Dogomania

What arrogance! LOL

courtnek

who does he think he is?? My male lab mix rescue, Alex, is acting like he owns the place! UNTIL Freebee PUT him in his place....

He's laying on the bed (I let them watch TV with me) and he's all lounged out, SNORING!! when Freebee hears a noise outside...she jumps to action, runs to the back door, and HE LAYS THERE!! She comes in, SNAPS at him
(get your lazy arse UP dog....) and makes him go look too. It was just hysterical!! She is looking ALL PO'd because he wasnt moving fast enough for her, although there was no real threat, and he probably knew it, but SHE had to investigate and so HE had to go with her!! In HER opinion, at least... God, I am STILL cracking up....It's almost like a husband and wife thing - "I heard a noise!! Go Look!!"

:roll:

:lol: Reminds me of when Rinny was top dog- *he* was the only one allowed to bark at strange noises and patrol the boundaries, and BK had to stay put and shut up (very hard to imagine him shutting up!). Kind of like a big brother looking after the little one. :)

That's really cute!!

When I'm giving the dogs their treats, I make them both sit. Shadow sits right away, but Rocky gets excited and forgets himself so he stands up. So, to get her treat faster, Shadow makes him sit by pushing his butt down with her front legs... all the while still in a pretty good sit! LOL.

You just gotta love dogs!!!

True female efficiency! :lol: My boys just bumble around kind of like a couple of bachelors in their own little "pad". One is reminded of Felix and Oscar, the Odd Couple. Max (rottie - Felix) is usually the first to give any kind of alert. He is sincere and earnest in his alarms. He barks so enthusiastically that his front feet come right off the floor, meanwhile Ben (saint - Oscar) shuffles in, looks out whichever window Max is having a barking fit at, and gives one or two big barks; kind of like he feels an obligation to bark but doesn't really have the heart for it! Then he shuffles off disinterested. I wonder what a female rottie or saint would think of them? Probably...."What a couple of idiots! Are squirrels really worth barking at?"

I really enjoy reading stories about the unusual interactions of your furkids! IMHO, Anyone who doesn't think dogs are thinkers has never really watched their interactions. They are a source of endless amusement!

yeah, that is great. lady and dresden have been a trip recently too. dresden still likes to steal and destroy things when she gets a chance, usually when i'm in another room trying to work on something. it usually goes like this: i'm working, lady and dresden are playing, i'm concentrating and don't notice when it gets quiet, lady comes in and sits in front of me and stares at me like "you need to check on that brat", i go out and every stinking time dresden has stolen something. it really cracks me up...

I believe they "think" a whole lot more than they get credit for. Freebee "rats" on Alex all the time, everytime he steals something....

then he looks all guilty and apologetic, but as soon as I leave the room I can hear him growling under his breath at her....

:D

Tomson did something funny today. Last week Grandad found he had a wasps' nest in the bathroom window (outside), so he tried to have a go at getting them out and failed miserably (he did get some professionals in to do it later). Tomson got stung on the front foot by a rogue wasp and took the opportunity to sook about it. He would hold up the hurt foot when he was feeling like he wanted attention, and of course he'd get it, and this went on for a few days, always with his hurt foot. Routine: lift, look pitiful, attention. He tried today to do the same trick by holding up his foot, but he held up the [i]wrong foot.[/i] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: