Dogomania

anyblody lookin to give away a free pitbull ?

Guest Anonymous

Even if someone did offer to give away a pit bull,you're in the bronx and they might be somewhere in texas ooookay who would pay for the transportation?just pay a small fee of $60 a rescue one from the shetler if you really love this breed.maybe for you,and i know for me along time ago this seem like alot,you just gotta earn the money.you're in the bronx,braid someone's hair,walk some dogs,babysit some children.but one thing don't go to a pet shop,spent like $500 and eventually they might get sick.

p.s.-never give out your email,there might be hackers lurking

There are a number of Pit Bulls, in shelters, in the bronx and across the country...usually on death row.....

your plea for a "free Pit Bull" makes me somewhat suspicious, since the shelters will want your name, and info on you, and how you plan to home
it...perhaps you had best explain yourself.....

:o

Unless you really know where the dog goes - never give it away for free. People just wait for that and then sell them to research labs or pit bull fighting rings. I put an add in a paper once giving away a free puppy. I got the weirdest calls. "Puppy? Can I come get it?" People did not even ask me if it is a male or a female and what breed......Amazing...

Guest Anonymous

Good lord. :o

I remember I ran into a guy in the park where I go quite a bit who had a 6 month old black lab puppy and didn't realize the responsibility to own and care for a dog. He was saying he might give it up in a year and I told him if he wanted the dog to find a home he should do it ASAP so it's still cute when it goes up for adoption as this guy obviously wasn't up to the challenge (he said he really just wanted to meet other guys in the park). Anyway, he says he was just going to place an ad in the local paper offering a free puppy and I had to explain that the kind of people who (usually) take free dogs like that don't have the best intentions and I convinced him if he did give the dog up pay the SPCA fee rather than take it to the local pound as the dog would find a good home and not be at risk of being put down. He said he wasn't sure if he could take it back to the breeder but I urged him to look into that as a first resort and not expect his money back.

I never so that guy again, so hopefully he did the right thing.

oh my goodness... :o
there are so many ways i disagree but i just also wanted to mention that we all love dogs here and i dont think anyone would be willing to give up their pride and joy for someone who they know nothing of and do not know their education level about dogs, and for no price. especially for someone who hasnt even said one word not even given a clue why they want this dog

Guest Anonymous

[quote]Unless you really know where the dog goes - never give it away for free. People just wait for that and then sell them to research labs or pit bull fighting rings. [/quote]
Ummm, yeah, right. Im sure a lot of "dogfighters" looking for game dogs get them for free.

[quote]if you have a pit bll please contact me or leavea message than you my eamil adress is [email][email protected][/email][/quote]
I have some great dogs. I rarely give them away but when I do I make sure they are going to a responsible owner. Which I am sure you are. If you want a free pit bull, just call me. Ill send him right out. And you wont even have to pay for shipping fees!! It'll all be on me! Oh, and hey, I might as well pay for the food AND the vet bills! And Ill go ahead and get him fixed, since you wont be able to afford pups. Maybe I shouldnt? Im sure you will want to breed him with the cur down the street?
:roll:
All joking aside, why on earth would someone post some crap like this when all they have to do is go down to the local shelter? Hm, probably arent able to adopt...

Guest Anonymous

[quote]Quote:
Unless you really know where the dog goes - never give it away for free. People just wait for that and then sell them to research labs or pit bull fighting rings.
Ummm, yeah, right. Im sure a lot of "dogfighters" looking for game dogs get them for free.
[/quote]

hmmm, i think the poster was referring to wannabe thugs who'll match any pit bull just because. then again, most people don't distinguish between those people and dogmen/women, so who knows.

Guest Anonymous

I took the rottie I fostered for a while to keep her out of the pound for those reasons..people looking for dogs to match against their fighting dogs.

That happens alot here. People take their dogs to teh pound, they come in looking for opponants for their fighters. They let them loose on the unsuspecting shelter dog and let the pits tear them up..so they get to where they like to do it..then they try harder when it's in a real match...its sick...just absolutely sick!

Wonder if the people who fight dogs would enjoy being made to fight for their lives..like in Gladiator...I think it would be due process for that to be their punishment!

Guest Anonymous

[quote]then they try harder when it's in a real match[/quote]
This is BS. Putting a dog bred to fight on a cur is not going to make him want to fight harder in matches but teach him bad habits that the owner wouldnt want thier dog doing in the pit. What would make anyone think using a Rott would prepare thier dog for a pit bull? The pit would probably think he had another easy win coming...

[quote]hmmm, i think the poster was referring to wannabe thugs who'll match any pit bull just because. then again, most people don't distinguish between those people and dogmen/women, so who knows. [/quote]
Yeah, I know... thats why I said "dogfighters".