Dogomania

Thumbs down to puppy farms & designer dogs

Malamum

As some of you may remember there have been a few topics posted here in the past where us Aussies have vented our frustration that a well-known Australian TV personality (Don Bourke) actively promotes the breeding of designer dogs.

I am happy to say, that this week one of our current affairs programs has aired a few segments showing the abhorrent conditions of a certain puppy farm (one that Don Bourke seems to support) and also explaining why the breeding of designer dogs is unnecessary and a bad idea.

Check out the story on their web site: [url]http://todaytonight.com.au/stories/778757.html[/url]

and cast your vote in their designer dog poll. I know the question is poorly worded and a bit ambiguous but we want the idea that breeding designer dogs is unacceptable out there.

They also have a section for feedback [url]http://todaytonight.com.au//contactus/index.html[/url]
drop them a quick note congratulating them on the puppy farm story. We really want to see more stuff like this on TV.

Guest Anonymous

I think their poll may be a bit clunky..... I thought I too had voted more than once becuase the poll question kept coming back up. However after clicking on no multiple times it finally came up with the current results and won't give me the option to vote again.

Can't believe I didn't watch this. Finally TT has put out something worth watching and I miss it!!! :(

Anyway I voted no and sent off a very positive thanks to TT for showing it, even though I missed it.

Mel- do you think the fact Burke is with rival channel 9 had anything to do with running the report? Just my cynicism kicking in. :wink:

[quote]Mel- do you think the fact Burke is with rival channel 9 had anything to do with running the report? Just my cynicism kicking in.[/quote]

BK, we can be cynics together because I thought exactly the same thing. However as long as they are getting the right message out there I don't care what their motives are.