Dogomania

A new BIG foster is coming

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Okay so I was SUPPOSE to take a break from fostering dogs...then it became a break from fostering the large dogs. Well I still have Bernie the beagle (he's so cool) and still actively looking for a home for him. I wasn't planning on taking another LARGE dog in but this one is a bit smaller than normal but she was in need...in a BIG way. This is the email I got last night-

"Tammy do you have room for a spayed female two year housebroken ASD Pyr cross. Her owner is going to shoot her TONIGHT at sundown
Juliana can deliver her to you or meet you part way."

Well I didn't even ask my husband...Shot off an email with my phone number and a message to call me with where I needed to be and when today.

Well she was gotten to safety by another foster home. She is getting cleaned up and vetted this week for transport a week from today.

This is what I'm getting next weekend.

"Hey there,

Just wanted to give y'all a little more info on this sweet girl. Denise told me this morning that Selma has NO black mask and is actually white with a little cream and a touch of black on her ears. She has double dew claws and a longish coat. So...NOT the "distinctively ASD look" as the owner told me yesterday. Don't know for sure that there's any ASD there, but there was no time for pictures.

Denise said that she did great with her other dogs last night, no aggression, not food aggressive. She rides well, is approx 100 lbs, walks well on lead and knows a few basic commands. She will be bathed and fully vetted this coming week and will stay at the boarding kennel until Saturday am, 6/4. I've got all the kennel info. I gave them my cc, Carleen, so that Denise could leave her there this morning.

Tom, if you can set up the transport, I'll try to do the first leg from Longview to Shreveport, and maybe a little farther if necessary. I know you've done this route before, but I'd suggest Longview/Shreveport/Natchitoches/Alexandria/Lafayette/Baton Rouge/NO. I'll send you some contacts I have along the route.

There's a SLIGHT chance that I might could do the entire trip next Saturday. I may be going to BR next weekend and could take her with me to meet you, Tammy, somewhere in the BR area, if that would work for you.

I'm so happy that we were able to find out about her in time to save her life. I have no doubt that the owner would have shot her last night if we hadn't gotten in touch with him. Denise has been such a huge help!

Y'all have a great holiday weekend...I'm off to Baton Rouge again to see my newest little granddaughter born this past Tuesday! :-)))"

Only thing to do is test her with cats and the small dog (don't worry I've done it before with no blood shed :-) ) and then I'll be able to get a good idea of her ideal home. I don't have any pictures yet as it was such an emergency situation.

She is coming in from Texas so we shall see.

When I get pictures I will need naming her. Selma isn't going to do.

Guest Anonymous

The story as I got it was...

Owner A bought her for a Livestock guardian but it wasn't working out so he gave her to Owner B who lived in town, spayed her, housetrained her and made her a pet. Owner B wasn't thrilled when she got to be 100 pounds and didn't want a large house pet so he gave her back to Owner A.

Owner A put a 2 year old dog in with Goats and expected it to know what to do. She killed a goat.

Owner A is an idiot.

[quote name='DivineOblivion19'][quote name='Canis erectus']My gears are running a little slow tonight, but ASD=Australian Shepherd Dog?[/quote]

[color=indigo]I'm assuming Anatolian Shepherd Dog?? Something she's fostered in the past. [/color] [/quote]

Ah, thank you, that would explain the comment about the black mask

Guest Anonymous

I'm very lucky that my husband is already trying to fix our ASD crate (Jack who was before Beaux tore it up! ) and looking for another one.

He's a good guy.

I can't wait to meet this girl. She is in Longview Texas so anyone between there and New Orleans let me know. We have a transport coming this way next weekend.

Thank you all. I'm a bit nervous though. ASD's are known to be same sex agressive. Which is why I've always fostered males...there are more females than males here (Has to be that way I'm out numbered by human males).

T

Guest Anonymous

You know we could arrange a meeting between you two :-) It's just a hop skip and a jump for me to be in your neck of the woods and you know it maybe the older dog you are looking for!

Guest Anonymous

I'll take pictures when I pick her up this coming Saturday! I'll post them soon as I get her home...forget getting her introduced or settled in...I'll post pictures FIRST! Just kidding folks...I have a lot to do to re-set up my ASD bedroom :-)