Dogomania

Help!!!

Sharpeigirl

Oh dear, this is a complicated matter.

Did you tell her about how getting this new puppy when your dog is hurt upsets you? To me it's like saying, "I don't think she's going to make it" and that bothers me. Hopefully I mis-read that.

Now, where did she get the puppy? Is it possible to return it? Has it had all it's shots and come from a responsible breeder?

And more important.. Where's the pics??

Guest Anonymous

Cant you talk to Becky and tell you that is not what you wanted right now? and just tell her how you feel? it's not fair to anyone involved. she brought the puppy home with out talking to you??

I woul really sit down and talk to her about everything... i'm sure other people on here will have better answers then mine.. but when in doubt talk it out!

:o :o :o :o :o

Oh, I'm so sorry. Seems to me that the timing on this is very, very wrong, with everything that's going on with Sassy right now. I'm far from an expert, but I do know that my Oscar - happy, healthy, non-traumatized puppy, was upset enough when we brought the kitty home. And not really because she was a kitty, but because it changed his routine and he had to share his kingdom, I think.

Sorry, I guess that's not the advice you're looking for .... talk to her about how you're feeling about everything that's happened recently?

How's Sassy doing, by the way?

I've told her no, we don't need the hassle right now, Sassy has been through enough, and we still don't have her dog agression issue settled yet. She gave me the # to the breeder, I'm going to be calling here in a few minutes. We sat down yesterday & talked about it, and I made it really clear I didn't want another dog right now. We have to iron out some thing between us, I just can't believe she went against my wishes to do this :(

3ofakind, Becky is my life partner of 6 yrs. She means the world to me, but right now I'm pissed off :x

I have no experience to speak from, but I agree with everyone else and I cannot imagine that a new puppy in house is any good for Sassy. It seems that what she needs right now is a lot of love and affection and, more importantly, her home where she feels comfortable and can recoup in her "safe" enviroment. Her world has been pretty much thrown into disarray and she needs as much of her old life and home environment back as possible. A young puppy is like a tornado; not the kind of thing you want in the same house as a dog recovering from a serious accident.

Here's what you do: take a TON of pics of the puppy and post them; return the puppy; nurse Sassy and get her well; get the puppy back or get a new puppy; post more pics. Easy! :wink:

[quote]nurse Sassy and get her well; get the puppy back or get a new puppy; post more pics. Easy![/quote]

I'm not getting another dog, until I get Sassy's temperment under control, she is dog-aggersive, and she allready killed another dog I rescued. So I don't think it'd be wise to bring another dog home

Sharpei my friend....

Becky needs to understand that Sassy is aggressive, and bringing in another dog is not only dangerous for the other dog, but for her and you as well. People get bitten all the time for trying to break up a dog fight, whcih I am SURE she would try to do if it came to blows between the two.

I can understand her wanting her own dog, since Sassy is really yours, but it's not the best thing right now for Sassy, you or Becky. I am sure she would be completely heartbroken if Sassy hurt her pup. Can she try to understand that? Maybe if you explain it that way, without getting angry, she will understand better. Go softly...that makes it easier to take.

:angel:

The first thing I thought when I read this is, 'Has Becky totally lost her MIND!?!?!?". Especially after the issues Sassy has with other dogs.

IMO, Becky really has NO reason to be mad at you for putting the puppy in the basement. It is best for the puppy to be SAFE! Glad that the puppy is going back. It is the best thing for all involved.

How is Sassy doing otherwise??? Has she been eating better?