Dogomania

new dog?

Okay everyone cross your paws for me......
The local shelter has a husky mix that I might be adopting this weekend:

[url]www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi...iew=&row=0[/url]

I haven't met her yet and I'm a little concerned about the howling with an apartment, but the last 2 dogs I tried to adopt were gone before I even met them (the 2nd was a pure bred shiba, drat ) I hope next time I post it will be cute stories about the new family member

Pretty does certainly live up to her name.....she`s so sweet. :iloveyou:
KEEPING all finger`s, toes, paws and tails crossed for you. :bluepaw:
good luck and let us know how it all goes. :kciuki:

Okay guys, going to the shelter, opens in about 1 hour....I am SO EXCITED! I hope she is there waiting for me, I have a feeling this was ment to be....I spotted her about 2 weeks ago, but this is the first opportunity I have had to go meet her, HOORAY :D

Whew, now that I got that out here are a few more details. She has gotten very little training, but today we already started establishing the alpha thing. I have got her sitting to be leashed, eat, etc. and she has this weird habbit of yowling while she is excited. She is a little hand and hug shy, so I wonder if the kids she lived with were a bit rough. I already have her rolling over and showing me her belly, so I'm working out the trust issues. The best news of all is that her best friend, according to her surrender sheet was a......CAT. I can't wait till all our pets are together again. I'm sure this time it will work out, she is extremely gentle, I already introduced her to my neighboor boys and she liked them alot. I spent about $100 bucks at the pet store on a nylabone (which she whined/howled like crazy for, I figured out when she starts that whining crap, if I turn my back she stops, so I'll get that nipped in the bud), food, new bed, etc. However, I tired to feed her after the walk and she got pretty excited, but when I put the food down, she sniffed, then tried to tip the bowl over and won't eat yet. I hope she likes the food cause in all my excitment I bought a 20# bag, I'm such a spaz. Her former owners fed her Kibbles-N-Bits, but I tried to upgrade to IAMS (I know not the best, but it's a start in the right direction). Anyway I'm totally pumped, she is going to be a GREAT dog.

[size=7][color=red]YIPEE!!!!!!!![/color][/size]
You got her! Yay for you!!!!!!!
What are you going to call her??
Aww I'm so happy for you, she sounds spoilt rotten, and hey, well done with training her so fast, sounds like shes gonna be a clever little thing!
Hope she gets on well with your other pets, she sounds like such a sweetie! :D :D :D
Good luck Science doc!
:Dog_run:

The boys and I are pleased as punch that you have found the perfect furkid! You have waited a long time and it sounds like it has paid off!

She looked adorable in her picture you had posted! :angel:

[size=6]CONGRATULATIONS![/size] :smilecolros: :smilecolros: