Dogomania

This is not good...

Mom wants to put tile everywhere in our house to replace the carpet. I asked her why, and she said so things would be easier to clean, like stains, vacumming cat litter, dog treats, that kind of thing.

I think its a good idea. Only one problem. Caeser is still learning how to act inside. He slips and slides on tile. He walks normally on carpet. How can I have him inside, if he will have trouble walking all the time? :cry:

I ripped up all the carpeting in my house and just put carpeting on one stairway going downstairs. Otherwise, my house is all either hardwood or vinyl, and cement downstairs. My dogs don't have any problem at all. Your dog will get used to it. Believe me, you won't miss the carpeting!

You could put non-slip rugs in the doorways so that he doesn't slide going in and out the door. But I don't think he'll have any problem.

You know maybe the reason Ceasar is so excited inside is because he isn't inside all the time? One of my friends had that problem with her dog (partially inside dog) and he'd go crazy inside. Once the dog was allowed inside all the time, it didn't see being inside as such a big deal and calmed down.

Don't worry about the tiles, though. You'll see it as a blessing, soon. Its much easier to clean messes and such. Maybe since Ceaser slips all the time, it'll teach him to walk slower on it and he'll calm down a bit. :wink:

I have hardwood, and cloth machine washable runners, that are held to the floor with thissticky backing stuff you can get at carpet stores. its like a rubber material, you lay it out and put the runner on top of it and it doesnt slide. my area rug and runners both have it. you just pull up the rugs ad throw them in the wash.

people with carpets and animals are insane! We have stone/tiles/wood through our house with carpet only on the stairs and landing. Far easier to keep clean and musch healthiser for the dogs as mites/fleas/icky things etc can't live as easily on hard wood than they can burrowed into carpet.