Dogomania

Is it a full moon or something?

Bitch fest going on at my house tonight!

I was just sitting here on the computer, and Jackie and Maya and Pooh Bear were all being kind of wild, playing their fake wrestling. Then all of a sudden Jackie and Maya started fighting, and screaming at them wouldn't break them up. I hit them on their heads with a pillow and they finally quit. Jackie has a little teeny tiny owie (about the size of a drop of blood) on the outside of her mouth, and saw a few spots of blood on Maya but didn't find any owies on Maya, although Maya's right front leg seems sore. I'll have to keep on eye on that. I really think it was more noise than anything. Pooh Bear stayed on the futon and out of their way.

It was my fault for letting them get too wild in the house. :sabber:

After I checked them both over very thoroughly, Jackie and Maya kissed and made up. Now everyone is just lying around being quiet.

From now on, NO wrestling in the house. There just isn't enough room in the house for them to do that.

[quote]Is it a full moon or something?[/quote]

Nope we are nearly at the opposite - dark moon, no moon, whatever.

I think it was likely a case of an accidental injury from play leading to scrappiness. It may be more likely to happen for a few months with a new addition but they will likely not be a problem.

Dog play can sometimes escalate into fighting like this. Wrestling can be a form of social testing for dogs, though it usually starts and end harmlessly. On occasion, however, it can suddenly escalate into actual fighting. Think of it like two kids who start pushing and shoving each other for fun, and then next thing you know they are in it with fists trying to actually damage one another. My own dog has tried getting out of hand like this with me. We would be wrestling and playing like normal, and within seconds it could turn into her flying into me with teeth and drawing blood and bruises. Not bad, but enough to scare me a bit. My solution to this was to teach her cut off signals and never let wrestling become too involved. She hasn’t been a problem since. My suggestion would be to watch over your two while they are wrestling, and break it up for a time out the second they start getting “wild.”

~Seij

[quote name='Michele']no full moon BUT....starting the beginning of July all the way til almost the end of August there is a mercury retrograde which means things either in personal or professional life are going to be very weird......usually if you have important business during that time, like signing stuff, i would not do it or it might get delayed til after the retrograde.....[/quote]

:hmmmm: :WTF:

LOL, my personal and professional life is already weird!

Anyway, today I also noticed that Jackie has a tiny little owie on top of her head and she has a lump on her nose. Maya didn't get any injuries. The girls are best friends again. Like Seijun said, it's just like kids when they get playing and one gets a little too rough and makes the other one mad.

[quote name='Michele']no full moon BUT....starting the beginning of July all the way til almost the end of August there is a mercury retrograde which means things either in personal or professional life are going to be very weird......usually if you have important business during that time, like signing stuff, i would not do it or it might get delayed til after the retrograde.....[/quote]

Ouchie,,, big words,,,, must. stay. away .from .the. big .words......ouch brain. now. hurts. :silly:

[quote name='xavierandrea'][quote name='Michele']no full moon BUT....starting the beginning of July all the way til almost the end of August there is a mercury retrograde which means things either in personal or professional life are going to be very weird......usually if you have important business during that time, like signing stuff, i would not do it or it might get delayed til after the retrograde.....[/quote]

Ouchie,,, big words,,,, must. stay. away .from .the. big .words......ouch brain. now. hurts. :silly:[/quote]

LOL! Look away from the computer until the big words are gone. Make your mind go blank: think blonde!

ok in small words..bitch wars are not uncommon for two female dogs int he same house. mine do it all the time. all you can is pick a term and teach it to them (mine is KNOCK IT OFF NOW) and enforce it. they stop.
they dont follow the same set of pack rules as males...