Dogomania

Boxer shot in Vinton, Louisiana

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

It was in the Lake Charles, Louisiana paper today that 2 (the owners have 3) boxers became frightened during a thunderstorm and escaped from their yard.

A lady called in to the police department that they had 2 pitbulls running loose in her neighborhood.

The officer arrived and shot 1 of the dogs once in the leg. He then shot it a second time in the stomach. The dog was still able to walk around but was staggering. At this point they used a catch pole and for what ever reason took it to the sewer plant where it lay bleeding for 40 minutes. They then decided to kill it. The officer shot it a third time in the shoulder. This still did not kill the dog...IT BLED TO DEATH!!!!!

This is outrageous. EVEN if the dog presented a danger once in control of the dog they should have sought medical treatment for the dog or immediately put it out of it's suffering.

The second dog was caught the next day and impounded.

Please POLITELY express your concern about the handling of this matter to the police department and/or major's office.

Vinton City Hall, 1200 Horridge St., Vinton, LA 70668
Phone: (337) 589-7453, Fax: (337) 589-6127, E-mail: [email][email protected][/email]

OMG I'm so sick right now! He shot the dog cause it was running loose?!
THREE TIMES! That poor dog, it didn't even try to attack anyone! There was no reason to shoot that dog and make it bleed to death and suffer until it died! I'm definately writing and email but I'll have to do it later I don't think I could be polite right now. :evil:

:evil: This makes me sooooo angry! LC, it sounds to me like he shot the dog not because it was merely running loose, but because he thought it was a PIT running loose. Its disgusting.....I wonder if he would have been so quick to fire his weapon if it was a Golden , or a Chihuahua?? This stereotyping of breeds has got to stop "it looks like a pit, therefore it MUST be vicious...better shoot it just in case" :x

absolutely appalling.....did the article say anything at all about the dog being the least bit aggressive? or was it "shoot first, ask questions later?"

police like that should not be allowed to have guns. what's to stop him from shooting a person he feels is aggressive? or accidently shooting a child trying to hit a dog? he should be taken off the beat immediately, and
assigned a permanent desk job, if not fired completely. I would say that qualifies as cruelty to animals. while I am not a big fan of lawsuits, this guy deserves to be sued.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Guest Anonymous

I tried to find a link to this story but the American Press newspaper there charges $10 a month for online news. I called the number listed for city hall and taked to a man who gave me a few tidbits of info, he said he heard the dog was shot at a distance but didnt know much else.

It sounds like perhaps the cop(s) that responded were trigger-happy. But Im not sure yet, I cant find much confirmation of this and I usually like to see more then a post with one persons view before I send angry e-mails and such.