Dogomania

losing my baby

ShadyLady

Just had the worst christmas ever found out my baby who is 14 months old has small lumpy kidneys they are not working anymore .The vet pumped him up on fluids and antibiotic so we could bring him home for a special weekend and tommorow he goes back to the vets to be put down then they are going to do a biopsy to find out if it is hereditory or congenital they wanted to do it before I put him down but I wont let him suffer anymore . Feeling very upset and probably wont be back for a couple of weeks its a bit painful to read about dogs at the moment :cry:

Guest Anonymous

Koolie, what can I say other than I truly am very sorry for you and for your pup. I lost a 7 mo. boxer pup to multiple myeloma a few years ago, and I can tell you that as hard as it is to lose an older dog to cancer, kidney disease oranything else, it is heartbreaking to watch a young dog deteriorate because they still so much want play and they just cannot do it. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Koolie, I am so terribly sorry you're having to go through this. When I lost a huge piece of my heart a few months ago, I was offered all kinds of support which helped immensely, but one thing stood out for me and seemed to ease my mind a little. The little dog I lost was a gazillion years old, but I had only known him for just over a year... similar to you. I know how much of an impact they can make in that short amount of time. The thing that helped me most was when someone told me, "Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened." I know that is so cliche and maybe I'm just a weirdo, but it really has helped me be able to remember my boy with more joy each day and less agony. I hope it can help you, too. Please know we are all thinking of you.