Dogomania

Greenies

sarahmyjoy

Have yall given greenies before???
I had given some about a year ago the girls really liked them and all the stuff that you reg. hear about them. Any ways on to now.... I thought that I would get another bag for them and give them a few during the week. I gave them one 2 days ago and they ate them and enjoied them, then today I gave them one and a bit later maybe half hour or so I looked at Sarah and all round her eyes and just under them were all swolen up. I gave an allergy pill and about 2 hours later she looks normal, eyes like they are normally.
Has any one had reactions to these chews before>??

It was the right size for there size the 'regular 20-50 lb' name brand not an off brand of it or anything.... they had been put up in the kennels for atleast an hour before they got them cause I had just gotten off work and had to get cleaned up before I have anything to do with them. I dont want to pass anything to them from any of the dogs I had worked with during the day. Hubby had let them out before I got home and then put them back up. before I gave them the treat she looked normal.
the treat could have been a bit strong I kept smelling the minty flavor smell for a bit after they were finished.

My dog loves Greenies but has had allergic digestive reactions to them before. Our vet said that they basically turn in to paste in the digestive system, but most dogs are fine with them and have no problems. I have never heard of a reaction like your dog had though :(

You may try Breath-a-licious instead, they are supposed to be less allergenic than Greenies due to a different gluten/herbs being used.

:Dog_run:

Wow, Re-Run has had tons of greenies and never had a problem with them. I've also given greenies to some of his friends, none had a problem. I'll have to keep an eye on him from now on. I'll be ordering a new box in the next few weeks to see if a different batch causes problems.

Paula & Re-Run

I got a bag of reg size that is for the 20-50 lb aprox 14 in the bag and it was $13.
I didnt remember a strong smell on the ones I got a while back but this bag had a strong minty kinda smell. I havent given them anymore yet. Im waiting for a time that I will be home for a few hours so I can watch her and see if anything happens. Then again I may just give them to the shelter......
Thanks for all yalls info. :P