Dogomania

Some people deserve to be bitten

Something happened late this afternoon that still has me so angry, I could spit nails.

A little insight...

There's a new guy working in our clinic. To be totally blunt, I do not like him. Aside from my personal opinion that he's a white trash, big mouth, personal hygiene lacking, ill mannered redneck (who blows their nose on their hands and then wipes it on their jeans?? :-? ), he has no place working with dogs. They have him doing (half as*) baths and general cleaning. He's ALWAYS going on about how he doesn't put up with this or that from a dog and how ya gotta show 'em who's boss. He thinks the only way to handle dogs is to intimidate them into submission. Just yesterday, he was saying how he wished he could just f*ck 'em up sometimes because, by doG, he just isn't going to put up with any crap out of a dawg. Still, I haven't actually SEEN him do anything other than run his mouth. I think he's too rough, but then it's only a matter of personal opinion.

Today, a Cocker came through for a bath. It's a regular client of the clinic, but not one of my groom clients. Still, it's obvious that she is groomed very regularly by someone. She's a dog that one would assume is used to baths and being handled. She day boards there all the time and no one has ever seen her act up. This moron was bathing her today and the dog mysteriously got a nosebleed. Of course, he was alone with the dog when it happened. He said the dog slipped and hit her face on the tub. I don't believe it. That bastard did something to that dog; I know it! I haven't even mentioned the therapy dog that was there today for a bath that I feel Mr. Balls O'mighty handled too roughly. The dog was so frightened, he laid down and rolled over in the tub. A therapy dog!!

I tried telling Doc (the vet) last week that I had a bad feeling about this guy. Just his whole demeanor is disturbing. Sometimes Doc thinks I'm just opinionated and cynical (well, yeah, but still...). Yet [u]I'm[/u] always the bitch he asks for an opinion. Now I'm just fuming...

Anyway, I think the nosebleed incident today with that poor Cocker had Doc kind of shook up. Still, he can't prove the guy did anything wrong, though he certainly does suspect it. He said today that he will have a "strongly worded talk with him about this." Well, slap my *ss and call me Judy, but won't that just make this guy try harder not to get caught?

The absolute breaking point for me was late this afternoon as I was leaving. I had Perry, Pauly and Fifty outside in the fenced courtyard. I had already scooped poo and walked back inside for a minute to put something away. When I returned only a minute later, I watched through the door as this guy was taunting Pauly. Pauly had barked at him (it's what he does) and, of course, this guy had to turn around and buck up on Pauly to let him know who's boss and all. Well, some of you remember we had some issues with Pauly in the past about being a fear biter and aggressing back at any perceived threat. He's a wonderful dog... he just doesn't respond well to someone stomping at him and yelling and waving their hands menacingly. I watched the whole thing and when I started out there, he realized I'd been watching. He said, "I thought I wuz gonna haf to put sumfin on yo dawg." If you don't speak Southernese, the guy was basically saying he was getting ready to hit or kick Pauly. The more the guy aggressed at Pauly, the more Pauly bucked up at him. I probably saved this guy's butt because Pauly WILL bite if he feels physically threatened.

That was it. I'd had enough of this jackass. All the guy had to do was just walk through the gate. He didn't have to stand there and just antagonize Pauly. Oh, did I mention that the GATE WAS FREAKING OPEN?? So he stood in an open gate where Perry, Pauly, or crazy*ss Fifty could have dashed out. We're right on a major four lane highway. Geez, do you have to work hard to deliberately be so stupid?? I guess this means I can't leave my dogs unattended in the courtyard anymore, not even for a second, in case some fool leaves the gate open (never been a problem in 5 years). So I all but RAN back into the clinic after I raised h*ll with this guy and told Doc that something's going to have to change. I've been working there for 5 years and I mean this just as sure as I'm sitting here on my fat *ss... one of us has to go. That little punk or me. I can just see me stabbing him in the neck with an old pair of rusty scissors. That's when Doc said he'd have a strongly worded talk with him. Am I the only person on earth who feels that EVERY crisis can't be cured with diplomacy? I guess Doc's kind of in a spot... he can't very well fire the guy for no reason and as long as this sh*thead doesn't get caught, he is seemingly off the hook.

I am so p*ssed. We have worked so hard with Pauly and he is so trusting and docile. It just broke my heart like you wouldn't believe to see him get all defensive and scared and then aggressive because some young punk needed to feel like a man by bullying a d*mn Poodle. :evil:

Sorry so long. Just my rant. Doc said I should have let Pauly nail him. I agree that the guy deserved it, but I don't want all the work we've put into Pauly to just go all to h*ll. :x

OMG!!! I wouldve beaten him up! :evil: :evil: :evil: That guy sounds like a real asshole! Oooooo people make me so mad! You have to find a way to get him fired (just dont risk your own job for it). All those poor dogs, who knows what hes done to them all! And poor Pauly!!! I hate that, when people disturb a dogs life like that. :( You know you go through so much work after the dog has problems and all that can be destroyed in one moment! I hope that didnt leave longterm affects on Pauly or any of your other dogs.

Oh and thank God they didnt get out the gate!!! That wouldve been awful!!!!!! :cry:

:o Dear god, do you have my sympathy!
I would have ripped him a new one, and then let the dogs finish the job :evilbat: . Guy has no business working with animals, and certainly no right to mess with yours, they are YOUR property by law, period. Tell him if he touches them, you'll nail his arse for animal cruelty, his employment be dammed.

Courtnek, I did say some pretty colorful things :oops: . I'm actually not proud that I conducted myself in such an undignified manner, but, geez, I really don't like this guy, anyway. Among my tirade was an attack on his manhood... I asked him if it made him feel like a man to pick on a Poodle. I know it could have been any dog, but he's the type to consider a Standard Poodle a girly dog, so I just turned it around on him.

What really bugs me, too, is that now I can't help but worry when I leave my dogs in my studio alone, like when I'm taking client dogs up front, or I'm in another room. I have thoughts of him slipping back there when I'm not looking. I've actually been considering getting a lock for my door. It's a shame that in all these years, I've never had to lock my door. :-?

It still goes all over me... "put sumthin' on yo dawg." Boy, I'll beat you to sleep and then beat you for sleeping. *mutter* :x

That guy sucks. I hope your vet can find a good reason to fire him. :x I would think that the remarks supporting cruelty to animals would be enough...

[quote]Boy, I'll beat you to sleep and then beat you for sleeping.[/quote]

This did make me laugh though :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Reading your message, I was appalled to hear that this man is working with animals. Then you made me laugh with "slap my *ss and call me Judy." I love the southern sayings.
This man should not be working with animals. Maybe you could put up video cameras? That might be too expensive, so just pretend cameras? If he thinks a camera is watching, he won't hurt a dog.
And do your best to make his life miserable so he will quit.

Guest Anonymous

Whoa. That's an awful position for you to be in. :o I think you have every reason to be worried for your dogs - I can just imagine how he'd practically NEED to show YOU who's the man now. :o Besides pretend (or real) cameras, how about getting the support of your regular clients?

If your Doc. feels that his hands are tied, surely a complaint from a customer would bear some weight? What about the parents of the poor cocker and the therapy dog? ...Actually, were they told?

I would beat the hell outta any jerk who would treat my dogs like that! And for no good reason! :evil:

:x Seriously, someone needs to put Chlorine in to the Gene Pool.

I think 'Guest' is right...I would tell the clients, or let the clients know about him. Sounds like your boss dosn't care what you say but money speaks louder then words. And if he is going to loose money then he won't want the guy around.

Why did this moron get a job at a place where you work with dogs on a regular basis if he dosn't like dogs?

