Dogomania

puppy's we think??

julie45

A freind of mine's dog got out the other night and hen they found her she was having fun with a male :wink: . she is only 8mths old and in her first season,what are the chance's of her being in pup. any one know?????if so please help us out by giving me some advice. :oops: :oops:

I agree the bitch should be spayed, there may be a small additional fee but not much, at a Vet clinic I worked at it was only about $16.50 extra.
If your freind does not have the bitch spayed she may not see any changes in the bitch in the first 3 weeks. Some femals become more demanding for attention, their nipples may enlarge slightey, and some may become hungrier, these are not a guarantee of pregnancy, but are good signs. Bitches can show the same signs during "false Pregnancy" a hormonal abnormality which occurs after a bitch has been in heat. Other signs of pregnancy; a clear vaginal discharge may be seen into the 4th-5th week, Ultra sound is able to pick up fetal heartbeats at about 28 days into gestation. A Veterinarian may be able to palpate the uterus & feel the Fetuses at about 28 days into gestation - but this may not be possible for a large dog, or one that has pups under the rib cage.
Pregnacy last for approximatley 63 days.

• 3 months later...
Guest Anonymous

my dog is a dalmation/lab mix and she mite be pregnet with pups :o
shes only 8 months, and i'm just reading what you guys are writing and it's kind of scary... shes the first dog we haven't spayed, and my folks just don't have the $$ to spay her :oops:
there was a cockopoo here (my sisters dog, hes only 3 months) while Chrissy (my dog) was in her first ever heat.. that was around the 4th.. a couple days ago (shes still in her heat..) a german shepard stopped by and were afraid there mite be pups, but the thing is we don't know who the father is if there is even pups..! :-?
what signs do i look for? its gonna be hard to look for signs because it depends on who the father is.. if its the cockopoo then shouldnt she being showing signs by now..? if its the german.. how long do i wait?? help please!! :oops: her teets look a little larger to me, but my mother thinks differently.. its driving me nuts every time i see her..!

• 4 weeks later...

I agree that she should have been spayed... Lesson to all dog owners it is! Lesson learned the hard way. I do not agree, however, to spay her while she 'may' be pregnant. It's just like an abortion, and I believe abortions are wrong, sorry! If your friend ever needs helps with the puppies if she has them (and if she's preg), don't be afraid to ask for help! This place seems to offer all kinds of helpful advice and tips.

[quote name='Aonir']I agree that she should have been spayed... Lesson to all dog owners it is! Lesson learned the hard way. I do not agree, however, to spay her while she 'may' be pregnant. It's just like an abortion, and I believe abortions are wrong, sorry! If your friend ever needs helps with the puppies if she has them (and if she's preg), don't be afraid to ask for help! This place seems to offer all kinds of helpful advice and tips.[/quote]

Alright, HEllside's true colors are going to come out right about now. I don't know what your background is Aonir or how old you may be, but I'm going to voice a few things. You may believe abortion is wrong, that is fine and dandy, those are your beliefs and I have no right to question them. But there is a huge difference between aborting a canine pregnancy and a human one. Too often people personify animals. Sorry no matter how much we love them, they are just that, animals, they are not little people in fur suits. They will not know that they were going to be mothers and will not face the same regret that most of us would at a terminated pregnancy. In effect what you are saying is that the moment that a mammal has its first heat ( or menstrual cycle if you will) it is emotionally/phsically ready to reproduce. I will not start in on the human side of things, but dogwise, spaying the bitch right now will most likely save her life. *Insert Kiwi's reply here*

I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to offend anyone! :( Sometimes it IS the thing to do, I agree! But (i noticed) that the board started a while ago, and thought that IF she is pregnant, it 'might' be to far in the pregnancy.
I am also glad you voiced your opinion, and I'm not mad at you at all. Thanks :)