Dogomania

I can't believe this!

This is a quote from her "Caring For Your Dog" page.

>>"The best thing about buying a mix is that heriditary problems are gone. Cocker's have bad ears, Shihtzu's have bad skin, when you mix them with a Poodle - NO MORE PROBLEMS!"<<

Another thing I can't figure out is why her grooming prices are bottom of the barrel cheap, but she charges a small fortune for these dogs!

:-?

[quote name='Horsefeathers!']This is a quote from her "Caring For Your Dog" page.

<<"The best thing about buying a mix is that heriditary problems are gone. Cocker's have bad ears, Shihtzu's have bad skin, when you mix them with a Poodle - NO MORE PROBLEMS!">>
[/quote]

This is someone who hasn't read the big book of genetics. :roll:

I thought the Yorkies were bad, but I hadn't seen the rest of the site yet.

OMG
Super Tiny Maltese:
1st female, 3.5 months old weighing 1.6 pounds- $4,200

I really don't think dogs were ever meant to be this small - or so expensive!

Teacup puppies! D**n disgusting and cruel! :o :o :o I heard of this thing going on in Japan several years ago... now it is official on the internet! After super mini mobilephone and PDA and laptop and whatever... hard to believe they are creating supermini canine? This is a disgusting "materilized" world.

I dont really understand it, but for some reason the Japanese people
like to "miniaturize" everything - trees, bushes, now dogs.....

do we have any Japanese members that could explain this? Is it because of the lack of living space, or some other reason? I'm very curious to know.....

When I was little I had Chihuahua's they were small, but not that small argh how is something that small suppesed to survive? what if it gets lost?
and you know the breeder is in it only for the MONEY..........................
[b]All I can say is ARGH[/b] :chainsaw1:

Why do you think it's the Japanese that started this trend? I would say it started right here in the puppymills of the U.S. It's Capitalism at its best (and worst). Find a sucker willing to pay for something like a "new, improved, super, tiny, micromini!" and exploit it. It's no different then the people who keep breeding Pits bigger and bigger. That trend appears to have originated here as well. Bigger is better as they always say. :roll:

And P.S. The people who are trying to breed "toy" Shibas are definitely not Japanese, just byb'ers from the good ol' US of A. We always have to screw with everything.

Probably because they are quick to jump on new trends. At one time Siberian Huskies were the dog to have over there. Now, try to picture what happened... no land and, in some cases, rice paper walls. :o
They are now the #1 shelter dog.

I cannot imagine a siberian husky and rice paper walls....the walls couldnt handle it....

Let me explain my question - I was not being hostile, or trying to offend, but the Japanese people have, for many years, miniaturized things. Plants, trees. bushes...They took a fairly large tree and bred it to be a miniature tree....miniature bushes...etc. there is not a lot of "free space" in their country - they are very compacted together, in a small landmass. I had read somewhere that the trees and bushes were miniaturized to make gardens, because they really love to have gardens and plants, but didnt have the room for big ones....

So I thought perhaps they had started to miniaturize dogs, for the same reason. A small dog in a small living space would make perfect sense.

I was not trying to be mean or anything. I have an honest curiosity
about the reasoning behnd miniature dogs....since I agree with K that
I dont believe that dogs were ever really intended to be that small.