Dogomania

am i too young to help out at my local shelter?

delh1

At our shelter if u are under 13 u have to have an adult with u if u want to work with any of the animals. I don't know how it is at other shelters, but I imagine it's pretty much the same. Check with u're shelter, they usually love having kids/teens get involved with rescue. Good luck! :D

Guest Anonymous

have a birthday? :D

just joking the shelters in my area do have youngre people there, they are just limited to what they can do. i guess your gonna have to see what your state laws say, and the policy of the shelter.

good luck, i hope they let you we need more people that want to help.

I volunteer with a rescue group, and we have volunteers even younger than you! We don't have a building; the pets are fostered in our homes, and we hold weekly pet adoptions at local stores, like Pet Supplies Plus. The volunteers help play with the pets, groom them, walk the dogs, get them water and treates, etc.

If the shelter isn't interested, you may be able to find other groups in your area at [url]www.petfinder.org[/url]

Good luck! :D

There are plenty of rescues that will let you help but most likely not shelters. I am 13 too and I couldnt help out with a local shelter without my mom but then I found Straydog and I have been dedicated to them ever since. I will try to find a site that will help place you with a rescue if you want. ...Or you can do a search and find a website that has listings of places that want your help. Good luck on your search!

Hey! Welcome To The Forum Dehl..Thats FABULOUS that you wanna volunteer at a shelter :angel: maybe, since all are different (everyone is talking about diff ones and some u have to be 16,and some u can go wit a 'rent etc.) maybe u could also just pop in to ur local shelter, ask them..and then tell them that you are interested :D