Dogomania

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it

zheelah

Well I did at one time complain that I was stuck here with a very good agility dog and couldn't compete on a national basis, well an article Kat wrote about Meg so I decided to do something more with here. So since april we have been training as a Search and Rescue team 8)

I would never have thougth my dog would be so darn fast in picking upp what she is supposed to do, we have been to less than 10 training sessions, and she can locate a persone in a mountain hill by scent alone, bark at the persone with out a cue, come to me and bark and then show me the persone, she totally knows what she is doing, she is finding the guy that has her ball, and she knows how to get it, she has to mark on the guy, and come to me and tell me that she found the "victim" and and show me the victim.

This weekend we are going to a seminar an I am so excited, it's going to be so much fun, a weekend devoted to training my dog and having fun with other dogs, not a bad way to spend your weekend is it :)

Whoo hoo go you! :D I am so glad that you got inspiration to do something different when you were frustrated about the agility situation. S&R is great fun and the adrenaline is just such a buzz for the handler as well, plus you are making a real contribution to society :wink:

tihi I feel so important :lol:

This is so much fun, she learns so darn fast, I'm having trouble keeping up with her (well this I knew before but may I say it again she is so deam clever). Before yall know I will be running upp and down mountains searching for lost people all over the place, U know some of you will have to come to Iceland, and get lost, so I can rescue you :thumbs: :wink:

Oh yeah, I am going for the weekend training tomorow, I am cleaning my clothes and stuff that I'm bringing along... I am so excited, not a bad way to spend a weekend now is it :)

I will tell you how it goes on monday... (so no Dogo for me for three days, I think I might manage, well maby :roll: )