Dogomania

Montel Williams show on dangerous dogs

Airing tomorrow (Aug. 3) on Montel Williams is something about dangerous dogs. I have no idea if it's a repeat because I NEVER watch Montel since I'm usually working that time of day. Now that I'm laid up out of work for the next few weeks, I'll probably be watching a LOT of daytime tv (no soaps, though... I'd rather drive a sharp, sandy stick in my eye), so I'll make it my business to catch this show.

Just from the advertising blurbs I've seen on tv, they showed something about Rottweilers and I think a Pit(ish) and there was a blurb on a wolf/dog cross. I'm wondering if this is going to turn into a soapbox for BSL, but it should be interesting. Just a heads up for anyone interested in the whole "when pets go bad" thing. Check your local listings for when Montel airs in your area.

I just hope for once it could be about the owners irresponsiblity and not trying to say there are all these "bad" dogs out there. I am so sick to death of breed stereotyping. Yes dogs are bred for certain purposes but that doesn't mean that if you understand them and how they think you can't learn to deal with all problems that come up. Of course I am saying all this not knowing what the slant of the show is. So I will just button up until I find out for sure.

Guest Anonymous

I'm watching it now.

Did you know that Presa Carnio's are Vicious man eating dogs?

Well according to them they are NOT pets. (They said it in such a way to make it appear they never could be a pet).

They have been described at "Pit Bulls on Steriods". According to Montel himself the dogs who attacked Diane Whipple did not just attack they "ate Diane Whipple". They were not just attacking they were bitting and swallowing.

I'm taking notes as the show goes on. That's all I've gotten so far. Back from Commercial.

They did state that the dogs had been mishandled by the owners. Both given steriods and one of them was on Morphine.

They detailed what it took to go in the owners apartment and get the dogs but my son was making noise by sliding his dads chair around so I didn't hear it all.

Guest Anonymous

Commercial again...next segment is about a girl mauled by Rotts.

Between commercials they did say that Knoller only got 4 years (already is out) even though she was covicted by the jury of second degree murder. The judge only gave her Man Slaughter because a person couldn't/shouldn't (Don't remember which was said) be held responsible for the actions of the dog.

This looks like a repeat because when I checked his site (contact information to come) they said there was a poll but now there isn't.

[url]http://www.montelshow.com/show/todays.htm[/url]

Guest Anonymous

Another commercial.

This one is rather disturbing.

A girl 10 years old goes to a friends house to do something. Is there for about 2 hours before the friends mom goes to get the girls dad. Doesn't tell him anything is wrong just that she needs him. They get to the house where the girl is at. Dad opens the door sees a head of hair laying on the floor and then finds his daughter dead...the friends mother/owner of home (boyfriend owned the dog) NEVER CALLED 911! So the father had to run down the street to a bar and clal 911.

It seems that after the girls got there the mother told them to watch the dogs while she did something. The kids were left ALONE with the 6 dogs!

The owner of the home was sentenced to 18 months in Prison...her boyfriend 2 years!

No real negative breed information yet.

Next the 4 year old attacked by the wolf dog.

Okay so the mom thought the "wolf dog" was a Husky (She said it weighed 150 lbs!)

She allowed her 4 year old out side on her own because they lived on the dead end and there were no pit bulls or rotts in the area.

Wolf dog grabbed and shook her. Missed most of that one because of kids and lunch time.

OH next segement was announced with Montel saying "Up next The owner of 3 KILLER Pit Bulls"

Guest Anonymous

I thought it might be a repeat.

Well for the pit bull segement. It starts out with the woman from Hector, Arkansas explaining how the street is only a 1/2 mile long dead end with 3 hours. Her house had signs about no tresspassing and beware of dogs.

They were gone and came home around 5 to body parts all over the place. They got the dogs inside and called cops. The cops came, checked out dogs, no blood on front steps or in the house or on the dogs! She offered up the three dogs to be put to sleep.

10 months later cops come and arrest her and her husband for man slaughter. Husband got 3 years jail and 3 years suspended sentence, wife got 5 years probation because she is pregnant.

AJ won't stop screaming because he doesn't have 100% of my attention. So I hope someone else can fill in the end part.

ok, WHAT ELSE?? I was reading and reading?? Who else is watching?? I'm at work! Guess it might not do any good to write to them anyway, they really don't care what we say, just what gets ratings.
Presa's not pets - well, I'll agree they are not pets for everyone but as far as man eaters??
Oh no! Someone run find Kara!! Maybe she has already been eaten by Scoody?? Oh No! I wonder if she knew Jada was a man eater?? :drinking:

Not responsible - let's see , they are pumping them full of drugs and they are not responsible?? How does that work?? Some judges should never be on a bench or allowed to speak much less rule!!

With the whole wolf dog thing, this girl (4 years) and her brother went outside to play for the first time without their parents. A neighbor had a wolf dog who the mom said was hlaf wolf, half husky and half shepherd (three halves in there :lol: )

Apparently while the mom was making lunch, the attack started and then she went to check on them and her daughter was swinging around in the mouth of this dog. They said she looked like a ragdoll being swung around.

The girl had 3 1.2 feet of scars. She had to have 6 surgeries total and still needs at least 2 more.

Ill post more later...

To finish off the pit bull thing for Tammy, heres the rest of the story... not much just more of the womans opinion.

She said how she onwed the dogs for protection, thats why she got them. IMO, thats not a good reason to get a dog, you should also want it for companionship. She said her kids played with the pits and everything seemed fine.

She also said her life and her family's life was ruined by those dogs and she told everyone in the audience to never buy one of these dogs!

I dont think she was very responsible to have THREE pit bulls in one household in the first place, or have them loose on her property.

[quote name='sashagirl']She obviously knew nothing about the breed if she bought them for protection... [/quote]

Well if it was for protection against people then yeah I agree with you (because they are friendly with almost all people) but I guess I shouldve said protection against wolves and bears. They were on large land and I guess it was really rural so they didnt want wildlife near their land. :-?

Im just happy that they had an animal control officer on the show because at least she stuck up for people like us on Dogo and said that BSL is bad. YAY! So I guess thats better than Montel saying its good without any complaints so the people watching will think hes right. :roll:

The whole show was almost completely one-sided. The breeds they talked about are all vicious and shouldnt be owned by people! :evil: :roll: :evil:

Guest Anonymous

Thank you CC. I was able to hear some of it but not all of the end.

It angered me because what is the one thing I don't need? My husbands grandmother who has met Prissy and Ariel is okay with them. Thinks they are sweet dogs. Last thing I need is for her to hear that garbage and suddenly start to think that my dogs are killers!

I didn't watch it, but according to others who did, it is almost nothing but breed bashing. Naturally, everyone who watches it will be inclined to think that pressas, pitts, rotts, and wolfdogs are all horribly vicious killers. There was once a show I used to watch called "When Good Pets Go Bad", it was almost entirely full of pitt bull and rottie attacks. It makes me sick thinking of how many dogs must suffer because of what media hype does to their name.

~Seij