Dogomania

What do you do for your babies?

I'm guessing you mean things she likes, not cutting nails and cleaning ears :lol:
Well, sometimes I let her slobber all over my hands and face when I come home--that's how she likes to greet people (any and every people)--by giving big slopy kisses and taking your hand in her mouth. Now try to explain that to some people who're just convinced she's gonna just chew their hand off :roll:
And another thing I do for her--I offer my feet for her to sleep on (and let her get me out of bed every morning around 8-9 to move on the couch and sleep with her there for another hour or so)... Although, I must say, I like these things as muh as she does :P

I let Lily slobber on me as well, every body else thinks its gross, but I love her so much I don't see the problem in a little dog slobber all over my clothes when its making her so happy :angel:
I also let Lily sleep on my bed sometimes, even though she pushes me out which keeps me awake all night and burps and farts, as dogs do :wink:
Tessa can't sleep on my bed as she's incontenent, also because Lily wont let her. Tessa doesn't like sobbering on people so instead I have to roll around on the floor and act like a complete maniac before Tess will get excited.
I also take them both on picnics whenever I can, because they love that! :bday:

I have a group of friends with dogs that my babies love to play with...we have a wonderful trail in the woods we meet Sunday mornings for a great social walk...they really look forward to these walks...I let my Rottie & one Newf sleep with me at night...the other 2 Newf's sleep on my floor ,they do have their own doggie beds of course...big doggie beds!...(I have to keep a fan on constantly in my room & the window open)
I also massage my dogs (feet, legs and back)...I also take my dogs to work with me once a week on Saturdays (its a nice laid back day).

When I was living with BK properly (he lives at my dad's) I let him sleep in my bed and he LOVED that, he got used to it very quickly. :wink: I let him lick my hands because he seems to like it and I don't care either way, that's why soap was invented. :) He also likes being scratched on the place just where his tail joins his back, so much so that he'll stick his bum in my face so I can scratch it for him. :roll:

Dad lets Ruby lick his bellybutton (GROSS). He's sat on the couch and she pulls his shirt out and nudges it up with her nose then licks his bellybutton.

She also likes having her bottom scratched, as before, near the tail and she also sticks her bum in your face as if to say "DO IT NOW". Rosie also likes having her bottom scratched but she's not as pushy. I massage their heads, backs and legs. I've also just been crawling round like a madwoman on the bedroom floor playing hide and seek (LUNATIC), Rosie loves this, if you put your head between your arms she pushes her head down and bum up and snuggles her way in.

Rosie also likes to put your nose in her mouth, she doesn't bite. Dad bites her nose then she does his. She also likes to pinch his hat off his head when he comes in from work, or the gloves out of his pocket. He actually puts his hat on just so she can take if off.

WE'RE ALL MAD :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

My mums dog likes to lick her feet which makes me feel sick, luckily our two have never attempted that.

I have a friend who is buying a queen-sized bed (she has a single) so that her fat JRT can have more space!! :lol:

I cook Cosmic long elaborate meals on special days. :) He knows when it's for him because I use HIS cutting board and tell him what I'm preparing as I'm cooking :) - he'll sit/lie patiently as I chop/dice/mix and steam/boil/saute. The final 'ding' of the microwave (heating up water to moisten his puppy kibble - I serve both fresh & kibble together,) sends him into alert and he gets REAL impatient... but when I finally tell him "okay!!!" boy, he makes this happy, whining sounds and the look on his face... :D :D :D :D :D Floppy is excluded from this process since she lives at my bf's, so she just gets to eat it - not as special for her I guess. :P

We also massage Floppy and Cosmic and let them kiss (slobber!) us on the lips... ewwwwww!!!!!! :P

:D

Let's see! They get tucked in the beds with their blankets at night, they get their ears, belly's and backs scratched, of course lots and lots of kisses and hugs. The get to on adventures to the store, the park, camping at the big pond (lake), they get homemade brownies (made with carob) and lots of good stuff in their dinner. They have their own toybox with tons of toys.

O.k. I will just go ahead and admit that I have absolutely spoiled my babies rotten.

