Dogomania

Max's Naked Leg..

behle

Max is very concerned about his naked leg full of stitches and a drainage tube as you can see here in this picture!
[img]http://brenda.myphotos.cc/shavedleg.jpg[/img]

Here is a blurry close-up of his incision and the tube. Yuck! Sorry it's so fuzzy; Mr. Max did not want me to snap this photo. I had just taken off the wrapping and he was feeling bad.. :(
[img]http://brenda.myphotos.cc/shavedknee.jpg[/img]

So, here's the scoop on Max's knee. It wasn't a torn ACL at all! He had a huge abcess that had encapsulated itself right beside the stifle joint but had not invaded it. The vet thinks he may have had something invasive like a thorn prick his leg deeply leaving a spot of infection that over time built up into this huge abcess or he thinks he may have had an old injury that somehow left debris in his leg and provided a source of infection once the leg became stressed from going up and down stairs for three weeks. :-? It took quite some time to clean it out according to the vet and there was a lot of debris in it. I wonder about that...

At any rate, I heaved a big sigh of relief about Max not needing a repair of his ligament. But I am truly puzzled about the abcess and wonder how long it had been festering. It ballooned in the space of one day like he had done damage to the joint. Now he has to finish out his course of Deramaxx, plus he is on two Cephalexin capsules three times a day...until they are gone, and there are one hundred capsules.

He has found a nice, quiet spot to lay down after a small bit of breakfast. I'm so glad to have him home. We have cancelled our trip to Greenfield Village over the fourth. We don't feel okay about leaving him under the circumstances... :(

I hope he is on a great recovery
usual the dog recover fast and it wil be runnig soon

greetz Edwin Hendriks :lol:

[url]www.thai-ridgeback.tk[/url] more than 190 pictures

[url=http://www.phpbb.com/][img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UwBlDuYY1RdNxXv8VNJBPi3uk87a!e5u18lsYjf4bqat99xJjZ!uUCvcBidl52!OiXj1WoZj2Rkj90Bq2wZza827!*Ln!wASbwkroJjDwHSVFSBXFXhSBZTPuUtYO4kE/SACHS.jpg[/img][/url]

Thank you everyone for your well-wishes for a quick recovery! Max is snoozing away, very happy to be home.

Max is already spoiled rotten and after several more days of spoiling rotten treatment at home he will no doubt be totally disgusting... :D ....and totally pleased with himself! :o :roll: :wink:

:D :D :D [color=red][b]GREAT TO HEAR MAX IS ON THE MEND BEHLE [/b][/color]:D :D :D

Tell him he must take all the time he needs to recover, :angel: and don't let him start chasing the [color=red][b]GIRLS[/b][/color] too early. :oops:

:multi: :multi: But watch out when he does, with his leg better there will be no stopping him. :multi: :multi:

[quote name='behle']Max is already spoiled rotten and after several more days of spoiling rotten treatment at home he will no doubt be totally disgusting... :D ....and totally pleased with himself! :o :roll: :wink:[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: A little extra spoiling never hurts :lol:

hey behle- i hope he gets better fast! he looks so embarassed about his leg, his hair will be back before he knows it. he, at least he has nice muscular legs to strut around :) although i guess dogs might not think that way..........

A big [b]thanks [/b]everyone! :lol: Max is doing OK - been taking his pills well (doesn't hurt that they are wrapped in bits of meat or cheese :roll: ) - sleeping quite a bit - eating his meals when he is supposed to - and not bothering the incision too badly. So I'm happy. :D

Big brother Ben is slightly miffed. :-? I don't know why; he gets a treat when Max does! But he will get over it. :wink:

Marble - I think his leg looks funny....it reminds me of a leg of one of those old retired duffers who stroll around in the summer wearing walking shorts with black socks and their regular shoes; exposing lily white varicose-veined legs! :lol: