Dogomania

NOOOOO! Not my Television...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Okay, so I was about ready to kill one of my dogs last night.
A friend and I were playing the PS2, Tekken 4, and I had one of my males running around. Well, the PS2 plugs in to the front of the tv, there isnt anywhere to put the game on the ent. center so I just sit it on the coffee table. Well, my dog started acting crazy, running in circles through the bathroom (walkthrough, two doors). Then, he decided to run in between the coffee table and the tv. Well, he got caught on the PS2 wires and, instead of pulling the game off the coffee table the tv fell off the ent center!!! Fell face down!! It still works but there are huge cracks all the way around it! I dont know why the tv fell instead of my PS2?? At least it wasnt the big screen!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh no! That sucks! Sounds like something that would happen in my house though. Peeka would do something like that.

My husband plays his ps2 every day alll day (he's injured). His ps2 sits on the floor while he plays and Peeka walks between him and it all the time and his cord gets pulled out. It drives him nuts.

Guest Anonymous

My hats off to you my friend. Not only do you love the same breed as myself, but oyur gaming choice is impecable. I am the biggest fan that Tekken ever had. I love tekken 3! my hands down all time favorite fighting game on any system. That is the beauty of the XBOX, the quick release wires. instead of either the TV or the Game hitting the floor the wire would have disconnected pausing the game and freeing your dog. I still get mad that I have to stand up and walk across the room to plug it back in but its better than the other options.

Guest Anonymous

:o Eak! I hate it when that happens, but have never had it happen to the TV thank god! :o Our TV downstairs, the PS2 doesn't hook up to it, hooks up to this other thinger ( :oops: the thing the DVD player and speakers and stuff are hooked up to, whatever it's called), but the TV in my room is much smaller and on a very uneven shelf, which the PS2 gets hooked straight to, so I could see it happening there, luckly the shelf is quite high, and so it would take some acrobatic movements on Coal's part to pull it over :wink: But I've been in mid game and Zip, the dog has pulled the cords out, Or Coal often knocks the phone off the coffee table by doing that.
Cords are such a pain in the arse, if I had it my way, EVERYTHING would be cordless! :lol: :wink:

[quote]That is the beauty of the XBOX, the quick release wires. instead of either the TV or the Game hitting the floor the wire would have disconnected pausing the game and freeing your dog.[/quote]

Quick release wires are the bomb, they have saved our tv, controlers, xbox and floor* numerouse times.

*The reason I mention floor is because the xbox console weighs [i]around 300 lbs[/i] and I'm sure if it landed on [i]our[/i] floors it would go right through.

My TV is in a cabinet built into the wall (I built it when I bought this house)
because the room is so small there was nowhere else to put it. Behind the TV center is a closet, so it seemed logical. My kid puts his PS2 on the floor too, and sure enough the dogs disconnect the wires running to the door.
I have hardwood floors, so my solution was to masking tape the wires to the floor when in use, so the dogs couldnt pull them out.

LMAO!!! What would you do for fun and excitement (other than video games) without a dog?????
Magic does stuff like that too but she's my girl and can't do anything wrong. :lilangel: I make excuses to myself like I should have taken her to the park like I was going to and exhausted her running around and these things wouldn't have happen. :wink:

Thats the best thing about dogs, no matter how much damage they cause you can always look back on it and have a laugh! :lol:

That sucks about your tv though, one night when I got home from the pub it was like 3am and I wasn't really in any condition to stop any drastic situations, but the dogs sure do know how to pick their timing and Lily and Tess got into this massive fight IN MY BEDROOM RIGHT NEXT TO MY TV which is sitting on a rather unstable table, well I dived ontop of them barely managing to save my tv from topping to the ground, ontop of my stereo and vcr. Another inch and they all would have been gone :o

Note: The dogs were both fine, just a bit scruffed up :wink:

Guest Anonymous

You just have to love the little dears ... :roll:

My GSD decided to chase one of the rotties around the house while I was on the computer. Needless to say the telephone cable became tangled around the GSD and both hard-drive (tower) and monitor fell. Luckily I caught the tower before it hit and the monitor landed on the pile of laundry sitting on the floor (I knew there was a reason for leaving laundry on the floor :) ). It is just a very good thing that they are so cute otherwise they would find themself in very deep water sometimes.

Guest Anonymous

[quote]on a different note my son once pulled the kids old TV right off the sideboard it is on in his room ...he was looking for the "door where the little people get in" it never worked again...[/quote]
LMAO!!!! :lol:

He pulled it down from the wires that hook into the TV and plug in. The TV actually still works, maybe even better. I usually use the bigscreen, and the game is out of the way when its played on it, but my niece was watcing my Spoungebob collection so I used the 27".

Oh yea! RnP! Tekken is the best. I always send the boys home crying from a good a$$ whoopin! The shame of being beaten by a girl!! Hahaha.
So, whose your main guy? I will kick some major butt with King (I love all his throwing moves!!), Yoshimitsu, Nina, oh hey, Im gonna brag, I kick butt with EVERYONE!!! Noone is safe from the Tekken Queen!!

[quote]Thank god my PS2 has not yet been victimized by Dexter. He did manage to run full speed into a solid wood entertainment stand and seroiusly damage one side of it, LOL. [/quote]
LOL. Just wait. It will soon be your turn!
My littel housedog is always running into the wall and door jambs! Little bitch is so clumsy if I didnt know any better Id think she were blind!

Guest Anonymous

I am the same way!
IN tekken My player of choice is King, I hardly ever get to play with him because noone will play me when i use him. my second choice is usually Nina, or Bryan and i am exceptional with heihachi. I find that using all of the players is the best simply because you know what the stance looks like right before a move, you know how long it takes for a move to connect, and it just makes you that much more deadly.

Guest Anonymous

LOL!! That is soooo funny! Noone will play me when I use King either. They just pass the stick around..."its your turn", "no, its your turn"...lol
Too bad you dont have a PS2, Id kick your but for ya online!

Guest Anonymous

Well now that sounds an awful lot like a challenge... t boggles the mind how much time i spent on that game. literally days just perfecting th ethrow combos. i have quite a streak of wins, one night we sat at a friends house and played Tekken all night long...6 hours later (we play with 5 round matches) the score was Me 69 wins everyone else in the house(since it was a me versus them thing)12 but the only time i lost was when i picked someone other than King. I have to do that periodically to keep them playing. Dont you hate that? having to play at less then your best to keep people interested, or worse yet loosing two or three rounds to get them excited and then just DESTROYING them and winning the match. :evilbat:

Thanks for the memories... almost :question: makes me want to go and get one. If they didnt have such horrible load times, and better graphics, and most importantly Halo. But i might look into a used one just so i can change my title to the US champion. Hey with online i can go world wide in my quest to dominate the competition.