Dogomania

pitbull cartoon

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

[img]http://media.mnginteractive.com/media/paper36/keefe120303.jpg[/img]

[url]http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%257E161%257E1805350,00.html[/url]

Guest Mutts4Me

Everyone's a little bit touchy right now due to another poster who is posting story after story that seems to indicate her belief that pit bulls are inherently bad, evil, killer dogs and should be banned. So with all that stuff flying around, I think people may have been quick to jump to conclusions... :oops:

My conclusions, lol?

A. Give an explanation if you're posting somethiung controversial

B. Register a name, because most "trolls" post as "Guest," and with so many Guests running about, it's impossible to differentiate one from the other.

That said, I may write to the paper, and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Guest Mutts4Me

I think it's necessary to point out that this cartoon was likely inspired by a specific event, in which a woman's three pitbulls mauled someone to death on Sunday. The owner's dogs had previously attacked someone, although whether or not they are the same pitbulls is being questioned. Point being, the artist was attacking irresponsible owners more than he was APBTs, though his portrayal of them was rather viscous :-?

Two articles on that incident:

[url]http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%7E53%7E1801411,00.html?search=filter[/url]

[url]http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%7E53%7E1810106,00.html?search=filter[/url]

It's really sad. I don't know how many pit bulls that woman owns, but obviously she's totally irresponsible, if she's had human aggressive dogs and not done anything about it, not even making absolute sure that her dogs were restrained. I think I will still write a letter to the paper, but I won't be ripping that cartoonist's head off, because the basic point of his cartoon is right on. That woman's apathy killed one person and caused injury to others.

But it's also important to point out that APBTs are not genetically aggressive and fierce toward human beings, and so that's what I'll do.

I apologize Guest. Mutts4me was correct. I thought you were the other
guest who appears to be trying to stir up controversey over this very topic.

Please sign your posts with your name, or handle, so we can identify you. Or join.

While the cartoon did disturb me, it does in fact point out what can happen
when the owner is irresponsible and stupid. Although I did not like the "genetic" traits assigned to the Pit....I was all for the "traits" assigned to the owner. That is the cause of alot of these problems...

Guest Anonymous

[quote]I do not understand why people assume that Pit Bulls are vicious. [/quote]

Are you out of your mind or just stupid? 5 1/2 million people are injured each year by dogs. Hear the screams. The only solution is to hunt and eat the dogs. Find out how!!!

[url]www.wastedpress.com[/url]

[quote name='Anonymous'][quote]I do not understand why people assume that Pit Bulls are vicious. [/quote]

Are you out of your mind or just stupid? 5 1/2 million people are injured each year by dogs. Hear the screams. The only solution is to hunt and eat the dogs. Find out how!!!

[url]www.wastedpress.com[/url][/quote]
Oh, YOU, on the other hand, are smart :evilbat:
Satire is wonderful, don't get me wrong, except that, in order to work, it has to be funny and this isn't. That you may not like dogs and their owners is fine, but that you are trying to infringe on people's liberty to do anything with their money and time is just scary. Satire is supposed to work toward destroying constraints, and not inventing new ones.
That's all I had to say on the subject--you're free to call me names now.

Guest Anonymous

posts like this are why Guests should have to register.... would this individual have the cajones to put this crap up if they were going to be held liable?

i am done letting guests get to me.... its pointless to debate with a faceless, nameless anyone.

my 2 cents

Guest Anonymous

[quote]but that you are trying to infringe on people's liberty to do anything with their money and time is just scary[/quote]

I'm not infringing on your rights only when they interfer with mine. Keep your damm dogs home I don't care but when you take them everywhere with you, to the park, to the beach and everywhere people are thats when I see red. Try a Fifi Fricassee with some red wine.

Guest Anonymous

[quote]would this individual have the cajones to put this crap up if they were going to be held liable? [/quote]

Liable for what? What would I be liable for? Try some nice puppy pop-overs and calm down.

Guest Anonymous

FOR BEING A ******!
I dont like people like you. you dont have anything legit to say your just trying to piss people off. It seems like you one of those small minded people that gets behind the keyboard and makes themselves feel big by starting stuff. DO you feel good right now? knowing that the people i consider friends are irritated by your snide comments and air-headed remarks? knowing that you can post what you want when you want and there is noting we can do to stop you because you are a guest, and guest dont have to abide by any rules... i want to thank you. you are rigt now strengthening my position for mandatory registration.

it makes you look sad and pathetic. try actual conversation, let people get to know you as a person and respect you as an individual.

i think you would like that feeling a lot more.

Guest Anonymous

[quote]try actual conversation[/quote]
Thats whats different about these forums. You can be quoted unlike a conversation. Let me show you an example.
[quote]I dont like people like you.[/quote]
You don't know me at all and yet you have made up your mind about me.
[quote]you dont have anything legit to say[/quote]
I have done a lot of research about your dogs and it is very ligitimate. Do you deny that 5 1/2 million people get bit by dogs each year. Do you deny that 36 Billion dollars are spent on curs each year, on and on....
[quote]small minded people that gets behind the keyboard[/quote]
again you make assumptions.
[quote]you are rigt now strengthening my position for mandatory registration. [/quote]
Don't confuse me with facts my minds made up. We don't want an open forum because its for me and a few friends and we don't want any [size=7][color=red][b]new[/b][/color][/size] ideas.
[quote]knowing that you can post what you want when you want and there is noting we can do to stop you because you are a guest[/quote]
Lets limit free speech while we are at it.

Guest: The fact that you would come onto a forum that is obviously populated with people who love dogs and say the things you do is not indicitive of a person who wants to engage in thoughtful, logical conversation.

Isn't there a group of people out there who feel the way you do that you can talk to? I think you might find that conversation more stimulating.

If this is purely a promo for your book, I think you would have more success somewhere else. I don't mind humor or satire, but you are not really marketing it as such.

oh, NEW ideas?!! How come your "book" is a preposterous plagiarism of Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal"? You're lucky he's dead long ago, otherwise you'd have a plagiarism trial going on for sure!
As I said, your book can never work--Swift's satire is based on the element of shock: by suggesting gruesome solutions to the Irish problem he means to raise awareness in society about this problem. By suggesting horrible things, you are just expressing your hatred. Hence, no publishing house publishing your sorry excuse for a book, and you publishing it yourselves.

As to me keeping my dogs at home so as you never get to be bothered--I don't know why you'd assume that the beach or the park belongs to you (without dogs) anymore than to me (with dogs).

that's it, I'm really done with you because you don't have any new ideas, just hatred.