Dogomania

Ah life with a Jack Russell

My husband told me last night he has been late to work two days in a row now. Yesterday when he finally woke up, he saw Stewie digging at the top of the alarm clock. Seems the little booger doesn't like the noise and has figured out how to hit the snooze. He is so fast my hubby doesn't even hear the alarm.

So has anyone else had to tell their boss "My dog turned off the alarm"?

:cunao:

:D

No problems with alarm clocks. But Pumpkin would answer the phone for me when the answering machine picked up. I got a call from a friend one day and she told me my greeting was really weird and she wasn't sure she had the right number. Somehow he changed the greeting and it was now a duet of kitty meow's.

:angel:

:rofl: , i love these funny stories :lol: :lol:

[img]http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies1.htm[/img]

[img]http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/jestera.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/jump.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_gross_1/baebae.gif[/img]

my rottie LAYLAH makes me giggle as she opens doors for my other 3 dogs who aren`t as tall as she is :lol:
they have access to the garden all day as i leave the back door in the kitchen open for them which leads straight into the garden, but sometimes it accidently gets shut by one of my kids or it sometimes just slowly swings shut. before Laylah came to live with us, if the door shut the dogs would scratch at the door or whine to get someones attention to come and open it again, but now Laylah`s here she just stands on her back legs, pulls the handle down, opens the door and lets them all in :lol:
I also bought a baby gate to stop the dogs going into the hall way coz when someone knocks on the front door it`s chaos...the dogs go crazy. But Laylah`s figured out how to undo that and open it too :roll: :lol:

[quote name='jen']
I also bought a baby gate to stop the dogs going into the hall way coz when someone knocks on the front door it`s chaos...the dogs go crazy. But Laylah`s figured out how to undo that and open it too :roll: :lol:[/quote]
Speaking of baby gates, I really don't understand how it works with some dogs :D When Hippo was about 3 months (short-legged tiny baby), we went to see my in-laws, who set up baby gates to keep her in the kitchen. Now that worked fine, as long as I was in there. If I left the kitchen, lil hippo would jump OVER the baby gate :o to follow me. And I still don't understand how she could do that, considering that, at the time, she'd get on the couch, and whine to be taken off because she was afraid to jump off :lol: (needless to say the couch isn't as tall as a baby gate)
As for doors, she figured that the bathroom door, if it's closed but not locked, can be pushed open (with her big hippo head)!

:lol: :lol: one of my other dogs is a JRT, called Barney, but he`s one of those dogs that has to follow you everywhere,even to the toilet :roll: , he`s very short for a JRT but if he feels the need to be with me when i`ve gone through the baby gate he just jumps from the spot like a spring and jumps straight over it!!!! :lol:
i`m starting to wonder why i bothered getting the baby gate :roll:
I`ll probably get up in the morning to find the dogs have figured out how to use screwdrivers and find the baby gate in pieces!!! :wink: