Dogomania

Ode to my baby

Thank you all!!! :oops:

Yes, I wrote it for Cosmic. :)

In Singapore where I am, there has been sad news about some people giving up their dogs/cats because they fear that their dogs/cats might pick up the SARS virus and spread to to their family members. Total paranoia and completely UNFOUNDED of course. It made me feel so sad. :(

Ironically, that's why I started writing my poem!! :P

I'm glad you like it!!

Guest Anonymous

Awe! I love it! Makes me think of my Coal, he's growin so big, not the little round puppy we brought home already! He's got these long dog legs just taking over his little body! :lol: Oh I just love puppies! :D :angel:

Thanks! :oops:

This is the first poem I wrote for Cosmic. Yeah, puppies grow up TOO fast!! :P

We were at the dog run yesterday and he had the most fun with 2 newfound girlfriends, a bull terrier and a bulldog - I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY tempted to adopt an older playmate (and another baby for me!!) !!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o

Its very good, it just got me thinking... if people are putting their pets to sleep because of SARS maybe you could send the poem into your newspaper or something to get people thinking? You never know how many lives you could save just by restoring and reinforcing the love people have for their dogs.

I love your poem!It's really good..you should publish it or something..I didn't know there was SARS in Singapore..my mom just told me about all the stuff in China and Taiwan..all my relatives are still there..my mom is trying to get my dad to come over here, but he said that he has to stay because of his job.. :( :cry: Can animals get SARS?

[quote]Its very good, it just got me thinking... if people are putting their pets to sleep because of SARS maybe you could send the poem into your newspaper or something to get people thinking? You never know how many lives you could save just by restoring and reinforcing the love people have for their dogs[/quote].
GOOD IDEA AROURA :D

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :D

I'm glad you all think it's nice. :) I've tried telling baby about it, but you know, he'd rather have a treat... :icecream: Apparently, that's about the ONLY way I can prove my love according to him... :roll:

About the SARS and culling of cats issue...

There has been NO PROOF to date that animals can contract or spread SARS. Just lots of speculation and paranoia. SARS is pretty much contained in Singapore - our government acts fast. All of the animal lovers associations here, together with many individuals have banded together to submit petitions and raise awareness. Their efforts HAVE helped to sway public opinion. In the latest public poll held by a TV station, 80% of people who took part in the poll OPPOSED the culling. :)

That's great, but not nearly enough. The AVA (Agriculture & Veterinary Authority of Singapore) who are responsible for the culling are claiming that their recent activity has nothing to do with SARS, but is part of a government campaign to "clean up" Singapore. They claim that the sterilisation programme hasn't been working, and that complaints have gone up about the strays. It's very difficult to get a government authority to change their mind... :(

The worst thing is, although most of the population (about 80-90%) live in 'government susbsidised' housing (HDB Flats)(a small flat about 1250 sq feet still costs between $200,000 - $400,000 - amazing right??!!) cats are BANNED in such flats. :( The various societies have been trying to reverse this ban for ages, but are always turned down... :cry:

Frankly speaking, Singapore is not a great place to be if you're an animal lover. Although we do have one of the best zoos in the world. But that's different, because it was set up to bring in tourism dollars. :-?

I've set up another post ("PLEASE HELP ME") asking for anyone to write in to the forum of our national papers. We need to highlight to the authorities that the world is aware and watching too - and that most people would oppose such inhumane acts. If enough foreigners write in, maybe they would consider the loss of tourism dollars from animal lovers unwilling to support such actions. It's a small, small shred of hope, but we can't do much else. :cry:

Please let your opinions be heard if you think you can help!!!