Dogomania

I've found my new baby!

Crystal

I found my baby, oh my goodness I was so in love....The puppies are adorable..There were six of them, 3 boys, 3 girls. They are husky mix. The mom was a husky. They are pretty sure the dad was a yellow lab. They are only 4 1/2 weeks old. So I have to wait until March 1st to go back and get him. I guess it gives me time to pick out a name... I'm so happy. The kids loved him to, my daughter didn't want to put him down to leave. I was wondering if anyone has or has had this mix...If so could you tell me a little bit about this combo.

One of my dogs, Maya, is a Golden Retriever/Husky mix, so that'll be close to the puppies you're looking at.

She has the friendly goofy Golden personality. She's 4 years old and she'll always be a goofy puppy! I adopted her when she was 1-1/2 years old, six months after I adopted my other dog, Jackie, and they fell asleep on the sofa together the first night and have been best friends ever since.

Maya is a fence jumper, and if she gets over the fence she roams the neighborhood (and gets mommy-deaf). So I have her on a 35-foot cable attached to her harness when she's in the back yard.

I've heard that Huskies are roamers and very vocal, and Maya is both. I put a citronella bark collar on her at night (since I don't get home from work until after midnight and don't want her barking that time of night), and that works unless one of the dogs from the other block come to visit (which happened last night). Maya is a great watchdog, but if someone actually came in, she would probably lick them to death!

Other than Maya's barking and wanting to jump the fence, she is a perfect dog. She's wonderful in the house and loves everyone! If all Husky mixes are like her, I would definitely say go for it!

Here are a few pictures of Maya so you can see what her mix looks like.

Her ear is flipped inside out in this picture. Her ears lie down:
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UwAdA54YnPGdQwmWD!oqYsjUCxEpAt32D4U8qPe02Sg9c7TN7AAMxKdsZQ3*BdqEbvEgwvzOIA2K73XdSgz1il6waOTnFINTzV2NGzRdyOzSvptLLsT9uiY9uj5QLCPG/DCP_0003.JPG?dc=4675457678573855077[/img]
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VgAeAxkaVGcU8Y5MeJW*jd*IZlbmetFy3sZz97kNyEpdaZ0spIapsOQmTUQvrhXUuYj7NRmgD8OqJMdlCYAAmMrFUGSGupso2DFlIe4wqzqdTsovT5*cVhlbJJ4QAwWw/Canon%20003.jpg?dc=4675507001431337344[/img]
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VgAdAxoanmcU8Y5MeJW*jRrgsQaNWIcUGSBbCWu5VUgZzuBk3YU8wQMqMU2aewtXUHTj3VkoJVOe9GK*TJtGfiGa4XG5gj85ykIEkWCxFGgs7JZlAAvbxAmXhI*ilOh1/Canon%20004.jpg?dc=4675506656147526802[/img]

Maya is a beautiful dog. I looked for pictures of the husky/lab mix yesterday. They varied quite a bit. I think this pup will look more like the lab. Atleast he does now, but they change quite a bit. He's a very pale yellow, almost white. No matter what he looks like he will be perfect. I think the wait may drive me crazy, but it gives me plenty of time to get everything I need for him. I'm hoping he will be fairly easy to house train, that's always the first big thing. I've heard that they can be escape artists though. So I would say he probably will not spend a lot of time unsupervised outside, there are a lot of cats in my neighborhood and one very big very obnoxious dog. When my parents moved I took care of there min pin for a while, and every time I went to feed him the big dog would bark and growl. I'm scared to even let my kids out in the yard, but I have discovered he will not go near a house where there is another dog. I like the long cable idea. Gives them room to run, but confines them to the yard. May have to get one of those! Well hopefully I won't lose my mind waiting for 2 weeks. I'll get pic's up as soon as I get him. I've been thinking of names, but I can't really name him until I spend some time with him and see his personality. Then I'll see what fits him! We want something different, but not to nuts! Any ideas would be appreciated...

I actually do like some of the Icelandic names...but we don't get the pup until March 1st so I can't know him until I see his personality...as soon as I get to know his little querks I will let you guys know....Then I'll be able to pick a name...As soon as I get pics I'll ge them up.

Here are some names we are considering...
Spade
Mojo
Nikko
and I can't remember the others...I hope they come back to me

All I can tell you about the puppy now is it's male and yellow, such a pale yellow he is almost white. Almost a a cream color.They were only 4 1/2 weeks old when we saw them, still pretty little. They just whined and crawled around on the ladies couch. So I am yet find out if he is bouncy or laid back.

well they are from an oops litter. It turns out that the mans brother was at a friends house, the friend was kinda nuts and was gonna shoot the husky so her took her home. He asked his bro to keep it for him and promised to get her fixed, but before he made it that far, Oops!!!!

We had been looking at the humane society and local animal shelter, but they just don't have any dogs that fit in with us. Most of what they had was smaller breeds and it just wasn't what we were looking for. I tried there first! I usually do!

oh and now my husband wants to name the dog X isn't that different :-?