Dogomania

I've fallen in love...

Rowie-the-Pooh

...with Heidi!
I went to the BSPCA today, and I can't stop thinking about this beautiful puppy. There were plenty of beautiful older doggies, yes, but Heidi stole my heart. She was the first to welcome me when I went into the puppy pen, she took treats from my hand much more calmly than the other pups, and then proceeded to crawl into my lap! There were four puppies there. Bubbles, Sasha, Heidi, and Scruff. Scruff nipped me and drew blood ( :-? ), Sasha was way too nervous and timid, and Bubbles was sooo tiny! Heidi was lively, energetic, and had this sparkle to her eyes. Would you like to meet her and the other pups? :wink: [size=1]I know you want to[/size]
Okay first and foremost, Heidi.
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SAARAx4UVbWtIqW8st7jWPtm2*CKx0mQH9ps6FSCuscYfist2QSkuXfs8LoZutMlHB8WHMsOJYVj2aiXBZrOjib4OZBFD0lKMuuEw5TIstIvAAAAynKNAg/BSPCA!%20006.jpg?dc=4675499904364898386[/img]
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SAAPAxoUarStIqW8st7jWKVF4vvjOlayuOn8Rd7a2R46Xf2MBu45LtzRfHzoNyk*5tmxUcN2Cj3e3FZahNus2O*eydawj*ZtfhBzBk85pBg4AAAAynI5Ag/BSPCA!%20011.jpg?dc=4675499904672979571[/img]
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SACRAhwU37StIqW8st7jWDpLY7sN8N6KA0483E0*7vYZNkZzrg2MY23JpH6d5YCx2IqjWb347R*Sx2tRVPEfKXvmpFdKJ7AUvdEyfatQmSFAAAAAynIFAg/BSPCA!%20004.jpg?dc=4675499904354113246[/img]
Isn't she just a doll? :iloveyou:
Bubbles
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SAAcAyEUBratIqW8st7jWGHDkEP1blHWnGmx20X!gpSAx6Sdj2EChmnz!5CJBhPEjOrkqFXDIf9aGnHcWqol4!HxTHxeQi6mL35bKfpHl5A4AAAAynJyAg/BSPCA!%20009.jpg?dc=4675499907603621873[/img]
Scruff
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SABHAyAUy7WtIqW8st7jWIVBTSd7MKWGZYzzpUnHrSCNVRIQhTGd6j8f1EsiqYst!658XwGEFARU1h2AVX*vws6rNw0tlWTaf2cqqUslKD5LAAAAynJ6Ag/BSPCA!%20008.jpg?dc=4675499907591071024[/img]
All the pups together, Sasha is the biggest one:
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SAAmAyQUuratIqW8st7jWBlIkoBKHSj!O7xte0K6!7eUo2ZGxOxzETjWzt3Qe2nmOu1dNJEzka2tuyrZKPOqE7gRcw4goYpSl!LpcNItJrFDAAAAynKMAg/BSPCA!%20039.jpg?dc=4675499907952961787[/img]
The white one at the back just came back from a walk so I didn't catch her name...
And surprise! Ritzy the staffy!
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SAAPAyEUB7atIqW8st7jWEOxbOrTp2CuXUaJKOtwOJ2GXmaJtKa256tWWlP8TAFlCPiZBdX2gQreMfpHVpf9Cp1I0S05vWJtdSsY2N!UbG4zAAAAynI5Ag/BSPCA!%20018.jpg?dc=4675499907920897470[/img]
Sorry mods if this isn't the right place, you can move this if you like...

Enjoy. :D

I never asked any of mine how they felt about other dogs coming in. Kinda like The Brady Bunch, they knew "it was much more than a hunch... that this group must somehow form a family... that's the way we all became" The HF Bunch (la la la... remember the song?). They didn't have much choice but to put up with other dogs. :P

You know, if I send you a handful of my dogs, I'll concede and be outdone. You win! When would you like them? I'll line them up and let you choose. *snicker*

Rowie, Heidi is lovely. She looks just like this dog that wandered up in our yard several years ago and we used to leave food out just because she always acted like she was starving and was so thin. She stopped coming around and we found out later she was shot and killed. Apparently, a guy was hired by a landowner around here to ride this neighborhood and shoot any loose dogs. Same thing happened with a beautiful brindle Pit Bull we were kind of taking care of (girl just wandered up one day while I was mowing grass... I happened to look down and this dog was just following right along step for step as if it were a walk... we called her Sneakup). The guy would shoot loose dogs, even dogs in their own yards, and throw the bodies on a trailer and haul them off, like it was a hunt or garbage pickup or something.

The whole point is that Heidi looks just like one of those dogs. It makes me sad again just thinking about her.

Not trying to hijack the thread. Heidi is really lovely. Doesn't it make you wish you could save them all?

[quote name='Horsefeathers!']I never asked any of mine how they felt about other dogs coming in. Kinda like The Brady Bunch, they knew "it was much more than a hunch... that this group must somehow form a family... that's the way we all became" The HF Bunch (la la la... remember the song?). They didn't have much choice but to put up with other dogs. :P

You know, if I send you a handful of my dogs, I'll concede and be outdone. You win! When would you like them? I'll line them up and let you choose. *snicker*

Rowie, Heidi is lovely. She looks just like this dog that wandered up in our yard several years ago and we used to leave food out just because she always acted like she was starving and was so thin. She stopped coming around and we found out later she was shot and killed. Apparently, a guy was hired by a landowner around here to ride this neighborhood and shoot any loose dogs. Same thing happened with a beautiful brindle Pit Bull we were kind of taking care of (girl just wandered up one day while I was mowing grass... I happened to look down and this dog was just following right along step for step as if it were a walk... we called her Sneakup). The guy would shoot loose dogs, even dogs in their own yards, and throw the bodies on a trailer and haul them off, like it was a hunt or garbage pickup or something.

The whole point is that Heidi looks just like one of those dogs. It makes me sad again just thinking about her.

Not trying to hijack the thread. Heidi is really lovely. Doesn't it make you wish you could save them all?[/quote]
HF, that's horrible! I can't imagine shooting an innocent, sweet little puppy! And a Pit, too. I'm not surprised. :(
I wish I could save them all! I definately have the yard space, but mom is giving me a hard time just trying to adopt Heidi. Maybe after a couple of years, I could just build this huge palace just for the stray dogs over here...*sigh* One can dream...

[quote name='Rusty&Chip']What mix are they Rowie? Heidi almost looks exactly like Rusty and Chip's sister, just more furry. All those puppies are adorable![/quote]
I have no idea, R&C. But Heidi's face looks a lot like a Saluki's or any other sighthounds. Well thats the first thing I thought when I saw her face! What breed are your doggies? :D

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

[quote name='Rusty&Chip']My boys are Carolina Dogs, which are in the Sight Hound and Pariah Dog group in the UKC.[/quote]
Oh no wonder! I know Caroline Dogs and they look a alot like Heidi. But I doubt she is one or a mix because of where we live (no where NEAR the USA :lol:). She'll most probably be a Saluki mix or something of that sort since we have mostly Saluki's wandering around. :(

UPDATE: We're thinking very seriously of adopting Heidi! I will know the answer when my mom decides tomorrow morning. I won't be able to sleep tonight! :D