Well if worse comes to worse you can always "accidently" hit him with your car! :P

HF, I can really emphasize with you...we went through a simular experience with a kennel hand at the vet clinic I work at. We have our grooming shop under the vet clinic..simular to your set up (renting from the clinic) they usually hire kids from high school to be kennel hands...some times this makes me wonder, I would not trust half of these kids alone with my dogs...once they had 2 GSD's in for boarding...all the kennel kids were frightened of the dogs as they made alot of grumbles etc. when you came near their kennel...the dogs would not have gotten out at all for a pee & poop if it wasnt for us being there and taking them out...then we had to show a couple of the kids how to properly approach a dog :roll:
The clinic had hired a young guy before X-mas...this is when I first found Beau and left him at the grooming facility until I got some weight on him etc. so Beau was there all night for the month of December...when this kid was working it was the first time my boss actually locked the adjoining door from our shop to the main vet clinic...we all had a bad feeling about him, each dog in the vet clinic seemed to be given 5 seconds to pee & poop outside with this new boy and he dragged them on lead, even the ones which had had surgery...we timed him on a saturday morning...he got 20 dogs out within a 1/2 hour :o poor dogs. He was also a mean boy...but, we never saw him do any thing wrong...we only suspected. One day we caught him spraying the vets cockatoo's with a spray gun...this is in the winter, any small amount of a draft could have given the poor sqawky things pnemonia. We told the vet this and she told us she suspected he wasn't the best kennel hand either...but, until they caught him doing some thing wrong their hands were tied...you can't fire some one for unknown reasons...especially if they are fullfilling all their duties & the job needs to be filled....you have to do every thing to the letter and give a few warnings first so an employee can clean up their act....if they layed him off then they wouldn't be able to refill the position...
I think they finally caught him doing some thing wrong...I think it had to do with calling in sick too often :-? and they let him go. This is what you get some times for hiring cheap employees.
It's hard to prove that a fellow employee is mistreating the animals...accidents can happen very easily and even if you suspect some one has been hard handed with the animals...they are innocent until proven guilty. It's too bad your couldn't catch him on film doing a potentially harmful thing to a dog...or threatening a dog. I wish you the best, keep your dogs away from him...when out side keep them on lead and don't let them loose in the fenced in area....carry a water gun with you to spray the guy if you catch him coming near your dogs. Watch every thing he does...once his guard is down he will do some thing in front of you...why not, he doesnt think of you as a fellow employee...document every little misdeed he does and present it to your vet (Doc)...don't blow up at him...be civil...some times these low lifes can become aggressive towards people who challenge them. Keep your shop doors locked, and watch him...at least you are aware of what a problem this person is...the clinic is the one who will get a bad rep for mistreated dogs....not you...I imagine your shop is a seperate company just like our shop is....I know your concerned, but, let Doc take care of it in his own way...give him fuel for the fire...but, be diplomatic about it... :wink: sorry thats all I can offer...I can offer my condolences as well...this happens ALOT within the dog care business...I have seen ALOT of heavy handed people working with dogs...its very sad.

Well, sh*t in my junk bucket, Myrtle! I have proof that, if there's a God, He has a wicked sense of humor.

I found out today that this knobhead redneck is being bumped to a regular fulltime employee. He was supposed to be just temporary help, filling in for a girl who is out with her back. Apparently, the girl called and quit, so now this guy is taking her place. "Angry" is an understatement.

He is rather lazy and, well, stupid, so I'm hoping he'll just screw up and get fired (hopefully not at the expense of a dog or cat), or get tired of it and quit. He's not a person who's used to doing a lot of work. I will certainly have my eye on him. I'm just WAITING for him to do something wrong. The punk is just stupid enough to think it's impressive to walk around bragging about how he (mis)handles dogs. He's a regular tough guy (wannabe). His bravado will eventually be his downfall (at least I'm hoping it will).

[quote name='Mei-Mei']Hmmm...I don't know. I might have to 'see' this guy doing something inappropriate and report it to the vet. After all, it's your word against his, right? And you've been working there 5 years [b]and[/b] you are a responsible person. Say you reported that you 'saw' the asshole kick Pauly--maybe then he'd be out on his butt.

[size=2]I don't advocate lying but desperate times call for desperate measures[/size].[/quote]

Actually, I'd thought about the same thing :oops: . I do have a good bit of credibility with Doc, so I'm going to keep my integrity by being honest. However, at the first hint that something is wrong, I'm going to blab it. You don't know how tempting it would be to just "embellish" it a little. :-?

If worse comes to worst, I'll seriously consider packing up my business and moving it to my house. I simply cannot work with this guy longterm.