:angel:

I think this is fantastic! In the "real world" you guys don't know how hard it is for me to find people that love their animals as much as we do on this board. My friends think I'm nuts lol. When it's cold I tuck Elle in with her special blankie. She gets kisses and hugs and she sits on my lap while im on the PC sometimes. She has her own basket full of toys and she gets to sleep with me. And this is only love from me, she also has my mom and my cat shadow, who's her right hand man. I commend everyone on this site for their love of animals, it says a lot of the type of people you all are, and I wish there were more of us out there in the world 8)

Well, Freebee gets to sleep on the bed in the mornings, after I have gotten up and getting ready for work. She tends to be dominant so I dont let her sleep up there when I'm there.

She loves the tail back section scritched.

she gets belly rubs.

and yes, I let her lick my feet. My son thinks it's gross too, but she loves it and cries if you dont let her. She has to lick my face when I come home too. Actually, the foot licking feels really good, like a foot massage, and since I take showers at night instead of in the morning it's not an issue.
(my son, and everyone else in the neighborhood, shower in the morning
and there's never enough hot water and water pressure for my likes.
I have a shower massaging head, but you have to have good water pressure for it to work. And I like LONG HOT showers.....)

Ahh, my dog Misty used to sleep in my bed..
he would come right up to the side and scratch to wake me up, then I had to lift up the cover with my leg so that he could get in! He would never sleep on top of the covers it always had to be in! :roll:
He would come in muddy and wet sometimes from the garden if it had been raining, and because I was so sleepy I wouldn't notice until the morning when we got out, and the inside of my bed was covered with muddy paw prints!
Kodi sleeps on my bed occasionaly, but he usually gets too hot and sleeps downstairs.
I always get kisses from Kodi and Rio, but if you want a kiss from Ellie, you've got to lick her on the nose first! :-?
Ellie is really cuddly aswell, and I sometimes pick her up and put her on my lap while I'm on the computer, but that is hard cos I have to type with one hand! :lol:
As for farting, God don't even get me started..Kodi and Rio never stop.
it's because they're men.
If you sit in a room with them, with no tv or anything making a noise on, every few minutes you hear a puff of air, then you have to hold your nose for a few minutes, because they absolutely stink the place out! :x

Speaking of your dog sleeping in bed with you, I have a cute story:
when I was a child my older sister had a border collie mix, and I had a Shep/husky mix...we always had seperate twin beds on the floor....until one day my father decided to give us girls more room hed get us a bunk bed! since I was a chubby child, for my sisters safety they decided it would be best for her to sleep on the top bunk...this had her border collie mix totally stressed for the first couple of nights...my sister would have to pick her up (no easy chore for a girl her size) and heist her up...any way to make a long story short the dog watched our cat one day jump up on the night stand dresser and then jump up on the top bunk...she did the exact same thing...from that day forward that is how she was able to get up to the top bunk..it was so cute.

[quote name='snowpaws']it's because they're men.[/quote]
LOL, I like that one :lol:

Cassie, cute story :wink: Tessa used to do the same thing when I had a bunk bed, she'd jump on my toy box and up onto top bunk... clever dog :angel:

Oh and Bubblezzz, I don't think your friend buying a queen size bed will help her situation much. I have a queen size and have to wake up multiple times every night, get out of bed, walk around to the other side, get in and try to make it warm all because no matter what side I'm on Lily decides she wants it and pushes me out!!! Ah its a tough life living with dogs, but what would we do without 'em eh?

Oh and by the way, Tessa does the bum thing too, only she doesn't only do it to people, she also does it to dogs. Mum thinks she's a hussy!!!! :o

Ahahaha!! I TOTALLY agree with you Snowpaws!!! :wink: Don't men just seem to have stinkier farts??!!! :wink:

Ohhhh... Aurora, I think it's already too late!!! :lol: Last I spoke to her, she was talking about going to place a down-payment!!! Oh well, maybe her doggie will be nice and share!! :D

Just learnt from Cosmic's breeders (husband & wife own Cosmic's parents) today:
The husband sleeps with his arms around their male cocker spaniel - they literally HUG sleeping!!!!!! :sleep2: :sleep: Where this leaves his wife I dunno & didn't really want to ask!!! :grins: She has to be ok with it I suppose, since this happens EVERYNIGHT and the dog won't have it any other way!!!! :P Heeeheee!!! :D

