Dogomania

Anyone watching the Dog Show?

Guest Mutts4Me

Watched it...poodle won....big surprise...not.....

Dog shows make me sick these days, no offense to people who show, just that the dogs are ruined by show breeders :cry:
or maybe that is just AKC, i dunno, cause those are the only ones i have saw.
Except pit bull dog shows, god i love those
I feel so sorry for neo mastiffs now that they have been recognized by the AKC.

[quote name='AllAmericanPUP']Watched it...poodle won....big surprise...not.....

Dog shows make me sick these days, no offense to people who show, just that the dogs are ruined by show breeders :cry:
or maybe that is just AKC, i dunno, cause those are the only ones i have saw.
Except pit bull dog shows, god i love those
I feel so sorry for neo mastiffs now that they have been recognized by the AKC.[/quote]
I don't really follow dog shows I hate that they judge on looks rather then ability so forgive my ignorance but do they have shows for individual breeds. The only ones I have ever seen are the ones on Animal planet and that is all breeds. I do watch them because I love to see all the different breeds but I don't really take notice of who wins. To me the one that wins never looks any different to me then the others. [img]http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Dunno.gif[/img]

I agree witht he spoiler alert, but on the other hand, it seems that with the TOC, the poodle wins more often than anything else. I dont remember which show it was, but the Newfie won and I was extremely surprised. That may have been Crufts, though, I dont remember. I dont see the real big 'uns, like Newfies and Mastiffs win too often.

And I like Standard Poodles, but I cant stand the fru-fru cut. I prefer them natural, or better yet, somewhat shaved. Like HF's picture of Perry....that's a really pretty dog.

Guest Mutts4Me

Hey, AAP, no need to get snippy. It's just a matter of ettiquette that if you're going to tell the ending of something (be it a movie, book, game show, or dog show) that you give a *Spoiler Alert* warning so that those who haven't seen it yet will know not to look.

[quote name='__crazy_canine__']Hey was this a re-run of an old show or is it new? Ive seen the old ones but if this is new Im mad that I missed it! :([/quote]

It was the first time this one was shown on TV.

The Neo... I'm so appalled to see them with cropped ears, I really am.

Anyway, another small dog. I was so excited about the Boxer :)

The Shiba had a super-cute, alert little face, but I'm sure not as cute as yours :)

Kiwi, there was this segment about someone who keeps Mini Bull Terriers at a Bird place... a sanctuary, I think? It was pretty cool, and the dogs were just dolls :)

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='ESSlover']Whats this Neo were talking about? The Neopolean mastiff?[/quote]

Yeah. The Neapolitan Mastiff just recently got recognized by the AKC.

As for my comment, the ear cropping is nothing new, but I'd never seen one with cropped ears before.

Guest Mutts4Me

Yes, that was the one.

Here's one with natural ears:
[img]http://www.keesoneapolitanmastiffs.com/Tommyride.jpg[/img]
(A natural Neo can also be seen as Fang in the Harry Potter movies)

One with cropped ears:
[img]http://www.keesoneapolitanmastiffs.com/ThundermugPagliaccio004.jpg[/img]

Those two dogs are from the same kennel, I wonder how they decide who to crop and who to not?

yea, I gotta go with DO....I dont mind the look of cropped ears (although I personally would never do it. I'm a softy that way, nor would I dock a tail)
but on this particular dog, the ears look completely out of place. Itty bitty ears on a big, saggy head. To me, it looks like the ears are deformed....
a head that big, IMO, should have big ears to go with it. JMHO...

well cropped ears on a Dobie looks good. They never make the ears smaller than the general size of the head. But this dog looks...wrong....with those ears....

just me I guess....

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

When I went to the local show here, I went to watch my dad's friend's Am Staff in the ring. She took BOB. She hadn't even recieved her championship and beat out several specials. Whee!!

In regards to this show, I watched it at pizzaplace/bar that I go to a lot after I got off work this morning. The poodle that won has the same name as a good friend of mine that is the manager there ( though spelled differently.) All of us, employees and my self were HIGHLY amused by that. He is a rough tough guy metal guy that has dreadlocks, so pretty much the opposite from a toy WHITE poodle. He much more resembles a Puli.