Dogomania

Supplement with Yogurt

Rosebud

:D

There seems to be some interest in giving your dog this treat. Here's some information on yogurt's health benefits and a link to some home-made recipes.

I starting giving my dogs yogurt when they were about 6 months old. They love it and I feel good about letting them have it.

Hope this helps anyone who is considering supplementing their furbabies diet with yogurt.

[url]http://www.uwashapet.com/yogurt.html[/url]

[url]http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/T045700.asp[/url]

[url]http://www.doggieconnection.com/recipe/frozen_peanut_butter_yogurt.html[/url]

:angel:

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='mydogroxy']i made those peanut butter/yogurt treats for roxy and they gave her the poops. :o[/quote]
Maybe you gave her too much and didn't give her time to get used to it? I think the best idea is to introduce it slowly.
I give my dogs yoghurt when we have some in the fridge on dog food making days. We make our own yoghurt, so it works out alot cheaper.

Guest Anonymous

My mom has a yogurt machine...
I'm not sure how she makes it exactlly... milk, then she does somethin with it! :lol:
I use to give a spoon full of it with Hazel's food every day, and plan on introducing it to Coal in his kibble (GOOD stuff, I can't handle that BARF anymore! :o ) soon.

[quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']Wow! Thanx Rosebud! :D :D :D

I want to introduce yogurt into Rowie's diet..how should I? Give her a bit at first then gradually add more and more? :-? How many times should I give her yogurt? At every meal? (She's a year and a bit BTW) :D Thanks! :D[/quote]

Give her a spoonful for a few days and make sure it agrees with her, then you can let her have some everyday.

My babies get it as dessert, they do fine on a cup serving, but I don't give them that much [u]every[/u] day.

[quote name='mydogroxy']i only gave her one! maybe she just needed to adjust to the yogurt, but after that mess, i'm not going to find out![/quote]

:-?

Was the peanut butter still real hot when you added the yogurt and if it was did it kinda bubble when you added it. I'm wondering if adding cold yogurt to hot peanut butter would cause the yogurt to spoil. I haven't tried that recipe it just sounded good, I don't think I'll melt the peanut butter in the microwave.

Let me know I'm really interested in what went wrong! Yogurt should not upset your dog's stomach, neither should peanut butter. The only other thing I can think of is allergies to either one or both.