Dogomania

Reporting Neighbors (I did it)

Guest Mutts4Me

Mutts, thats an awful situation... eh, I hope the owners keep the dog inside too but lets be realistic, theyre only concerned about themselves NOT the dog so once they know theyre not under watch from the HS (or AC) out goes that poor puppy.

Is there any way that the HS would be able to come over imediately when you call about your neighbors being gone and the pup outside?

If no legal action is taken for that poor pup maybe you could get someone to donate shelter and the proper tie-out equipment for it?

Well good luck... I really hope this pup gets taken away soon!

• 6 months later...
Guest Anonymous

In certain cases I think people should be reported. Hitting, beating, starving, no shelter, no heat, filthy living quarters, cooped up with no exercise, collars growing into a neck are legitimate reasons. I personally think using your dog for a yard ornament is wrong, but is not against the law. Not breeding responsibly is not a legitimate reason and is not against the law. We may not like everything people do with their dogs. Heck, I could easily see people on this board turn people in for feeding the dogs what they think is bad dog food! Not cleaning the litter box as often as they think it should be!!

[quote name='mars&venus']In certain cases I think people should be reported. Hitting, beating, starving, no shelter, no heat, filthy living quarters, cooped up with no exercise, collars growing into a neck are legitimate reasons. I personally think using your dog for a yard ornament is wrong, but is not against the law. Not breeding responsibly is not a legitimate reason and is not against the law. We may not like everything people do with their dogs. Heck, I could easily see people on this board turn people in for feeding the dogs what they think is bad dog food! Not cleaning the litter box as often as they think it should be!![/quote]
This thread is months old. No point in answering, now!

Guest Mutts4Me

Hey, folks, as pointed out, this is an old thread.

Since it was brought up, I will say that the dog, who was an awesome dog, a puppy still despite his very large size... is dead. Tied out all the time and never trained, he was always very excited to have anyone come see him. The neighbor kids (their neighbors on the other side) went to see him, as they sometimes did, and stood just out of his reach, as usual. Perhaps their grandma never noticed them teasing the dog before, but she saw him "lunge" at them and reported the dog as aggressive to AC. His owners surrendered him, and he was euthanized. This was Mothers' Day; I've cried over and mourned the poor, beautiful puppy, but I'm quite convinced he's better off. RIP Jager