Dogomania

Hooray

marion

Since getting back from holiday don't seem to have had a minute. :( Not caught up on missed posts here or anywhere else for that matter. It's weddings, weddings and bloody weddings at the moment. Plus I've been mad busy with work too.

Anyway to the point. I've just had Cleo again for a week. I took her back to my brother's today. Anyway they say that she never moves out of her bed for three days after I take her back. They say she gets very depressed. This is because they live in a very small house in a built up neighbourhood and they never take her out.

Even though she's old, going blind and deaf she still loves her sniffs in the grass and runs after me on the Heath. Whilst here she follows me round the house every time I move. She follows me upstairs then can't get down again and I have to run up with her bed, she jumps in it and I carry her down. You can't pick her up because she doesn't like you pressing on her tummy. She goes out here at least four times a day on the Heath and has my two doggies for company even though they studiously ignore one another. I took her out in the rain this morning and stood there for 10 minutes while she sniffed one blade of grass. :roll:

Anyway, they asked me today if I'd have her fulltime. They think she would be happier here for her remaining life. She didn't get to go out much when mum was alive due to her ill health, except when I visited and always took her out (she associates me with going walkies). Although they love her dearly they think she'd have a better quality of life with me, Bri, Ruby and Rosie. So, I left her there for the time being and will collect her some time this week. At least now she won't be going back and too all the time. I've already got a nice new fleece blanket ready for her arrival. Plus she gets all the chicken she can eat here.

So wish me luck with my new or should I say old Cleo, I hope her remaining days will be very happy here with us. :angel:

Guest Anonymous

marion sounds like your doing the right thing.. from whaty ousay it sounds as though she has chosen to spend her reaming happy years with youwhere she can have fun and sniff teh grass ;)

[quote]your brother is mean not taking her out for a little walk [/quote]

Well Judy Bri said the same thing. How could they give her up if they loved her (which I'm sure they do). All it would take is to put on her lead and take her on a few short walks a day. :( They are both retired so don't have work to go to like us. They also live about five minutes drive from a lovely canal and recreation area.

Personally I couldn't do it, it broke my heart to take her back after having her for a week or a fortnight. So I don't know, are they thinking of themselves (I know they're frightened in case she becomes ill and dies etc) or have they truly got her interests at heart.

Either way I gain because I get to keep her. :iloveyou: So that's all that matters. :D