Bronxie, I used to think that such people
[quote][/quote]
were going a little overboard too... :P I mean, tucking their dogs in at night??!! Now, Cosmic gets cuddled and kissed and crooned little lullabyes to... :P

well i admit to the gross foot licking thing!!! shaddow (my lurcher cross), and laylah (my new rottie), both whine at me until i let them give me a foot massage!!! :roll: (actually i know it sounds gros but i like it...lol).
I also give all four of my dogs massages and they absolutley love them, i too lrt them all cover me with slobbery kisses, give bellies a good scratch and on the chest`s too and all four of them really like the bit scratched where the back ends and the tail begins!! :roll:
My JRT called barney sleeps under the covers in my bed, shaddow sleeps with my middle daughter, joe my yorkie terrier sleeps on my sons bed or on myeldest daughters bed and the new comer to the family laylah doesn`t really like to sleep on the beds as she gets too hot but has claimed the comfy armchair in the lounge as her bed at night time with her blanket all snuggled up.
All four of them have a huge pile of toys which i can`t resist adding to every time i go shopping on a Tuesday! :roll:
Every day i take all four of them for an hour and a half long walk across fields and dykes (as we live in the countryside), and because we never see another living soul during this walk they all get to be let off the lead for the whole walk having fun playing in the the little rivers and getting all muddy and wet, and running free accross the fields...it`s lovley. Fortunatley they all have good re-call if need be. :D
one of shaddow`s favorite things is lovley big bubble bath`s, he`s always stealing mine :roll: , so now he has one of his own when he feels like it :lol: They all adore being brushed, but shaddow lets me know if i`ve forgotten as he brings me the brush to remind me :lol:
Theyalso get special little dinners of their own that i make them as well as their usual, and last but not least they get tons of hugs, kissess, cuddles and love. :iloveyou:

[quote name='Bubblezzz']Just learnt from Cosmic's breeders (husband & wife own Cosmic's parents) today:
The husband sleeps with his arms around their male cocker spaniel - they literally HUG sleeping!!!!!! :sleep2: :sleep: [/quote]

Yeah, I have a habit of ending up like that when Lilys not pushing me out of bed... the number of times I'd woken up to a Boxer head on my pillow next to mine, unable to move because my arms are around her and hers tightly around me is riddiculous!!!! Yes! She actually wraps her paws around me and HUGS me!!!! Its so sweet, its a habit she picked up as a puppy and its just the sweetest thing.... the other night when I woke up and we were lying like this and her head was next to mine I wasn't too impressed with her breath but literally couldn't roll over because she was hugging me that tightly and I didn't want to wake her up!!!
:lol:

Maggie just loved the "right behind the tail" scritch. She would actually bob her rear half up and down to help you out. Tummy rubs were another thing. If you stopped, and she wasn't ready, she would lift her head up and growl at you until you moved your hand back.

Whenever I was home, she would sleep with me... the rest of the time, with my father. He has a special chair that he reads in before bed, and while reading, Maggie would sprawl out all over the bed. When he finished and was ready to climb in, he would say "I'm sorry, Maggie, but it's time for me to go to bed", and she would get up, move into the corner opposite the side that he slept on, and curl up.

And I agree... foot massages would probably be considered gross by anyone else, but they feel so good - warm and with that nice "roughish tongue" aspect.

I take my boys with me everywhere. They love to go to "Grandmas House". My poodle sleeps with me. My border collie has the place to himself at night. Dont wanna sleep with him anyways since all he does his pant and shake the bed :o

I buy them hamburgers at McDonalds or wherever. I buy them doggy ice cream in hot weather. They get presents at holidays and birthdays. They each have their own stocking for Christmas and my border collie always looks at it when you say- did Santa come yet? :santagrin:

Sassy and Maisy sleep under the covers with me and hubby. Hubby doesn't want them on his side of the bed because he says he doesn't like to feel fur touch him when he sleeps :roll:
So , Sassy sleeps in the crook of my knees and Maisy sleeps up by my chest with her face in my neck. I think it's the most wonderful thing ever !! :angel:
Gretchen chooses to sleep on the floor , she's too big for the bed and she gets too warm. But she has a nice big comforter on the floor right next to my bedside. :wink:
We have a queen sized bed but I'd like a King !! :D
My girlzz get groomed weekly, they get lots of kissies and hugs, treats, they are never crated and have the run of our 3 story home.
In my eyes they are perfect. :wink: