Dogomania

Sale

stacer126

We were walking in our local mall and they had a sign on the petstore door that said "puppy sale".

How can you have a puppy sale?! I saw a beautiful Weimeraner in there for $2999 can and also a Bernese for $3000 can.
Why do people pay these prices? A good breeder will sell you a better, healtier puppy for less. People are fools.

There was a couple there looking for a dog so I gave her the website [url]www.petfinder.org[/url] to look at, they are rescue dogs from some shelters in Canada. They also have a advertised section for the US, if anyone is interested.

It's appalling what pet stores charge for those poor, sickly, badly bred puppies. You know, on Wizard of Claws' abominable site, I saw a Maltese pup for $4K!!! And her ears stuck up! (Maltese ears should never, ever do that!) You could buy a show-quality Maltese pup in Michigan for $3K!

:evil:

Hmmm! Capitalism at it's finest! Reputable breeders charge high prices for good-quality dogs so let's charge the same, the consumer will never know the difference and we can get rich.

The mentality and insensitivity of mankind is absolutely embarrasing to say the least. People have become so dependent on being told what is acceptable they don't take the time to find out the truth for themselves, must less ask someone.

:angel:

[quote name='stacer126']my family had a impulse buy once from a pet store and we ended up giving her away to a another family.

What do they do with the ones they don't sell? You could have saved her from the pound (if thats what they dog).[/quote]
Lucky was an impulse buy, but I was 8 years old at the time and my parents had never heard of puppymills. And they lied to us and said he was from a breeder who had kept two of the other puppies to be showdogs (He's a mutt!) Luckily he turned to be healthy. Just the other day we met his brother (same pet store, same breeds, maybe not a brother but from the same puppy mill) who was only a year old and had to have both hips replaced at only 9 months.

I will NEVER but from a pet store again. My other dog Chaos was rescued. (from a shelter)

[quote name='stacer126']my family had a impulse buy once from a pet store and we ended up giving her away to a another family.

What do they do with the ones they don't sell? You could have saved her from the pound (if thats what they dog).[/quote]

Probably send back to the mill, to replace mom who died of dehydration because she was already whelping another litter.

:angel: