrote above in regards to the BYB bit, but didn't let it color any aspect of the posts I made in this thread. Like I already said, if it had been any other person posting it, my response would have been identical, "regular" or not. I inferred from what she had written that she indeed had seen the dog in the last couple of years. I perhaps got a bit heated in this discussion, but it IS a very heated topic. If I was out of line ( which I don't think I was) I certainly apologize.

I do admit that I thought that someone who worked/works for a vet tossing out the sort of suggestions that she was, ummm kind of fishy. She says she "wasn't" going to do them, but looking at the "it's not too hard to crush up some pills and put them in dog food" line, I do think she was considering that as a viable option. :-? Drug overdoses such as that are not painless or quick. There were a lot of seeming inconsistancies in her posts regarding this whole situation. I don't know, perhaps she lacked the means to adequetly express things?

I do everything I can for the animals in my area that I can. And I'm with HF in the "where there is a will there is a way". I really couldn't have said what she said in that paragraph and the one following it any better, so I won't even try.

So if I came off harsh, sorry folks, but it is a harsh situation and upsets me terribly.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What most annoyed me (and still does) is the fact that came up here once again. The fact that SRC said that her aunt loves her dog and tried to back her up in some places. And then the pill crushing etc. That allso ticked me off. One more thing made me actually really furious was the fact that what ever people suggested, SRC came up with something that made it impossible for her or her aunt to do.
The worst of them all (in my point of view) was the fact that the aunt (not SRC) couldn't take the dog in her brand new Caddilac ( :o ) because the dog smelled so bad!! I find two things wrong in just that sentence! First of all, if the aunt has enough money to buy a brand new Caddillac, she must have enough money to care for her dog! Secondly, if she would have taken care of her dog in the first place, the dog wouldn't smell!
And SRC said she's done everything she can, but in my eyes there's more that she could personally do. But I see that her aunt is the one to blame here!

Things I think her [u]aunt[/u] could do:
- Put a muzzle on a dog and wash it. After that putting a diaper on so that the dog wouldn't do any "accidents" while going to the vet. (this way the dog or the car wouldn't smell)
- Hire a car to take the dog to the vet.
- Call the local shelter to see if they could rehome the dog

There are just three things to start off with. What I ment with the post was that SRC could do these things OR if she couldn't then the aunt.

Things SRC could do:
- Call the police
- Call the nearest animal rescue organization
- Sue her aunt for animal neglect
- Try and talk to the aunt to give her the dog so she can either rehome it or take it to the vet.
- Try and make it clear to the aunt that what she is doing to that dog is illeagal.

I'm glad that SRC has tried to do the two last things and I congratulate for that, but I'm still thinking there's more to be done. Even if the police of the animal organization near her won't do anything about it, then there are higher powers she can contact by phone or by e-mail.

And I will not even touch the BYB thing, as I think it's morally and ethically wrong. I could go on foreve telling why it's wrong. And here I must say I do blame SRC for beeing a BYB.

I'm not just saying these things to be nasty, but because I care for the dogs. If I wouldn't have allergies I would probabely go and help with a rescue organization myself. And in a couple years or so, I'm going to start running my own hairless dog rescue here in Finland.

I do understand that in some parts of the world the authoraties don't really care for cruelty to animals, but there are higher parties to contact further away. The distance isn't the problem when it comes to animal neglect.

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='Horsefeathers!']. I don't think anyone blames SRC personally (then again, I said I didn't read every post), but I have to admit that I have a problem with people who try to justify cruelty. Right or wrong, that's my perception. [/quote]

I have plenty off issues with the situation, too, and I hope everyone understands I am just as mortified and furious about that poor, innocent dog just as much as everyone else. I too think the aunt is cruely incompentant and should never be allowed to have another animal ever again. And should even be prosecuted if there was someone willing to prosecute her for such gross neglect. But the impression I get is that no one is willing to prosecute, because where SRC is, how an animal is dealt with is "private business." So I believe SRC that calling the cops would be pointless.

I have no problem with people who think awful things about the aunt, either. But I feel that some people are very much blaming SRC, including the suggestion that she shouldn't be allowed to sleep in a warm bed at night because the dog (that is neither hers nor her fault) isn't. I feel that is uncalled for. Trying to make her feel guilty about something she just discovered and is trying to fix is just plain mean. She isn't ignoring it, she isn't figuring "well, it's so sick it's going to die soon anyway," she's trying to take action to shorten its misery asap. I think she's trying to help, and for that, she doesn't deserve the 6 pages of crap she's gotten.

I also think some things need to be dealt with. Figure out a way to bathe the dog. She deserves to go out with some dignity. Throw a blanket over her so that you can get ahold of her, then somehow secure her muzzle so that she can't bite. Then give the poor thing a bath. Whether she still stinks or not, deal with the drive to the vet because that hour that you'll have to be with her won't last forever, and the stench will eventually go away.

It's Saturday morning now, and I hope that the poor little dog is finally resting peacefully.

BTW, I agree with Kiwi in that I have issues with SRC and the whole BYB thing. I don't approve of it, either, and I think she's an irresponsible breeder (though I do believe that she loves and otherwise takes good care of her dogs). But I just think that each thread should be dealt with individually, especially if (as in this case) the thread in question doesn't directly involve the poster and their own dogs.

[quote name='Mutts4Me']
BTW, I agree with Kiwi in that I have issues with SRC and the whole BYB thing. I don't approve of it, either, and I think she's an irresponsible breeder (though I do believe that she loves and otherwise takes good care of her dogs). But I just think that each thread should be dealt with individually, especially if (as in this case) the thread in question doesn't directly involve the poster and their own dogs.[/quote]

well said :)

What has happened to that poor old dog???? Would like an update please.

Guest Anonymous

Okay, I never finished reading all of the posts here I'm sorry. I got to like page 4, and I promise I'll keep reading the rest later, but I have TONS of homework to get done and a dog to train the "tree method" :lol:

SOO, from what I've read this is quite the situtation :o But i don't think anyone's giving SRC enough slack here... While I don't condone this at ALL what has happend to this dog, it is NOT SRC's fault! It's not even her dog, and like she said she barely ever sees her aunt, never mind the DOG!! I know if I was her aunt and for WHATEVER reason let this abuse go on (I wouldn't, but I'm saying if I was her aunt) and a relitave of mine whom I never talk to suddenly started hasseling me about how I treat my dog whom I claim to love I'd be upset. Nevermind SRC's situtation! There ARE ways to solve it I agree with everyone here, but I also have been in very familure shoes. I live in a town where almost everyone thinks the same way about animals! My parents love animals but without my knowledge on how dogs need to be indoors with their "pack" we'd still have only outdoor dogs! I cant' drive because I am not licences and Our vet is an hour drive away and he's a COW DOCTOR!!! :o So a really GOOD vet is TWO hour drive away (sorry for useing time as distance, that's what happens when you live in a small town :lol: ) our SPCA is also two hours away, although we have a "pound" here which picks up strays in town. So I do know how frustrating it can be when you know a dog can use help but it seems almost impossble to get it! Anyone remember my Hazel? Because of her aggression (which people argue but she wasn't stuck on a chain until AFTER she became aggressive) she was stuck on a chain in the mud when I couldn't be with her outside. It took a LOT of work to convince my parents to bring her in, and i had to bath her and vacuum all the time and bla bla bla all that stuff but I did it. Where there's a will there's a way right? I tried to trian her best I could without any behaviorests around AT ALL, and did everything I could before i had to decide to have her PTS. Everyone prolly thought I was making up a lot of excuses then as well but I wasn't! I was telling the TRUTH of WHY so many things couldn't be done. I eventually DID get a LOT acomplished through shere determination.
The point of my story is that SRC probably CAN do something about this dog but it will take a LOT of work and there seems to be a LOT of blocks in her way! I agree with what everyone has said on here but I think a lot have been fairly harsh and cruel about it too...

Sorry if things have been resolved since page 4 :oops: :oops: I couldn't stand my two cents not being thrown in before i go do homework.

[quote name='HazelNutMeg']Okay, I never finished reading all of the posts here I'm sorry. I got to like page 4, and I promise I'll keep reading the rest later, but I have TONS of homework to get done and a dog to train the "tree method" :lol:

SOO, from what I've read this is quite the situtation :o But i don't think anyone's giving SRC enough slack here... While I don't condone this at ALL what has happend to this dog, it is NOT SRC's fault! It's not even her dog, and like she said she barely ever sees her aunt, never mind the DOG!! I know if I was her aunt and for WHATEVER reason let this abuse go on (I wouldn't, but I'm saying if I was her aunt) and a relitave of mine whom I never talk to suddenly started hasseling me about how I treat my dog whom I claim to love I'd be upset. Nevermind SRC's situtation! There ARE ways to solve it I agree with everyone here, but I also have been in very familure shoes. I live in a town where almost everyone thinks the same way about animals! My parents love animals but without my knowledge on how dogs need to be indoors with their "pack" we'd still have only outdoor dogs! I cant' drive because I am not licences and Our vet is an hour drive away and he's a COW DOCTOR!!! :o So a really GOOD vet is TWO hour drive away (sorry for useing time as distance, that's what happens when you live in a small town :lol: ) our SPCA is also two hours away, although we have a "pound" here which picks up strays in town. So I do know how frustrating it can be when you know a dog can use help but it seems almost impossble to get it! Anyone remember my Hazel? Because of her aggression (which people argue but she wasn't stuck on a chain until AFTER she became aggressive) she was stuck on a chain in the mud when I couldn't be with her outside. It took a LOT of work to convince my parents to bring her in, and i had to bath her and vacuum all the time and bla bla bla all that stuff but I did it. Where there's a will there's a way right? I tried to trian her best I could without any behaviorests around AT ALL, and did everything I could before i had to decide to have her PTS. Everyone prolly thought I was making up a lot of excuses then as well but I wasn't! I was telling the TRUTH of WHY so many things couldn't be done. I eventually DID get a LOT acomplished through shere determination.
The point of my story is that SRC probably CAN do something about this dog but it will take a LOT of work and there seems to be a LOT of blocks in her way! I agree with what everyone has said on here but I think a lot have been fairly harsh and cruel about it too...

Sorry if things have been resolved since page 4 :oops: :oops: I couldn't stand my two cents not being thrown in before i go do homework.[/quote]

Very well said, Shara ! :)

I just erased a very long, long post because I'd like to keep it short so members can read it and not get bored. :wink:

SRC is trying to help. Period. Although she is defending her Aunt (whom she must respect/love) I think it is in our right place to respect her love/respect for her Aunt. We can say that we don't agree with what she does, and I agree with all of you that she shouldn't be allowed to have another animal again.

She may come up with excuses, but do you think she would have posted on purpose just to come up with excuses? Well to me, not really. Maybe these excuses are true? She can't help living where she is, can she? She couldn't have helped getting into a car accident, could she?

I won't get into that. All I wanted to say is that saying SRC should not sleep in a warm bed at night is a bit uncalled for. She wants to HELP, not start anything. Also, saying she needs to slap herself is also a bit uncalled for.

I am NOT pointing fingers, I am NOT saying anything about anyone. I just couldn't help posting, it broke my heart (and y'all know I'm sensative :wink: ) when people said she shouldn't sleep in a warm bed.

I hope the poor dog is up in the rainbow bridge now, or a solution is found! :angel:

Guest Anonymous

Thank you Rowie.
I finally just now read the rest of the topic (only got one bit of my homework done :lol: I couldn't just sit by and not know how the rest of this topic went :roll: ).
I still stand by what I said though. It's sunday today, so I'm wondering what happend with the dog?

In the begining when I FIRST read this topic (and it was only a page... maybe a page and a half) I was totally agreeing with Hillside and couldn't BELEIVE all that and bla bla bla. But as I kept reading and saw more attacks on SRC's side I started to feel more sorry for her situation. And realized she is trying to fix it, and has only known about it for so long, as well as that she lives in a place a lot like good ol' Fort where I live :wink:

As for the BYB, I have no evidence of this and have not read any previous posts about this, although I'm a wee bit curious now! :o I will see if I can find the posts, but regardless of that, I think that topic should stay where it began and not be dragged into this one...

Guest Mutts4Me

I would like to know for sure that the dog is at peace now, too, but I must say that I wouldn't blame SRC if she never came back to give an update after the way some people treated her.

[quote name='HazelNutMeg']As for the BYB, I have no evidence of this and have not read any previous posts about this, although I'm a wee bit curious now! :o I will see if I can find the posts, but regardless of that, I think that topic should stay where it began and not be dragged into this one...[/quote]

I'm going to PM you a link, because I don't want it dragged into this thread.

I am so glad that PJ has got peace at last! She's in a far better place now and I'm very glad for her! I will light a candle for her tonight. :angel:

SRC: I have to apologize for everything I said. Things got very heated. My main consurn was PJ, please understand this.
I totally understand that you love your aunt and I respect you for doing so. I know I wouldn't be able to do that.
I'm very sorry for everything I said that might have offended you. I'm starting to think you aren't a troll after all. I'm very sorry for even thinking it.
I hope you accept my apology and that you stay on dogo.
I have to say, I don't remember when an argument became this heated. The crating thread mabye, but I think that thread doesn't even come close to this.

Nonetheless, I'm glad that PJ is safe now.