Dogomania

Cats vs. Dogs

Guest Anonymous

I LOVE dogs, and love cats... we have four cats (only 3 residing at our home now, but for 4 of Hazel's 4 years here the other one lived here too :lol: ). We only have one dog, use to have 2, but my parents won't let me get another one :(. I don't think I could live without a dog around, and while I love all our little kitties, don't think I'll be getting one of my own until I'm out of CWCC, which will be around 6 years from now! :o But, I'll have my doggies, so I'll be happy... plus they'll always be the little fur balls back at mom and dad's place! :lol:

While I was still working I always had a couple of cats. My job required a lot of short trips out of town and cats can cope with that. When we moved south and I quit working one of my cats passed on. I still had the other one when I brought Whitney home. Whit and that cat loved each other sooooo much. It was just too cute to watch a cat and a Dobe cuddle up together or take turns chasing each other. (Yes, the cat did chase Whit.) When that cat passed on Whit was so heartbroken that I almost went out and got another one just for her.

I like cats very much although, generally speaking, I don't like them quite as much as dogs. The cats I've had over my lifetime I loved as much as my dogs.

Sad thing is that I can no longer have a cat. I guess living in a catless household for so long has changed Whitney's feelings about cats. She would like to kill any cat she sees now. :(

I like cats but I'm not a "cat person" ie. I would get a dog over a cat any day, and I don't even know if I would buy a cat because we've always had visiting cats that have been *quite* enough to handle and they would get very jealous of any newcomers LOL :D . Maybe one day... also, I don't like kitty litter. It stinks!!

[size=6][/size][color=darkblue][/color][b]
hi there, i love my dogs but i also love my cat.i have never been with out dogs or a cat. but i must admit my frist love is my dogs,i have a colection of over 300 pot dogs but not one of a cat.now what dose that tell you.i love my cat and she as everything my dogs have, they all have the run of the house.with there own little cosy places. how could anyone hurt any animal i dont know.just because we love our dogs dose not mean we are not able to love other animals as well. 8) [/b]

I love cats we had one called Charley who lived to seventeen.
When my middle son was nine months old I had a female who had a litter of four kittens. When they were 2 weeks old she went out and never came back. I hand fed the kittens with baby milk with an eye dropper untill I managed to get a tiny bottle. It was very rewarding when they all surrived. [size=2]i know i should have had her spayed :oops: [/size]

Well I am the evil one. :evil: I do NOT like cats at all. I am allergic to begin with so I have never gotten to know any cats. Second, my MIL has tons of cats (they live in the country), the cats are filthy and gross. About 6 live in a small mobile home and it reaks of cat piss not to mention the 10-20 outside (it varies due to removal by hawks and new litters). That is the nastiest smell I have ever known. Now I have to deal with loose cats all the time. We live in an apartment and everyone seems to think the dogs have to be on leash but the cats can run around willy nilly. So if my dog gets out the door, off she goes after one of the many cats. Leash laws should apply to all animals!!! So in my life cats have really been nothing but a HUGE nuisance. But some people dont like dogs. That's why there are so many different wonderful creatures on the earth.

Guest Anonymous

Mary's Mama thank god im not the only one, i just didnt want to be the first person to say i hated them. I am allergic and dont really like them, they are all fuzzy and they shed like crazy, but not thick do hair that fine thin cat hair that sticks to your clothes and worse your face, and it makes me all itchy. :mad22:

They go potty in the house and that is a no no no, even if it is in a box If i wanted to clean up potty i wouldnt house break the dogs. And if someone were to break into the house what is a cat going to do, rub his legs and trip him, purrrr him to death, maybe the catbox will scare him off.... Nope I am 100% all dog. Dogs rule and cats drool!

For all you cat people put there dont hate me because i hate cats, Cats hate me too, They always come running over and try to rub on me and they sit in my lap and try to put thier tails inmy face... its like if you try to ignore them it excites them or something. But people who call them over get no love. Sneaky little so-and-sos. And whats the deal with cat-nip? I heard that stuff gets them high, is that true.

How could you not love something that is this cute? :cry:
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QADeAjYTcW7dreCupq1PSX2Xx8lpPG35*wRG8!99CL0mzrsvPBrz*L00coMPMo!OGFZPSnwvNIRoc7zx6Psu5pUWHnmnbs93qo7eAhxw8Q8/cats.jpg?dc=4675412433317023544[/img]

Granted, they sucker you in with all that cuteness and then only later reveal their true nature, like my evil (yet beloved) tortie, Paisley!

Guest Anonymous

:lol: Don't get me wrong KITTENS are adorable but the blasted things grow up to be snobbish cats. To me cats serve no purpose. No great companionship, no fun games, just litter boxes and aloofness.

Guest Anonymous

I agree dogs can be much more fun, but we got some real special cats. I've met some that have been total "snobs" that I just HATE! But like my sister's cat that's staying with us, Angel, she's SO smart! She will "give you some skin" (Shake a paw), sit, wave, crowch, jump up and down, and sit pretty! She's such a smartie! (Which also causes her to be a real pain in the butt sometimes! :lol: ) Then there's Daiquiri, my kitty, she's imbred ( :( ) so she's not really the brightest knife in the door (sorry, it's my own saying :lol: ) but Dak's the most loveable thing EVER! She will cuddle for HOURS. And thankfully (in a way) she only sits on MY shoulder. I've learned to pick her up only if I have a sweater on, cuz she'll climb on my back (ouch!) and sleep on my shoulders!! She doesn't with anyone else though, so at least we don't get any complaining guests! :lol: Pokey's a snob. I'll admit. I don't even like her much! LOL She's the second cat I remember (I still like Sooner better!!) We've had her since I was about 6. She's my mom's cat, and gets treated like the queen! :roll: Yeah, but she doesn't like me, so we have a good relationship. :wink: Then there's Tazmanian Devil Angel! (which is where Angel was named after) She's the fave. People who don't like cats come here and just LOVE Taz!! (however she's staying at my sis's apartment right now...) She's Dak's Aunt (but thankfully not imbred! :o ) And so also is very loveable. All the cats from the Montemurro's (my friend, thankfully she got all her cats FINALLY fixed!!) are like that. Taz just LOVES to talk, and mainly to me. Even when I talk to my sis on the phone, I'll ask if I can talk to Taz. As soon as i say "Hey Tazzy!" She goes "Buurrrow!!!" and starts meowing! :lol:
Cats all have their own personality, so all I'm saying, is don't hate them just cuz you know some people who have smelly cats that are snobby! :wink:

P.S.
Behle - That is just TOO CUTE!! :lol: :D

Guest Anonymous

Kitten are adorable and i can handle them its just the end result, its like a great dane puppy in a china shop. it starts out fine but dear god in a few months.... CRASH!! BANG!!! POW!!!

I only like my dog, and my cats. (just kidding mostly) I cannot stand the neighbors 10-15 dogs because they case/kill my ducks and cats, and they tear up the trash on a daily basis. :evil: However, dogs that are well behaved I like. Yappy jumpy bossy dogs I can definitely do without. I still only like my cats because I am allergic to everyone elses...go figure.